Statue/Figure Collection

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That Phoenix is awesome and fierce xxChrisxx!!!

That Supergirl is pretty awesome too Chris! I like that one the most except her cat, I think its weird she has a Super cat at all. Superman didn't have any Super animal sidekicks. But her pose and everything is awesome. The others are cool but Electra I thought would be looking more tough and kill-peopley, but I like Invisible Woman. Those are good pictures of you too!

I can't believe you're still getting so many of these...wait, birthday presents?

Ha, my favorite picture in your banner is the Opera Woman too, the one with the gloves, right? April? She just looks so pretty and her mysterious thinking something evil expression and its such a good classy painting.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote: That Supergirl is pretty awesome too Chris! I like that one the most except her cat, I think its weird she has a Super cat at all. Superman didn't have any Super animal sidekicks. But her pose and everything is awesome.
Actually Superman etc did have shit ton of animal sidekicks. The one closest to Supes himself is Kypto the dog. They also have Super Horse and Super monkey. No Joke.

Supergirl always had the cat(named streaky) and the horse. While Supes have Kyrpto the dog.

Disney Duster wrote:The others are cool but Electra I thought would be looking more tough and kill-people-ish, but I like Invisible Woman.
Well the figures statues are designed by Shunya Yamashita who draws pin-up anime artwork. His girls always have a cute look to them. Invisible woman is nice too but for some reason her hair is more brown-ish color where as the images online her hair is more bright blonde. I dunno why that is though.
Disney Duster wrote:I can't believe you're still getting so many of these...wait, birthday presents?
Actually no they aren't. Buying them myself. The new copic markers set is my B-day present though. I also got my Dean Yeagle books in as well. When you come over I'll show you all of these..

Disney Duster wrote:Ha, my favorite picture in your banner is the Opera Woman too, the one with the gloves, right? April? She just looks so pretty and her mysterious thinking something evil expression and its such a good classy painting.
Opera woman is the the one with long blonde hair holding the black cat and opera glasses.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I do remember Krypto the dog. That's so weird to me and so, I dunno, kiddish to me I'm surprised.

Oh I get why all these bish statues look this way now. Invisible Woman looks blonde in your picture though.

Can't wait to see your copic markers. Dean Yeagle...oh boy, gotta prepare myself for lots of focus on naked girl.

It makes sense the opera woman with the cat is your favorite. You used her giving the finger before and well she has long blonde hair haha. I find that picture really weird though. It doesn't make any sense to me. Like why is her hair blowing and she's holding a cat and she doesn't look like she's at an opera.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Just got my newest and latest figure in:

Asuka Soryu Langley

xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Looks cool. Congrats, bud.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Just some pics of my collection

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I have the following statues and a few busts as well (all pictures courtesy of online sources).

This first one is from the Batman Black & White line and is designed by David Mazzucchelli who drew Batman in Frank Miller's Year One story. I really love this line of statues and I hope to get as many as possible some day.

This second statue is designed by Groo Creator Sergio Aragones from that same Batman Black and White line. I picked this up recently for $25.

This one is from the same line and is Man-Bat designed by key 1970's artist Alan Davis. I picked this one up at a comic show for $15.

This is my other full size statue featuring Rogue from the X-Men and is part of the Sentinel Series line. BTW, if anyone is interested in buying or trading for this piece please pm me.

Here are my two WDCC figures.

Here are my busts
This first one is the Hellboy Museum Bust
and Alex Elder from Crimson by Humberto Ramos

and my wants
This is one of my two biggest wants at the moment. It's the Catwoman statue from the Batman Black & White line and designed by Steve Rude.

This is my other want at the moment and is the Batman by Kelley Jones piece. One of my favorite bat artists I have a custom bound HC of his run from the Batman comic.
and pretty much any other Batman Black and White or WDCC statue I can get my hands on.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Very nice, Gurgi! I love the Batman B&W line, it looks very cool. I've seen several of them at my LCS (local comic shop).

I love Siren!
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

Thank you. They're clean and elegant and I don't think I'd like them nearly as much if they were in color.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Just got new Statue today

Mutha-fucking Thanos on throne. Sitting LIKE A BOSS.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Man, I'd like to get sculptures like that, but the prices are just out of the question. The main problem being I don't have a job at the moment.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Me with my Thanos Statue and the new Campbell books I got yesterday

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That is a GREEEAAAT picture. And that is one biiiig statue.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Wow that looks great.

Nice statue too by the way.

Okay bad joke. :lol:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Oh, Patrick. Tsk tsk.

I love Siren!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

PatrickvD wrote:Wow that looks great.

Nice statue too by the way.

Okay bad joke. :lol:
You made the same lame joke Chris made over on AIM. lol
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:You made the same lame joke Chris made over on AIM. lol
Yeah I admit it was a really easy joke. Not surprised I wasn't the only one. :lol:
xxhplinkxx wrote:Oh, Patrick. Tsk tsk.
What? :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Super Aurora wrote:You made the same lame joke Chris made over on AIM. lol
Mine was definitely wittier, though. 8)

I love Siren!
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

That Thanos statue is wickedly evil... in a good way of course. That's a beautiful statue though.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Gurgi30 wrote:That Thanos statue is wickedly evil... in a good way of course. That's a beautiful statue though.
Yeah it was. I love it a lot. Bowen Statue made three different Thanos statue and I was kinda torn between which one to get. The throne one was the newest one that came out and most interesting to me, so i got that one.