Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

that bone-cheek is slightly scary though..
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Is this fan-made or a legit production photo?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

The photo looks cool, but it's really too vague of an angle to tell what the costume actually looks like. I hope they stick with the dracula collar and bat wings around her neck! Can't wait for more photos!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DancingCrab wrote:Is this fan-made or a legit production photo?
no, it's legit. Dinsey uploaded it on Facebook (Collider did too)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so glad Jolie got this role! I'm sure she'll be amazing in the role. The material they come up with may not work as well, but at least they've had strong casting so far.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Interesting. The only thing she needs is to have her skin painted greenish or something. THEN she'll be the spitting image of the Mistress of Evil herself. :P
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

... I can only put my hands in the palm of my hands and sob quietly in a dark corner.

Why Angelina Jolie? She's my least favorite actress, playing my all-time favorite character of all-time... :(

There are several other actresses that could be great for the role of Maleficent. They could have gotten someone better... :(
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

*chuckles weirdly* Boobies.

Wait what? Sorry. Um, yeah, Jolie looks real good as Maleficent. I looked at her and she looks real good.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

She looks good!

disneyprincess11 Stopping quoting images!

Also i'm surprised they are filming outside! I thought it was going to be like Alice in Wonderland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... icent.html
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Lnds500 wrote:no, it's legit. Dinsey uploaded it on Facebook (Collider did too)
Ok, thanks. It seems SUPER early for an official photo for a movie coming out in 2014, hence my skepticism. And she looks better than I thought they'd make her look, so I though it might be some fancy photoshop. :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

totallyminnie86 wrote:And I think the Aussie kid they got does look pretty Prince Phillip-y, lol...
What? Where? I don't remember seeing anything official about Prince Phillip yet!
Lnds500 wrote:that bone-cheek is slightly scary though..
Yea, but I think they'll end up making both the cheek and the horns better in the finished film. Her horn headress definately doesn't look like the kind it was in the film or like it could have existed in the 14th century, did they even have black leather back then, if they did, they never wore it on their heads in any way like that, so I think they'll fix it. Thanks for posting the amazing picture though! Now I have a visual to show my aunt who has adored Maleficent ever since she saw the film when it first came out! I think she saw it then, 1959 sounds like she could have.
lord-of-sith wrote:The photo looks cool, but it's really too vague of an angle to tell what the costume actually looks like. I hope they stick with the dracula collar and bat wings around her neck! Can't wait for more photos!
Yea, she needs those, and a horn headress that actually looks like from the 14th century, and fairies not pixies, and the correct names of Flora Fauna and Merryweather, and Stephen being King Stephen, et cetera. ;)
DisneyJedi wrote:Interesting. The only thing she needs is to have her skin painted greenish or something. THEN she'll be the spitting image of the Mistress of Evil herself. :P
In the actual film, her skin has always seemed to be some kinda whitish grayish color that is only slightly bluish green. I think it's best way since it's more deathly and subtle.
Kraken Guard wrote:... I can only put my hands in the palm of my hands and sob quietly in a dark corner.

Why Angelina Jolie? She's my least favorite actress, playing my all-time favorite character of all-time... :(

There are several other actresses that could be great for the role of Maleficent. They could have gotten someone better... :(
Don't give up hope. Maybe she'll be really good. I don't know why you think she's so bad, but we'll see. :)
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I love that photo!:D Angelina is the perfect Maleficent. I have hopes for this movie, although I'd wish they would have kept the original characters/names. (Even though I am complaining now, I will most certainly see it at the cinema and buy it on Blu-ray no matter how it turns out to be^^)

Disney's Facebook pages for Sleeping Beauty, princess Aurora and Maleficent. The movie Maleficent (2014) have yet to get it's own page though:
https://www.facebook.com/DisneySleepingBeauty
https://www.facebook.com/SleepingBeautyPrincessAurora
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMaleficent

"Check out this first look image of Angelina Jolie as "Maleficent". Scheduled for release in 2014 "Maleficent" is the untold story of Disney’s most beloved villain, from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty.” The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
Disney did publish the photo of Angelina Jolie on many of their pages, including Disney France, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Spain and Walt Disney Nederland...

