Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: Yea, which is why I hope it turns out like that one too.
...financially and critically successful?
He wasn't having a dig at Tangled, I believe.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Seriously who cares about what song is in the trailer? It's doesn't matter if it's Pink or Flo Rida it won't actually be in the final film!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

qindarka wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:^But your forgeting what Toy Story 2 said: eventually toys die too. Maybe not as quick as was implied, but rarely will the TS characters really, really last in their world.

the only thing that doesnt make sense to me is how was woody taking it so hard when, considering he's a family toy, he's gone through the growing up process before?
I think Toy Story 2 implies that toys will 'die' when their owner grows up but Toy Story 3 seems to subvert that with its ending.
But that's just it, it doesnt clearly imply a specific time a toy dies; only that they do.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Wreck-It Ralph Image Speaks Volumes about His Relationship with Vanellope
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/09/ ... vanellope/

Annecy 2012
http://www.olivier-ladeuix.com/blog/201 ... necy-2012/
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I've been meaning to talk about this trailer... I loved it! As a gamer, I love how the movie so far seems to genuinely care for the spirit and legacy of video games. Sure I expect some things to be kind of "off" (like Zangief being a bad guy when he is really more of a big, egotistical bully), but the fact that the creative team went as far as to acquire the rights to popular characters convinces me that they fully believe on the project and it is receiving a lot of love at the studio.

The other thing I loved about the trailer is that it makes the movie look to be very character and story driven and not just joke and reference drive. In other words, with a concept about video game characters you would expect something that is extremely self aware and very "hip" like many DreamWorks movies. But it seems to be about the real concerns Ralph has about him being perceived as a villain in a world that doesn't like him but still needs him. Nothing about it seemed to scream 'YEAH BOY CHECK US OUT WE ARE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS WE ARE AWESOME AND VERY COOL YO!".

The ONLY concern I have about the movie is the Sugar Rush character voiced by Sarah Silverman. The trailer made her out to be the extremely annoying companion character. I hope that her act isn't overused to the point where she is grating rather than enjoyable. But we only saw a few seconds of her and Jane Lynch's character, so they may be different in the final film.

I also think that Ralph may become one of my favorite Disney heroes. There are not a lot of "big guys with a heart of gold" characters on the Disney lineup, and usually the heroes they pick tend to be really handsome or a prince-type, or at times they are children. Ralph is looking to be quite unique in that he is going to be the big guy and the every-man Disney character (though I may be wrong, feel free to correct me).

Overall the trailer looked great, here's hoping the final version of the fulm fully delivers on its promise.
ImageImageImageImage

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'll wait until it's released before I judge anything, or else I would be disappointed. The trailer doesn't really excite me. I believe the best part was the villain therapy session, just for the cameos.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

At first I wasn't interesting on this movie. After seeing the trailer I'm probably going to see it but I'm not really that excited though. Hopefully when the release date is getting closer my mind get changes. This happend to me with "Brave" at 1st I wasnt interested about the movie but when it got closer to release date I got excited now I can't wait to see the movie.

