Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm doing extras work on the film set !

Happy to pop back here and give a report ?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I'm doing extras work on the film set !

Happy to pop back here and give a report ?

Whoa :shock: You are so lucky! I hope you have an great time :)

And yes! Please do keep us updated :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha, thank you very much DisneyDude2010!

I do it for quite a few movies ! You may be able to see me next in Anna Karenina..... :)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That is hella amazing. You, atlanticaunderthesea, are going to be in The Maleficent movie!!!!

Well...too be honest, I don't want to be spoiled too much, but I bet everyone else wants to be updated, so, do as the others wish!
candydog wrote:As for flying, well I guess she is a supernatural being. Is she a fairy in this? Do we know yet?
Yes, she's a fairy. But they said the three good fairies would now be pixies. It makes sense though that as a fairy she could fly, even without wings, because I believe before Shakespeare, fairies were not believed to have wings (he had fairies with wings in A Midsummer Night's Dream).

I have a question though. How do the fairies names not matter? I mean, this is called Maleficent. Why keep one name and call the movie that, but then change the other names, making the choice to call her Maleficent and give her horns almost pointless.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I don't know if this is just me, but I would LOVE to have Maleificant's theme from the original score make its way in the film ? What a wonderful tie that would be.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I don't know if this is just me, but I would LOVE to have Maleificant's theme from the original score make its way in the film ? What a wonderful tie that would be.
I would also love that! It's so iconic to both Sleeping Beauty and her presence!

I think Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen in Once Upon a Time) would make a great Maleficent! She would be my dream choice over Angelina Jolie. And I know there's India Eisley playing a younger Maleficent but I think Elizabeth Gillies (13 the musical and Victorious) woulld be spectacular!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I would first like to apologize for bumping this thread without any new information, but I found this on tumblr today and found it quite interesting. The author of this summary has taken all the information we know about this movie so far (character names, casting, plot points revealed by the actors, etc.) and put together what they predict the characters and full plot of this movie will be. It makes a LOT of sense to me, and hopefully brings to light some of the confusion surrounding the plot (I'll put it in white to avoid anyone not wanting to be potentially spoiled):

Ok we know 100% that Angie is Maleficent, Elle is Aurora, and Sharlto is Stefan (Aurora’s father)

First, the young prince by Brenton Thwaites I’m about 75% it’s Phillip but I’m worried that they might’ve changed his name or they’re doing the same like in Snow White and the Huntsman and not reviling the Prince’s name in the promotion stuff except the actual film.

Second, the three fairies are also my theories. Imelda Staunton is playing Knotgass who I’m guessing is Flora. Lesley Manville is playing Fittle who I’m guessing is Fauna. Juno Temple is playing Thistlewit, who I’m guessing is Merryweather because she was the youngest actor and Merryweather was the youngest of the 3 as she’s the only one who had black hair.

Third, though neither Stefan’s wife or Maleficent’s raven names are reviled in the movie Stefan’s wife is name Leah and Maleficent’s raven is named Diablo. Hannah New is playing Lelia who I’m guessing will be Stefan’s wife and Sam Riley is playing Diaval who will be a shape-shifter. Also King Hubert I’m guessing will be King Henry who will be played by Kenneth Cranham.

Ok now that I got the casting theories set off this is my theory for the story.

Stefan in this movie will be half-human half-fairy and the bastard son of a human king (Maybe King Kinloch?). Copley has already reviled that Stefan and Maleficent are lovers at one point and somewhere in the fairyworld is where they fall in love.Stefan’s father tries to take over the fairyland but Stefan offers himself up as a token in order to stop the current war with the fairyland and the human world. Maleficent disapproves highly of this because it means Stefan will leave her and she’ll be all alone again and with only her aunt. This is what causes Maleficent to come the way she becomes. With Stefan gone from fairyworld Maleficent become depressed and soon turns to dark magic and gets her new pet raven which her aunt Queen Ulla (played by Miranda Richardson) highly disapproves of and thus punishes Maleficent and hopes to ridicule for life by giving her horns from a cow. Maleficent later matures and forgets about the love she shared with Stefan and leaves the fairyworld and goes to the Forbidden Mountains where she makes her new home. Maleficent then gets word from her Diaval who tells her that Stefan has had a child and is having a christening and has invited the entire kingdom including those in fairyland but did not extended an invitation to Maleficent. Maleficent then remembers what she had with Stefan and though she no longer loves him or cares for him in such a way she gets angry for not being invited and then storms into the christening and curses the baby girl. The rest of the story is played out like it is in the original animated movie except in Maleficent’s POV. But whilst Phillip is battling Maleficent he does not kill her when he threw his sword he only injured her, which with her magic she later heals herself. There is a great, epic, and finale battle before the end.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The story may or may not actually end up like that, but it does sound interesting. Miranda Richardson's character, in particular, sounds to be like a similar character she played in Merlin--Queen Mab. Stefan actually sounds like he would be an interesting character as well, from that perspective. Regardless, after reading that, I kinda feel like re-watching SB now. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow .... whether that is the actual story or not, such an interesting idea!

I don't see why the the three good fairies had to change their names though to be honest; what was the reasoning behind that ?
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

POSTER AND LOGO(official)

Post by WonderNeverOz »

Poster

Logo

Official Poster designed by Anthony Matula with logo.

(Source: http://www.anthonymatula.com/blog/?tag=maleficent)
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

That's has to be fan made.
A poster wouldn't be released so early, even before filming.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:That's has to be fan made.
WonderNeverOz provided a source which seems legit.
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Wouldn't the WDC have exclusive rights for the release of any official promotional materials though? I hardly think they would allow the graphic artist to just freely post the work on his blog as a way of premiering an official poster.

PLUS her horns are shaped different than in all the other set photos and the one official image with the cowl doesn't have her ears showing.

Sorry, but I'm going to call "fan-made" (albeit really nicely done) until I see something official from Disney.
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

the keys that made me think it's official.

1. it says " I also designed a title graphic with Maleficent’s famous magical staff." and i dont think anybody who is a professional designer wud lie abt anything like that

2. it says "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney" in the logo. Disney's recent work only has "Disney", but many people still think "Walt Disney"'s in any logo. (Remember the frozen fan-made logo?)

Anyway, Sorry for stating it official right away, but i strongly think it is.
It's just something that i found.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Sotiris wrote:
It's not fan-made. WonderNeverOz provided a source which seems legit.
I have to disagree and besides surely the poster would of leaked to other websites.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I have to disagree and besides surely the poster would have leaked to other websites.
The site seems legit but perhaps this professional designer/photographer makes fan-made posters just for fun without being contracted to do so. Oh, well...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I like the logo and the poster, but Angelina's horns and face look hideous--and she's a gorgeous woman, so that really is a shame.

I hope the horns aren't going to be hideous in this film, btw. *scared*
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

A poster wouldn't be released so early, even before filming.
Why not?

Don't we get to see the actual Blu Ray/DVD packagings of movies that have to be yet released on theaters?

...like Brave,
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Definately photoshopped. Look at the edge of her headgear that sharp line without a shadow... Photoshopped!

Also note how the picture grain is different in various parts of the poster... Obviously the costume, face and headgear (whatever you call it) is put together in Photoshop...
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Noticed that too.

But it could be a work in progress...