Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Finally decided to splurge and pick up Maleficent today. I'm normally an NRFB kind of guy, but I'm going to break that rule soon and put it on top of my TV, since it just looks too good to be stuck in its box forever.

I'll have to go back and get some more later from Batnes & Noble. Not sure which one to go with, though.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Just wanted to report that I saw some of series 1 at a Blockbuster Video for $9.99 each. Not as cheap as Barnes & Noble, but thought it might help a fellow fan locate something that might be hard to find in their area.

Then again, it's kinda hard to find a Blockbuster that's still open. :p The one we hit last night was in pretty bad shape. The clerk informed another customer that if they wanted to find a particular movie, that it was for sale at one of their closing locations, and then informed us that their card machine hadn't been working for months.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Interesting find, there's a lone surviving blockbuster in my town and as far as I know it's the only one West of Chicago. I'll go scope it out tonight. It probably doesn't have anything more than what B&N has, but it's fun to look anyway.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Barnes & Noble is having a 25% off sale on these right now. You should totally hit that up if you want them.

I got Snow White myself, and I might go back for either Woody, Buzz or Stitch later this week.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

So Mike a Sully from Monsters, Inc. have been retired in the U.S. for a while now and you can't really find them except on ebay for $80 or more, but a store in Australia that ships to the US for pretty cheap is getting them in mass in June. They have just gone up for pre-order, and if you're interested I'd definately go for them. In fact, I just did.

here are the links.

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/mosters-mi ... -9319.html

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/monsters-s ... -9318.html

Granted, I know that it's risky shipping from outside of your country, but I already ordered a different Pop figure from them (Loki for Thor, who is also hard to find) and I can confirm that they ship very well and that the site and store are legit. To top that they are affordable.

The figures are priced at $13.63 AUD each. The shipping they use to the US was about $9 AUD. I only ended up paying a little less that $38 USD all together. If any of you are considering collecting all of the Disney figures like I am, you should definitely go for this offer! :)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Avaitor wrote:Barnes & Noble is having a 25% off sale on these right now. You should totally hit that up if you want them.
I really wish you'd posted this earlier on Friday. :lol: I was there that day, and I totally would've got Belle and Beast if I'd known this. My luck is zip.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Here are pics of half of the actual figures for Disney series 4! The other half will be revealed next week.

http://www.funkofunatic.com/forums/view ... 62&t=30369

Bought the Avengers POP! The other day. Pretty awesome set. Now I really need a Loki!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SpaceAce wrote:Here are pics of half of the actual figures for Disney series 4! The other half will be revealed next week.

http://www.funkofunatic.com/forums/view ... 62&t=30369

Bought the Avengers POP! The other day. Pretty awesome set. Now I really need a Loki!
I got Loki from that popcultcha site from AU before they caught on about their faulty US shipping charges. It only cost me $20. I wish I would've ordered more than 1 now so I could sell it for more than double that cost like most people are now.

I love the new Series 4 though!!!! My favorites are Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog. I can't wait to see the rest of the set! :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

My Barnes & Noble is officially out of the Disney sets for the time being.

But my local comic book shop does have a couple of Jack and Sallys hanging around, so I picked up a Jack. For a little more than I wanted to ($11), but I'm not complaining. I'll get a Sally to go along with him soon.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Am I the only one who thinks Tigger turned out creepy?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I discovered these last summer at a Disney store in Chicago, where I, of course, picked up the Maleficent figure. A few weeks ago I picked up the Ursula one, and I'm still contemplating on whether to get Cruella or not. The Queen and Chernabog in particular look appealing.

I would predict that the next wave will include Aladdin and Jafar. It would make sense seeing as how they seem to choose characters in pairs, and they seem to like choosing villains. That's why I'd predict Jafar over the Genie, but any combination of Aladdin/Jafar/Genie can be expected.
Disney's Divinity

lord-of-sith wrote:I would predict that the next wave will include Aladdin and Jafar. It would make sense seeing as how they seem to choose characters in pairs, and they seem to like choosing villains. That's why I'd predict Jafar over the Genie, but any combination of Aladdin/Jafar/Genie can be expected.
Yeah, I was thinking that Aladdin and Jafar would be soon--I'm looking forward to it!

