Beauty & the Beast original colors - in upcoming platinu

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Well, I use VLC on my iMac to watch it. I go up to the top and click on "window" and then down to "video filters". You should then get a pop up window that says "video effects". Click on "crop" and then in either the left or right side, type a crop value of 960 and click enter. It will cut it in half but the aspect ratio will still be goofed. To fix it, simply type in 0 in the same spot you just typed in and click enter. Should be perfect then but let me know if you have any problems.

One cool thing about VLC is that it makes it easy to make image captures. You simply go to video and then click on Snapshot.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Im wondering if we have different versions of VLC, because I don't have a "window" up top.

I did find the crop menu another way though. Putting 960 in cuts the video down by half, but nothing but black is shown. Putting 0 in merely resets it back to how it was before doing anything (as I would expect).

Edit: whoops, I thought you told me to check the synchronize left and right. Not doing this at least gives me a picture, but once again putting zero in there simply resets it to the side by side video.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Well first of all, are you using the Mac version of VLC? If so, make sure it's up to date. The crop feature was all screwed up in the old version and I literally had to wait two months until version 2.0.1 was released. You should know if you updated, since it looks completely different and has an all new interface. It's much slicker now, with the option to have a grey or black interface.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I'm on windows 7, but yes I'm updated. It does look very different.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I really don't know what to tell you. I've never seen the Windows version of VLC, so I'm not sure where everything is located and how it differs. All I know is that clicking on "Video Filters..." gets me a pop-up window titled "Video Effects". I click on the "Crop" option within that window and then get something that looks like this:

.........................Top [_____0 px]

Left [_____0 px]...........................Right [_____0 px]

.....................Bottom [_____0 px]

All the values are defaulted to 0. I type 960 in either the Left or the Right side, doesn't matter. Maybe this is just Mac but it changes the aspect ratio to half as a glitch, instead of cropping. I then type the value back to 0 and it's perfect, half the image has been removed and the aspect ratio is correct. I don't know what else to say.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Well, thanks for trying anyway.

I do get do that screen, like I said. I guess it just doesn't glitch on my end. I need to find a way to correct the aspect ratio after cropping off the second image. I've tried all of the default aspect ratios, and it helps a little but not nearly enough. I don't think its actually taking the crop into account, its just adjusting the pre cropped picture.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Well, 32:9 is the correct aspect ratio. So if your crop is working properly (which mine doesn't lol), you should just have to crop half of it off.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I don't have PM privileges JP. where do you go to enter a custom ratio?

Edit: nevermind, I found it. That seems to do the trick! thanks man.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I was going to download the movie on iTunes now, only to find out that Disney have removed it:/ Now I'll have to wait... 5-6 years, or more(?), to get a digital copy.

When will Beauty and the Beast be released the next time? Have we got a clue about when it will hit stores again? (Let's hope Disney will have finally restored the darker colors when that time comes;)
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

The search system is really messed up, so I guess this thread will have to do... Anyway, over at IMDb's Beauty and the Beast message board, user named quantumleaper01 posted this message/thread:
Has anyone else read/heard that the last line of the film was supposed to be spoken by Belle and she was apparently meant to say to the Prince, as they were dancing, " Could you grow a beard? "

I actually like that idea and would have liked to have seen an alternate ending with that dialogue.
Does anyone here know more about this? I kind of like the idea, even though it really wouldn't work with the movie's ending as it is now.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oh, thank GOD they didnt end it like that!!!

Having a cutesy character like Chip do a funny line at the end is fine... but have one of the leads end the movie with a PUN????? That would have totally killed the majesty of the ending...
It also would imply Belle was in love with the Beast's animal-like exterior, implying she is into bestiality... ugh.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Marce82 wrote:It also would imply Belle was in love with the Beast's animal-like exterior, implying she is into bestiality... ugh.

:D
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

bwahahaha, love it!!!!!!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Marce82 wrote:Oh, thank GOD they didnt end it like that!!!

Having a cutesy character like Chip do a funny line at the end is fine... but have one of the leads end the movie with a PUN????? That would have totally killed the majesty of the ending...
It also would imply Belle was in love with the Beast's animal-like exterior, implying she is into bestiality... ugh.
Not necessarily. She just wants something to remind her of the way he looked when she fell in love with him. I actually like the idea, and its not really a pun. But I admit it could ruin the ending, too. I'm not sure.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my goodness !

What a funny little line for the writers to have even have thought of ? On one hand, I quite like it for the different element it would have added to Belle. On the other, it just does not fit the film's majestic ending.

It would be more in place in Shrek maybe ? Or perhaps the Broadway show.....I can really hear Susan Egan saying it ! :lol:
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

:lol: That reminds me of a bunch of Adam fanart I found a while back that I love

-Tim
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

PrincePhillipFan wrote::lol: That reminds me of a bunch of Adam fanart I found a while back that I love
Those are absolutely amazing. :D
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

I own the Beauty and the beast diamond edition bluray bought at a store. Reading posts on this forum I gather that the Beauty and the beast version in the 3D disc features the "original" theatrical version of the movie along with different colors (arguably better ones). Now I have a request to make. Anyone can provide me with a copy or a link to a copy of the 2d movie taken from the 3d version?
I don't consider this piracy as I've bought the diamond edition already.

Thanks to anyone replying
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

geniuswalt wrote:I own the Beauty and the beast diamond edition bluray bought at a store. Reading posts on this forum I gather that the Beauty and the beast version in the 3D disc features the "original" theatrical version of the movie along with different colors (arguably better ones). Now I have a request to make. Anyone can provide me with a copy or a link to a copy of the 2d movie taken from the 3d version?
I don't consider this piracy as I've bought the diamond edition already.

Thanks to anyone replying
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 2D disc from the 3D combo pack is the same as the non-3D combo pack. Only the 3D disc is different.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

DarthPrime.... yes, it is the same disc. What geniuswalt wants it the movie taken from the 3d disc (with THOSE colors)... but he wants it in 2D and playable in a computer.