Disney's "The Snow Queen" in 2013?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

jazzflower92 wrote:I am thinking that Anna and Karloff
It's Kristoff, not Karloff! :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Sotiris wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:I am thinking that Anna and Karloff
It's Kristoff, not Karloff! :wink:
Kristoff is the name so I will remember that now.That reminds me where the orginal setting of the Snow Queen was orginally in.I know the author was from Dennmark.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Honestly, whoever's voicing Yzma now just doesn't do her justice. Anyways, does anyone remember the whole Ice Bitch thing? :D
Well thankfully Eartha Kitt voiced Yzma in The Emperors New Groove, Kronks New Groove and the animated series The Emperor's New School! So atleast there wasn't different actresses voicing her in the movies!!

I hated who ever voiced her for the sorcerers of the magic kingdom!

Yer, I kinda remember the whole Ice Bitch Thing ;D I'll have to look back to remember it again!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Honor Hunter wrote:Word is that the script for Frozen is very good, and it was one of the reasons it was moved ahead of "King of the Elves" in the production line before Elves got put in turnaround.
Source: http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2012/ ... awing.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Sotiris wrote:
Honor Hunter wrote:Word is that the script for Frozen is very good, and it was one of the reasons it was moved ahead of "King of the Elves" in the production line before Elves got put in turnaround.
So,we can have faith this movie will be good. :D

In that case I want to know more and more about it because if they have finally gotten a story that will be good to adapt then thats fine with me.So,my friends we will next get to see a Disney movie based on the Snow Queen.And now all Disney needs to fear are the purists who will probably thow tomatoes at them for ruining a classic fairy tale. :P
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Though come to think of it, they didn't exactly tell the story of The Jungle Book. They were going to but then they realized that there wasn't any fun in it. So they pretty much completely tossed out all but the names of the characters for the movie. And that turned out being pretty good.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Tristy wrote:Though come to think of it, they didn't exactly tell the story of The Jungle Book. They were going to but then they realized that there wasn't any fun in it. So they pretty much completely tossed out all but the names of the characters for the movie. And that turned out being pretty good.
I don't think they have drastrically changed a fairty tale this much of this magnitude.However,if its a good script then all can be forgiven. :D
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

AND, since they've changed the title to Frozen, they really have exempted themselves from having to justify any and all changes, as they are not trying to pass it off AS The Snow Queen, but rather something inspired by it. If this movie was called The Snow Queen and bore little to no resemblance to the fairy tale, then I would be a little ticked, but now it doesn't matter.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

DancingCrab wrote:AND, since they've changed the title to Frozen, they really have exempted themselves from having to justify any and all changes, as they are not trying to pass it off AS The Snow Queen, but rather something inspired by it. If this movie was called The Snow Queen and bore little to no resemblance to the fairy tale, then I would be a little ticked, but now it doesn't matter.
Speaking of changes when Frozen comes out to bluray/dvd do you think they will have bonus features explaining different versions and scripts of the movie.Heck,I want to see some of the older versions of this story and what could have been.

I also have a theory that movies that have been through development hell will always get a name change at Disney like Tangled,Wreck It Ralph and now Frozen.I mean if you remember Wreck It Ralph used to be Reboot Ralph and Joe Jump.With Tangled it has been a Shrek parody ala Rapunzel Unbraided and a serious fairty tale which was Glen Keane's version when it was just called Rapunzel.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

jazzflower92 wrote: Speaking of changes when Frozen comes out to bluray/dvd do you think they will have bonus features explaining different versions and scripts of the movie.Heck,I want to see some of the older versions of this story and what could have been.
Sadly, I doubt that. We never saw anything about the previous versions of Rapunzel. They pretty much want to act like all of those never happened! :lol:
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Poody wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote: Speaking of changes when Frozen comes out to bluray/dvd do you think they will have bonus features explaining different versions and scripts of the movie.Heck,I want to see some of the older versions of this story and what could have been.
Sadly, I doubt that. We never saw anything about the previous versions of Rapunzel. They pretty much want to act like all of those never happened! :lol:
A girl can dream. :lol:

It just seems they don't put enough good bonus features on their home releases.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

I think maybe 10 to 20 years from now, depending on whatever format we're watching movies on, they will have more retrospective features about the behind the scenes stuff, but for now they are trying to establish the films that were released, and not that earlier concepts that never came to be.

I feel bad for the artists at Disney right now. You can tell there is a clash of traditionalism and trying to "fit in with the hip times" going on between the filmmakers and the powers that be. It's like watching a tug o' war game, and by the time things get to the "geniuses" in marketing, everyone is screwed over.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I do think the marketing of Frozen will give a false repersentation of the actual film. (Like Tangled's marketing)

I think some people are reading too much into the synopsis given. Let's just wait until this time next year. Then will know what we can expect animation and story wise :)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I do think the marketing of Frozen will give a false repersentation of the actual film. (Like Tangled's marketing)

I think some people are reading too much into the synopsis given. Let's just wait until this time next year. Then will know what we can expect animation and story wise :)
Knowing their markteting team the trailers will be filled with all the slapstick comedy they can put in there.I don't know about you but I think its probably kinda of Dreamwork's fault the way animated movies are marketed today because they always seems to focus on comedy while forsaking the more serious stuff.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Yes I do agree with you to a degree. But I do feel the Disney and Pixar only use Slapstick in their (recent) Female Leading Films to attract a wider male audience. Like with DreamWorks haven't every single one of their successful animated films had a male lead?

Also I do belief Disney moves like Wreck It Ralph and Cars didn't need to use slapstick as much in their trailers due to their male leads. Which will automatically attracted a male audience.

Like with Tangled, Brave and now Frozen, It obvious that the titles have changed to remove the focus of a female lead. But i don't mind, they can market their trailers with as much comedic elements as they want as long as they are not actually in the movie (e.g Rapunzel's hair attacking Flynn and crushing him from her tower!)

So my argument is Disney think's comedic trailers will add more males to it's audience. (which is absolutely ridiculous!)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

You know, just because that way of advertising "helped" Tangled doesn't mean it's Disney's answer for everything. I'm sure I said that before, but I don't care by now.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sotiris wrote:
Dang, I'm getting more excited now! 2013, why you so far away :(

And guys, I just realized something. Just b/c Mr and Mrs. Lopez are doing the lyrics doesn't mean that Alan Menkin is doing the music. He could be doing the music/score. :)

BTW guys. The AnimationMagazine.net article did say:
Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.
Are you guys thinking that they're going to following older versions of the movie and do something like:

And have you guys notice that the first 4 images are just like the new plot for the movie-Anna and Kristoff exploring the mountains???? :o So, the plot could be actually an older version of the movie.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I don't think these exact images have been posted. So....

Concept Art from the films LONG development!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thanks to DisneyFrozen
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I don't think these exact images have been posted. So....

Concept Art from the films LONG development!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thanks to DisneyFrozen
im hoping for the first or the last one. the rest are boring.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

I wonder if they are still going to make a pure evil villianess or misunderstood person who has turned to the dark side.All I know is I hope she will be alluring in looks and personality.

I wonder if they go down the misunderstood villianess path I hope that she will be simliar to Demona from Gargoyles in potrayal.For anyone who doesn't remember or know about Garygoyles here is the wikipedia page for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyles_(TV_series)

I think Disney would do good making an antiVillian because they tend to rarely make them.