Also, the Queen of Hearts and Alice should be amazing, once they get to those two. I had to wonder what Hades might look like if they ever do him. Or Yzma. :lol: Would like to see Tiana and King Triton, too.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I would assume that characters from Aladdin would have to be coming sooner than later as well. There's a lot of demand for that film in particular. I would think that it would be Jasmine and Jafar if anything. They've been making a princess per series so far, and I think Jasmine would actually translate pretty neatly.

If you look at the past series they've mostly released 2 characters from corresponding films in each series of 12. If they don't correspond, then they easily stand alone, or match up with a character(s) from a previous series via film and/or franchise.

Here's what I'm talking about...

Series 1
Buzz Lightyear ~ Woody
Sulley ~ Mike Wazowski
Pinocchio ~ Jiminy Cricket
Snow White (Princesses)
Maleficent (Villains)
Tinkerbell
Cruella de Vil (Stands alone easily/ Villains)
Stitch (Stands alone easily)
Mickey Mouse (Fab 5)

Series 2
Lotso Huggin' Bear ~ Jessie
Jack Skellington ~ Sally
Mr. Incredible ~ Syndrome
Boo ~ George Sanersen
Belle ~ The Beast
Minnie Mouse ~ Steamboat Willie (Fab 5)

Series 3
Peter Pan ~ Captain Hook (These go with Tink in S1)
Ariel ~ Ursula
Elastigirl ~ Edna E. Mode
Alien ~ Emperor Zurg
Cheshire Cat ~ Mad Hatter
Donald Duck (Goes back to other Fab 5 characters)
Winnie the Pooh

Series 4
Sorcerer Mickey ~ Chernabog
The Evil Queen ~ Grumpy (These go with Snow White in S1)
Mayor ~ Oogie Boogie
Eve ~ Wall-e
Goofy (Goes with Fab 5)
Tigger (Goes with Pooh)
Jack Sparrow (Pirates)
Cinderella (Princesses)

I think some pretty solid predictions would include the criteria of a princess, another POTC character (because I doubt they would create just one and not include others with such a popular franchise), at least 1 new Fab 5 character, at least 1 pair of Pixar, 2-3 villains, and then some new from other popular classics.

I for one would like something like this...

1 - Aurora
2 - Carl
3 - Russel
4 - Davy Jones
5 - Pluto
6 - Prince Charming
7 - Lady Tremaine
8 - Alice
9 - Queen of Hearts
10 - Simba
11 - Scar
12 - Dumbo
Disney's Divinity

Checked B&N again (while I was out on a spree), just to see if series 3 had been moved from Disney store to there yet. Bought Snow White and she‘s really cute. I wish I’d got Belle last time. I decided I’ll just buy the Disney Princesses (sans Aurora and Jasmine) and the Disney Villainesses, with maybe a few other characters here and there--depending on how many of these they end up making.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Here's finished pics of the entire Series 4!

They should be released this July!

I think this series is the best out of all of them as far as detail goes! I can't wait to pick them all up!!! :D
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Why is Goofy like that? Strangley I find Tigger to be creepier than him.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Dibs on Jack Sparrow! :D

Er, Captain Jack Sparrow. ;)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Oogie Boogie looks REALLY cool. I also really like how the Mayor has both faces on him.
Disney's Divinity

WALL E's coloring is kind of hideous.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:WALL E's coloring is kind of hideous.
Yeah, I kinda agree with that a bit. It's my impression that these still aren't completely final yet. The shape and mold is, but some coloring may change. I'm hoping that they do a bit more on Wall-E and Cinderella. I don't like how Cinderella's dress is just one color. It should have the lighter shades of blue on her sleeve and stuff.