Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

I find it funny now that whilst watching Waking Sleeping Beauty everyone though Pocahontas was excellent and was even compared to a Shakespearean story. & now where has the love gone :(
There's plenty of love.

The question is where did they bury Hunchback and Hercules?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

yer i'd love a HERCULES release !
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

We really need to start some type of campaign. A big one.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

PatrickvD wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote:It really annoys me the minimalism promotion and care put into this release :(

There's plenty of love.

HahaIndeed! Below Walt's frozen cryogenic coffin I imagine
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Agreed.
Yeah, but they never talked about the final product. They just talked about how promising the project seemed comparing to The Lion King.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

It would be so interesting to actually discover the reason why they have totally and utterly given up on Hercules and Hunchback. WHY. They are aware of the former for sure, as Megara's theme song is always pulled out for CD compilations. And also the latter as he is feautured in Disney Dreams! In Disneyland Paris.

I think there must be some hope though, as Treasure Island is getting a Blu release.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Someone on Blu-ray.com's forum already got theirs from DMC (I hope to get mine in a few days). It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right. None of the discs have art work. The DVDs are gray, and the Blu-ray is Blue.
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

DarthPrime wrote:It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right.
(Said in super slow motion) Noooooooo!!

I was hoping this wasn't gonna be the case...bad lazy Disney! I mean seriously, how tough is it to use a 3 disc case?? I don't care about the lack of disc art on all discs as much as some people, the packaging of the discs irks me more. That means the chances of the same thing happening for the Rescuers set increases. I might just have to start buying 3 disc Blu-ray cases and keep them handy for each time Disney pulls this shenanigans...but I shouldn't have to do this!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

KACENAID wrote:
DarthPrime wrote:It comes in a 2 disc case with both DVDs stacked on the left side, and the Blu-ray on the right.
(Said in super slow motion) Noooooooo!!

I was hoping this wasn't gonna be the case...bad lazy Disney! I mean seriously, how tough is it to use a 3 disc case?? I don't care about the lack of disc art on all discs as much as some people, the packaging of the discs irks me more. That means the chances of the same thing happening for the Rescuers set increases. I might just have to start buying 3 disc Blu-ray cases and keep them handy for each time Disney pulls this shenanigans...but I shouldn't have to do this!
I'm going to do the same, and order a few 3 disc cases to keep around. The lack of disc art isn't that bad. I just thought it was odd not having art on at least the Blu-ray like previous releases.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

PatrickvD wrote:
They will come. EVERY Animated Classic will get some Blu-ray love. It's only a matter of time...

PatrickvD wrote:We really need to start some type of campaign. A big one.
I already did. It's called "Open Vault Disney." If you'd like to help me in an Admin position, I'm always looking for more help!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

DarthPrime wrote:The DVDs are gray, and the Blu-ray is Blue.
No Blu-ray art period??? Not even the "halfzies" art?
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Scamander wrote:Image
Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Whoa, how did you get your copy early?
It comes out today (7/3) if you ordered it through Disney Movie Club. My copy shipped a week from last Friday; hopefully it comes today so I can watch it over the July 4th holiday. :)
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

MJW wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:Whoa, how did you get your copy early?
It comes out today (7/3) if you ordered it through Disney Movie Club. My copy shipped a week from last Friday; hopefully it comes today so I can watch it over the July 4th holiday. :)
Okay. Its a pity that I have to wait an entire month. But give me a note when you'll recieve it, though. Could you see if the audio commentary is the one from the Laserdisc edition?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Okay. Its a pity that I have to wait an entire month. But give me a note when you'll recieve it, though. Could you see if the audio commentary is the one from the Laserdisc edition?
The commentary should be the same as in the other '2-Movie Collection' editions.
abenotgabe wrote:Image
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Scamander wrote:Image
Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.
I don't believe it!!! Now, they don't have artwork on the BD???? WTF????
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

It's not the first time we're seeing this though

DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Sicoe6256 wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote: Whoa, how did you get your copy early? Could you tell if the audio commentary is the one original one from 1995 or the one from the Special Edition with the directors and producers only? The 1995 version had Alan Menken, Stephen Scwhartz, the art director and one of the writers as well.
I don't believe it!!! Now, they don't have artwork on the BD???? WTF????
Yeah I noticed that too. I received my copy yesterday from DMC, and I've been busy at work, so I haven't watched it yet. The 2 disc case bothers me more than the artwork. Although I expected the case, the lack of artwork on the Blu-ray was a surprise.

I know the Australian 2 Movie Collection and the UK release have artwork.

With the picture showing the Cinderella collection having blue and gray discs I'm wondering if Disney is done with artwork in the US?