Pixar's romantic couples

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Pixar's romantic couples

Post by Disneyphile »

Which do you think are the best of Pixar's romantic couples?

Woody and Bo Peep
Flik and Atta
Buzz Lightyear and Jessie
Mike Wazowski and Celia
Marlin and Coral
Bob and Helen Parr
Lightning McQueen and Sally Carrera
Linguini and Colette
Wall*E and Eve
Carl and Ellie Fredricksen
Ken and Barbie
Mater and Holley Shiftwell
Fergus and Elinor
Other
None
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Bob and Helen is my favorite, personally. But I like Mike and Celia, in a cute, funny way. I can't really say if I like Marlin/Coral or Carl/Ellie, because we never get to know or see much of the wife.

I haven't seen Brave, but I think Fergus/Elinor look nice together. I don't really care for the other couples, although the Toy Story ones are okay (except Buzz/Jessie). I try not to, but I find Wall E/EVE very cold. Yeah yeah, I know the toys in TS are man-made, too (in before the lectures), but I can't seem to get past the robot barrier in WALL E to believe the romance because they seem less like personified characters and more like legitimate robots.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Never really cared for romantic elements in Pixar movies, partly because they portray females rather poorly.

Agreed with Divinity that Bob and Helen is their best one. Also like Woody-Bo Peep for all the little screentime that they had.

In particular, I don't like WALLE-EVE and some of the implications associated with their relationship. Some of them such as Mike-Celia and Ken-Barbie are also horrifically done.
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

All of Pixar's romances are sweetly done. They're cute and funny, but it feels more like puppy love. The relationships aren't very fleshed out, but they are decent enough. However, I do like Bob and Helen's relationship because it does feel natural and very much like a real couple, same can be said for Carl and Ellie. But my favorite is Wall-E and Eve, in my opinion the best Pixar romance and one of favs as well. It's cute, charming, adorable, funny, and filled with romance. It really tugs at the heart strings. The space flying is just fantastic. It never felt cold and I felt beyond their metallic shells into their hearts and souls. And the end always has me choked up.