DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 815
It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(

_________________
Image
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:34 pm
Posts: 4489
Location: The Netherlands
DisneyDude2010 wrote:
It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(


There's plenty of love.

The question is where did they bury Hunchback and Hercules?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 815
yer i'd love a HERCULES release !

_________________
Image
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:34 pm
Posts: 4489
Location: The Netherlands
We really need to start some type of campaign. A big one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 am
Posts: 729
Location: NETHERLANDS, THE
PatrickvD wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote:
It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(


There's plenty of love.

The question is where did they bury Hunchback and Hercules?
HahaIndeed! Below Walt's frozen cryogenic coffin I imagine

_________________
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 1163
DisneyDude2010 wrote:
It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(


Agreed.

Quote:
I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(


Yeah, but they never talked about the final product. They just talked about how promising the project seemed comparing to The Lion King.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 4375
Location: UK
It would be so interesting to actually discover the reason why they have totally and utterly given up on Hercules and Hunchback. WHY. They are aware of the former for sure, as Megara's theme song is always pulled out for CD compilations. And also the latter as he is feautured in Disney Dreams! In Disneyland Paris.

I think there must be some hope though, as Treasure Island is getting a Blu release.

_________________
… The Film That Gave Voice To A Whole Generation …

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:55 am
Posts: 2520
Someone on Blu-ray.com's forum already got theirs from DMC (I hope to get mine in a few days). It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right. None of the discs have art work. The DVDs are gray, and the Blu-ray is Blue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:55 am
Posts: 295
Location: USA
DarthPrime wrote:
It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right.


(Said in super slow motion) Noooooooo!!

I was hoping this wasn't gonna be the case...bad lazy Disney! I mean seriously, how tough is it to use a 3 disc case?? I don't care about the lack of disc art on all discs as much as some people, the packaging of the discs irks me more. That means the chances of the same thing happening for the Rescuers set increases. I might just have to start buying 3 disc Blu-ray cases and keep them handy for each time Disney pulls this shenanigans...but I shouldn't have to do this!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:55 am
Posts: 2520
KACENAID wrote:
DarthPrime wrote:
It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right.


(Said in super slow motion) Noooooooo!!

I was hoping this wasn't gonna be the case...bad lazy Disney! I mean seriously, how tough is it to use a 3 disc case?? I don't care about the lack of disc art on all discs as much as some people, the packaging of the discs irks me more. That means the chances of the same thing happening for the Rescuers set increases. I might just have to start buying 3 disc Blu-ray cases and keep them handy for each time Disney pulls this shenanigans...but I shouldn't have to do this!


I'm going to do the same, and order a few 3 disc cases to keep around. The lack of disc art isn't that bad. I just thought it was odd not having art on at least the Blu-ray like previous releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2266
PatrickvD wrote:

The question is where did they bury Hunchback and Hercules?


They will come. EVERY Animated Classic will get some Blu-ray love. It's only a matter of time...


PatrickvD wrote:
We really need to start some type of campaign. A big one.


I already did. It's called "Open Vault Disney." If you'd like to help me in an Admin position, I'm always looking for more help!

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:31 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am
Posts: 417
Location: Berkeley, CA
DarthPrime wrote:
The DVDs are gray, and the Blu-ray is Blue.


No Blu-ray art period??? Not even the "halfzies" art?

_________________
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:19 am
Posts: 591
Location: Germany
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:04 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 1163
Scamander wrote:
Image


Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:33 am
Posts: 881
Location: USA
DisneyFan09 wrote:
Whoa, how did you get your copy early?


It comes out today (7/3) if you ordered it through Disney Movie Club. My copy shipped a week from last Friday; hopefully it comes today so I can watch it over the July 4th holiday. :)

_________________
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 1163
MJW wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:
Whoa, how did you get your copy early?


It comes out today (7/3) if you ordered it through Disney Movie Club. My copy shipped a week from last Friday; hopefully it comes today so I can watch it over the July 4th holiday. :)


Okay. Its a pity that I have to wait an entire month. But give me a note when you'll recieve it, though. Could you see if the audio commentary is the one from the Laserdisc edition?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
DisneyFan09 wrote:
Okay. Its a pity that I have to wait an entire month. But give me a note when you'll recieve it, though. Could you see if the audio commentary is the one from the Laserdisc edition?


The commentary should be the same as in the other '2-Movie Collection' editions.

abenotgabe wrote:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 am
Posts: 599
Location: Timisoara, Romania
DisneyFan09 wrote:
Scamander wrote:
Image


Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.


I don't believe it!!! Now, they don't have artwork on the BD???? WTF????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
It's not the first time we're seeing this though

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:55 am
Posts: 2520
Sicoe6256 wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:
Scamander wrote:
Image


Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.


I don't believe it!!! Now, they don't have artwork on the BD???? WTF????


Yeah I noticed that too. I received my copy yesterday from DMC, and I've been busy at work, so I haven't watched it yet. The 2 disc case bothers me more than the artwork. Although I expected the case, the lack of artwork on the Blu-ray was a surprise.

I know the Australian 2 Movie Collection and the UK release have artwork.

With the picture showing the Cinderella collection having blue and gray discs I'm wondering if Disney is done with artwork in the US?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bruno_wbt, DisneyEra, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Mickeyfan1990, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group