Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

DarthPrime wrote:
Sicoe6256 wrote: I don't believe it!!! Now, they don't have artwork on the BD???? WTF????
Yeah I noticed that too. I received my copy yesterday from DMC, and I've been busy at work, so I haven't watched it yet. The 2 disc case bothers me more than the artwork. Although I expected the case, the lack of artwork on the Blu-ray was a surprise.

I know the Australian 2 Movie Collection and the UK release have artwork.

With the picture showing the Cinderella collection having blue and gray discs I'm wondering if Disney is done with artwork in the US?
Cinderella is a Diamond Edition, and it would be nice that its BD would have artwork, like all the other cases. But, with Disney, you never know.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Lnds500 wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:Okay. Its a pity that I have to wait an entire month. But give me a note when you'll recieve it, though. Could you see if the audio commentary is the one from the Laserdisc edition?
The commentary should be the same as in the other '2-Movie Collection' editions.
abenotgabe wrote:Image
It should be. But I still hope that it should be the commentary from the Laserdisc.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

It IS the same as the European versions. Mine came in the mail today from DMC.
Last edited by DancingCrab on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Scamander wrote:Image
Dammit! Plain disc art! Those cheapskates! :x
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Treasure Planet is plain as well.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Lnds500 wrote:Treasure Planet is plain as well.
Home on the Range too, and the 2d Blu of John Carter. Surprisingly Newsies had disc art.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

What a shame they fit both movies on the same disc! Now they only have half the bitrate (and stuff) they could have had...
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

271286 wrote:What a shame they fit both movies on the same disc! Now they only have half the bitrate (and stuff) they could have had...
NOT TRUE!!! I can't believe people actually say those things without confirming them. The FatH 2 movie collection has a higher-bitrate encoding that the individual releases, Pocahontas could be the same
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey,
I don't mean to sound like an ignoramus... but I see three discs in the set, and only two "slots" for discs in the case... are the DVDs stacked on one another???
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Marce82 wrote:Hey,
I don't mean to sound like an ignoramus... but I see three discs in the set, and only two "slots" for discs in the case... are the DVDs stacked on one another???
Yes. :P Surprised? :lol:
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Lnds500 wrote:
271286 wrote:What a shame they fit both movies on the same disc! Now they only have half the bitrate (and stuff) they could have had...
NOT TRUE!!! I can't believe people actually say those things without confirming them. The FatH 2 movie collection has a higher-bitrate encoding that the individual releases, Pocahontas could be the same
Im not comparing it to other releases! Im stating that one movie on one disc means it can take up twice the space two movies on one disc can! Higher quality. Simple logic!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

271286 wrote:Im not comparing it to other releases! Im stating that one movie on one disc means it can take up twice the space two movies on one disc can! Higher quality. Simple logic!
And I'm telling you, it wouldn't make any difference. Yeah, they could give it a very high bit-rate.. but would they do it (since they're not doing it for their Diamond releases)?
The Pocahontas bit-rate on the single releases is a high as Beauty and the Beast's. The whole thing fits on a 25GB disc. Now they are just giving you a 50GB disc and they give you both movies. Question is if they are giving you a higher bit-rate than the international release..
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Lnds5000... you have to be joking. Stacking discs like that will only lead to the disc on top to get scratched like crazy...

THis is DARN tacky.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Lnds500 wrote:
271286 wrote:Im not comparing it to other releases! Im stating that one movie on one disc means it can take up twice the space two movies on one disc can! Higher quality. Simple logic!
And I'm telling you, it wouldn't make any difference. Yeah, they could give it a very high bit-rate.. but would they do it (since they're not doing it for their Diamond releases)?
The Pocahontas bit-rate on the single releases is a high as Beauty and the Beast's. The whole thing fits on a 25GB disc. Now they are just giving you a 50GB disc and they give you both movies. Question is if they are giving you a higher bit-rate than the international release..
I was sure they used 50 GB disc for all their releases? If they don't that's just stupid...
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Just a small reminder... if anyone gets Pocahontas and he/she has a PC BD drive, I need some help with the technical specs of the film.
271286 wrote:I was sure they used 50 GB disc for all their releases? If they don't that's just stupid...
They don't. Most of the time they don't need to either. Usually they put 50GB discs on international releases cause they have to fit all those extra language tracks in there, but they hardly use the full 50GBs. More like 30-35GBs.
BwayJ
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BwayJ »

Blu-ray.com has a review and screenshots of this set:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pocahonta ... 96/#Review

It doesn't say in this review, but does the Pocahontas DVD in this set have "If I Never Knew You" as an option, or is it just the theatrical cut?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Just the theatrical cut.

and I have to question the credibility of anyone who says this movie is forgettably.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

I just read that review.... are they joking with those special features???? Im sticking w my 10th anniversary DVD....
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Marce82 wrote:I just read that review.... are they joking with those special features???? Im sticking w my 10th anniversary DVD....
What about picture/sound quality? Isn't that priority number one?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^as Disney has proven before, it seems to be Priority number two, though he said that the original movie has near-perfect quality. The sequel is plaqued with a bit of aliasing and there is some color banding.

Both soundtracks appear to be satisfactory.

But bonuses should be higher priority than they are right now.

As for the fact that IINKY is no longer in the movie, I'd go so far as to download an edit or recut the Blu-ray version myself to add it back in. And since I have an HD PVR and Powerdirector10, I can do that easily.