By seeing the trailer it dosent feel like a Disney movie. But never judge by the trailer. That Flo Rida song just brought me back with the Tangled trailer with Pink song. I don't like it but Disney knows what there doing to bring people to see their movies by putting common songs. Were not in the 90s, 70s, 80s, etc. anymore when their trailers were actually great. Well at least in Japan there getting great trailers because their marketing department KNOWS what there doing.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh the toys do die? Toy Story 2 said that? Okay, then I guess the ending of Toy Story 3 just implies they can have a very, very prolonged, and possibly tortured life. They're still going to outlive their owners.
qindarka wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote: ...financially and critically successful?
He wasn't having a dig at Tangled, I believe.
Right.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Disney Duster wrote:Okay, then I guess the ending of Toy Story 3 just implies they can have a very, very prolonged, and possibly tortured life. They're still going to outlive their owners.
Prolonged and tortured? :lol: I'm sorry but there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that suggests that Woody, Buzz and the rest of the toys are going to lead anything remotely resembling a "tortured life", that is you coming to some kind of weird conclusion that is not based on anything that actually happens at the end of the film. All through the series, the toys' say that unless they are being loved and played with by a child then there is no point to their lives and at the end of Toy Story 3, they are given to a new owner who offers them those things so what on earth is tortured about that? It is not implied at all and up to now, you are the only person I've spoken with who's ever come to such a conclusion, one that vastly differs with what actually happens on-screen, which is what the film should be judged on.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I believe the best part was the villain therapy session, just for the cameos.
I loved the trailer and that was probably my favourite part too. I wonder whether some of those characters might play a bigger part in the film beyond that scene and being in the background in others.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I have to admit that I never expected Duster to like any trailer for Wreck-It Ralph. Regardless of whether it's Disney or "un-Disney"/not made by Disney, regardless of whether it has pop songs in the trailer or not, I think that this would never never be the kind of film he'd want to watch. Equally, I don't wish to get involved in yet another "Disney essence" or Pixar vs Disney debate. However, I think we all know that neither pop song in the trailer will likely appear in the movie. And it's not as if Disney has never used pop songs either in their films or their trailers before (although, I wouldn't want a Flo-Rida song in a Disney movie, simply as I'm not a fan of his music ;)).

As for my feelings on the Wreck-It Ralph trailer: I will definitely go and see it (I'm sure my video-game loving brother will gladly come with me, plus Paperman is supposedly on the same programme), but my expectations are arguably not as high as I'd perhaps want them to be. It looks like it could have been far worse, but equally far better. In any case, it didn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth like the Tangled trailers did (mainly as it doesn't seem like there's much false advertising going on here). I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
Last edited by Wonderlicious on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Okay, then I guess the ending of Toy Story 3 just implies they can have a very, very prolonged, and possibly tortured life. They're still going to outlive their owners.
Prolonged and tortured? :lol: I'm sorry but there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that suggests that Woody, Buzz and the rest of the toys are going to lead anything remotely resembling a "tortured life", that is you coming to some kind of weird conclusion that is not based on anything that actually happens at the end of the film. All through the series, the toys' say that unless they are being loved and played with by a child then there is no point to their lives and at the end of Toy Story 3, they are given to a new owner who offers them those things so what on earth is tortured about that? It is not implied at all and up to now, you are the only person I've spoken with who's ever come to such a conclusion, one that vastly differs with what actually happens on-screen, which is what the film should be judged on.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I believe the best part was the villain therapy session, just for the cameos.
I loved the trailer and that was probably my favourite part too. I wonder whether some of those characters might play a bigger part in the film beyond that scene and being in the background in others.
I have to add to this that in reality, toys very rarely outlive people. they often get put away in some attic *together with their loved ones* or they get trashed compacted tragically. And usually, they dont last more than a few decades.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Does TRON Appear in Disney's WRECK IT RALPH?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv_aen9eR0
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I could see Tron or Discs of Tron showing up in the arcade, but I'm not sure he needs to record a line to create a cameo necessarily. It would make sense for the game to show up in some fashion.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Is it JUST me or does Vanellope look a little bit like...
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Is it JUST me or does Vanellope look a little bit like...
your image isn't showing up...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Is it JUST me or does Vanellope look a little bit like...
I think she looks more like:

Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

singerguy04 wrote:
your image isn't showing up...
Direct link: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 00-825.jpg

And I agree with Sotiris. ;)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

enigmawing wrote:And I agree with Sotiris. ;)
Yay! :D
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I think all four main characters in the film bear a stronge resemblance to their voice actors; I always thought Wreck-It Ralph looked very much like John C. Reilly and Vanellope does have some obvious similarities with Sarah Silverman. From the brief glimpse we get of her in the trailer, I think Jane Lynch's character also closely resembles Lynch herself.
Last edited by DisneyAnimation88 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I too agree with Sotiris! Though Vanellope also looks like Agnes, the little girl from Despicable Me...

ImageImageImageImage