"Experience the untold story of Maleficent—in theaters 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/Disney

"Prepare to experience the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain. Maleficent arrives in theaters March 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovies

"Feast your eyes on the first image of Angelina Jolie as that mistress of all evil... Maleficent! Learn what hardened her heart and led her to curse Princess Aurora in theaters March 14, 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovieRewards
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... icent.html

Some set photos of Jolie (and some bulls) have surfaced! I assume the scene in question takes place early in the film, and she dons the trademark Maleficent garb later on. The look Jolie is sporting here is initially off-putting, but upon further review, I think it works. If Elphaba in Wicked can start off looking like a nerd, I'm okay with Maleficent starting off like this.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow. So much already! I don't know if that's really the finished early-in-her-life costume or if this is a test, even with the cameras.

And who knows, maybe she'll turn pale whitish bluish green later on as she gets more evil power.

But I actually hope they don't keep updating us so much. The surprises and "magic" are going to be ruined and I'll be so sick of it by the end.

And what, they're rumored to already be filming and there's still no confirmed Prince Phillip yet? Yea I think it's just a test, but we need Phillip! Or...there won't be a Phillip? : (
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Disney Duster wrote: And what, they're rumored to already be filming and there's still no confirmed Prince Phillip yet? Yea I think it's just a test, but we need Phillip! Or...there won't be a Phillip? : (
Australian actor Brenton Thwaites was cast as Prince Phillip!

http://www.hypable.com/2012/05/31/disne ... ina-jolie/
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Disney Duster wrote:But I actually hope they don't keep updating us so much.(
Not a chance with Jolie starring. She is a tabloid media magnet and they will be there trying to get every scoop imaginable on set, and revealing/spoiling her costumes. I wouldn't be surprised if THAT is why Disney released a publicity shot so early, so they would beat them to it.

One thing that I find interesting, is that the film looks to have taken the side of the debate for those claiming Mal has REAL horns under that devil cowl.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Angelina Jolie: 'Maleficent' Set in England!

Angelina Jolie gets into character on the set of her latest movie, Maleficent, on Wednesday (June 20) in England.

The 37-year-old actress wore the title character’s famous horns and bloody red lipstick – just like in the film’s official first look.

The day before, Angelina enjoyed some downtime with her kids, stopping by the Early Learning Centre in Camberley.

“She was unbelievably nice as were the children and bodyguards,” an employee told E! Online. “The bodyguards said no to photos as it was [Angelina's] day off and she had the kids with her, but she was beyond lovely and polite,”

“They kids were carrying thin, large children’s books,” a witness added. “[Angelina] had a couple of thicker hardbacks in her hand. Nothing crazy! They weren’t [spoiled] with books; they had one each, which was nice to see.”

Image Image Image Image Image

http://www.justjared.com/2012/06/20/ang ... et-england
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I know it's gonna change, but I can't say I like this outfit. It looks too much like a costume, I expected it to be more "seamless". The horns could have been more natural-looking as well. They look like an add-on you have glued on somebody. The originals looked like they were an extension of here skull or something.

NeverLand wrote: “They kids were carrying thin, large children’s books,” a witness added. “[Angelina] had a couple of thicker hardbacks in her hand. Nothing crazy! They weren’t [spoiled] with books; they had one each, which was nice to see.”
Since when is anyone "spoiled with books"? They're books! Some people are stupid. :roll:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

lord-of-sith wrote:Australian actor Brenton Thwaites was cast as Prince Phillip!
Oh man he's cute, and he looks like Phillip! That good! But he's 23...and will be macking on 13 or 14 year old Elle Fanning. That's creepy!
DancingCrab wrote:Not a chance with Jolie starring. She is a tabloid media magnet and they will be there trying to get every scoop imaginable on set, and revealing/spoiling her costumes. I wouldn't be surprised if THAT is why Disney released a publicity shot so early, so they would beat them to it.

One thing that I find interesting, is that the film looks to have taken the side of the debate for those claiming Mal has REAL horns under that devil cowl.
Yea. Yea they'll spoil it all. Her horns look more like a headdress to me though. I don't know why you think it looks like she has real horns.
Lnds500 wrote:I know it's gonna change, but I can't say I like this outfit. It looks too much like a costume, I expected it to be more "seamless". The horns could have been more natural-looking as well. They look like an add-on you have glued on somebody. The originals looked like they were an extension of here skull or something.
It is debatable if in the movie she has real horns or is wearing a headdress. Since the black that makes the horns extends around her neck and is totally different from her skin color, and have the pointy thing in the middle of her forhead like Snow White's Evil Queen who had the same kind of headdress...it's probably a headdress in the Disney film and now also this film.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I am pretty impressed with this to be honest; I can't think of anyone better than Angelina to play her.

Though I do have one question; how come it's coming out in 2014 ? Isnt that a vast way off to begin production so far in advance ?