Doug's 1st Movie

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Doug's 1st Movie

Post by jamminjake245 »

It sucks at the time when Doug's 1st Movie came out to home entertainment because Disney had not really jumped onto the DVD wagon yet, but shortly after it did so Doug never got a release to DVD, only VHS. Do you think we will ever see a Doug release? It was one of the lowest grossing Disney animated movies ever, but that's because it was suppose to be a direct to home video thing, but with a few bells and chimes they made it onto the big screen. I guess the movie flopped, but Disney could atleast put it out on DVD and make a few bucks. Who knows with how Disney is going we may get the first season of the show.:)
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I want the Nick years more than the Disney one but the film was good.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:I want the Nick years more than the Disney one but the film was good.
Agreed. The Nick version was by far the better of the two shows. The Disney version was okay, but it just seemed like it was trying too hard to be "cool". The old episodes are classics, in my opinion, and deserve DVD treatment. Plus, Billy West is the best voice for Doug, not the guy they got for the "Brand Spankin' New" episodes.
- John
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Yeah. I have always wanted Nick's, but I was just wondering about the movie.
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

jamminjake245 wrote:Yeah. I have always wanted Nick's, but I was just wondering about the movie.
I would've talked about the movie, but I haven't seen it since it was released in theaters, so I remember basically nothing. But I'm all for getting it on DVD, I remember liking it........I think.
- John
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

I recorded it to DVD off of Toon Disney a few weeks ago. That was the first time I saw it. It was average, but for a Disney movie very poor. I loved hearing the theme song again because it has been so long since I last heard it. Was Disney's Doug ever a popular series? Hopefully if so we will get it on DVD (Along with Nicks as part of Rewind!)
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I am sure "Doug's 1st Movie" will be released after the entire Disney series is released on DVD ...

Since that movie ... just like "Kim Possible: So the Drama" ... and "Ducktales: Treasure of the Lamp" were the movie series finales of their respective shows ...

So I would guess that the Ducktales movie would be released on or after the final DVD installment of the Ducktales series ...

I personally liked both the original Doug and the Disney Doug ...

As for the original Doug on DVD ... I don't think it would be a part of the Rewind Collection ... cuz to me it seems that the Rewind collection is for older shows ... Rugrats came out the same time that Doug did ... and I don't think Rugrats would be a Rewind Collection DVD either ... Sorry to go Off-Topic ...
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

A few days ago I was thinking the same thing how there were some movies I have on VHS that I have not seen or heard about a future DVD realses Doug's firts movie being one of the first. I liked both the old and new Doug and I really like the movie I was thining about transferring it on DVD sometime soon since I honestley dont see a future relase for Doug. In fact where is Doug now??? :? I mean I want to know what happenes with him and Patti.
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Doug no longer airs on any channel -- not even nicktoons. Also Doug is actually older then Pete & Pete, Clarrisa, etc by a year or two.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

jamminjake245 wrote:Doug no longer airs on any channel -- not even nicktoons. Also Doug is actually older then Pete & Pete, Clarrisa, etc by a year or two.
Yeah, but that show was on there, up until a couple weeks ago. Then, they shuffled their schedule around a little, so they'll probably put it back on eventually.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

jamminjake245 wrote:Doug no longer airs on any channel -- not even nicktoons. Also Doug is actually older then Pete & Pete, Clarrisa, etc by a year or two.
Wow, I remember Clarrisa. Hmm...I used to always watch that show and many more on Nickelodeon. Too bad they got rid of them. :(
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I haven't seen the Nick versions so I don't really care if it came on DVD. I use to like the Disney one, but it's somewhat boring now. The movie wasn't so bad though.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Semi-off topic but a little on-topic: Why did Doug move from Nick to Disney?

Haven't seen Doug's First Movie, but I did read what it was about (something about the neematoad). Didn't sound too interesting to me.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

I remember I actually saw this movie in theatres. :)
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

I never did, but I remember the commercials.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Doug's 1st Movie - 7/20

Post by jrboy »

Available to own 7/20/12

Doug and his best friend Skeeter have discovered a monster living in Lucky Duck Lake. And all Doug can think about is showing it off to his secret crush Patti and taking her to the school Dance. But what should he do when it mysteriously disappears on the night of the dance? Should he save the town or be with Patti? First time on DVD, DOUG'S 1ST MOVIE is a funny and heartwarming story that proves doing the right thing isn't always easy.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

No good ones in July...?
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

I think this is good news, even that Doug is not one of my favorites I must say.
This is one of the few titles that has never got any DVD release through the years.
Good work Disney.
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Doug's First Movie

Post by Mouseketodd »

It's nice to see another release from Disney of a non-current genre.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Only the tip of the iceberg! There is a lot more to go, but this is the right direction. Now if only we could get some of those last big "Walt-era" titles to go with! Stay tuned and keep sending Disney e-mail of what you want to see! Make sure you let them know Open Vault Disney sent you!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney