Tiny Toon Adventures How I Spent My Vacation Coming to DVD!

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Tiny Toon Adventures How I Spent My Vacation Coming to DVD!

Post by PixarFan2006 »

It may not be a season set, but if it sells well enough, we may be looking at the rest of the season sets in the near future. I fondly remember this from my childhood. I posted the artwork below (I am more partial to the VHS artwork). I will get it if the price is right (though I am starting to feel a little silly buying all these old cartoons). I just hope nothing gets edited out.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon- ... tion/16960

Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Yep, I got that E-Mail too. This is officially freaking AWESOME!

Although, I gotta bitch in some capacity about the "What The FUCK Took So LONGGGG?!!!!" It's in my nature. No excuse under the sun for this bull.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

That's awesome! Three days ago, I looked at the film's Wikipedia page to see if a North American DVD release date had been added, which I check occasionally despite the page saying WB announced they didn't want to release the film on DVD but instead they wanted to release it on Blu-ray.

I grew up watching the TV show on Nickelodeon. My mom recorded the film and the Christmas special and I made sure they were used well. :lol: I have a Dizzy Devil plush I bought at a yard sale a year or two ago and he's in good shape except his still attached cardboard tag is bent all over.
PixarFan2006 wrote:I am starting to feel a little silly buying all these old cartoons
If they bring you good memories, there's nothing silly about buying them for yourself. I buy old cartoons for myself so you're not alone. :)
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

I grew up watching this on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Kids WB and I loved that show, that and Animaniacs. And I'm glad that there is a DVD release for How I Spent My Summer Vacation.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I'll definitely be getting this! Such a great special.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Awesome! The design of the packaging will go perfectly next to the other Tiny Toon sets!
oldtimer12347

Post by oldtimer12347 »

It's about time they gave this the dvd treatment. The cover art may not be spectacular, but the content will more than make up for it.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I hope this means that Wakko's Wish will see a release too? :)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tiny Toon Adventures How I Spent My Vacation Coming to D

Post by Disney Duster »

I too am very very excited for this awesome special, one of the best Nick cartoon things ever, though I probably will not buy it till someday far in the future when I have enough money for so many things I want.
PixarFan2006 wrote:(though I am starting to feel a little silly buying all these old cartoons).
Nostalgia is a dear and precious human treasure you shouldn't feel silly about...so get it as long as you have enough money for it after the important things you need to live your life today! And I know it's not just nostalgia, it's also sometimes because they still are very good!
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

enigmawing wrote:I hope this means that Wakko's Wish will see a release too? :)
I hope so too.
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

FINALLY! I mean I bought the tape about a year ago from Amazon and made my own DVD, but am happy Warner has finally come to their senses and is releasing it.
-Joey
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I literally squeed in excitement at reading this news! :D It's been long overdue for this to arrive on DVD. Hopefully the Tiny Toons Spring Break special will make its way to DVD sometime too.
-Tim
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

TheValentineBros wrote:I grew up watching this on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Kids WB and I loved that show, that and Animaniacs. And I'm glad that there is a DVD release for How I Spent My Summer Vacation.
Did you grew up offending other people in a rude manner, too?
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
TheValentineBros wrote:I grew up watching this on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Kids WB and I loved that show, that and Animaniacs. And I'm glad that there is a DVD release for How I Spent My Summer Vacation.
Did you grew up offending other people in a rude manner, too?
LOL! :lol:
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

TheValentineBros wrote:Scott Pilgrim FTW!
TGwtG.com FTW! (And not The Cinema Snob "or such," they're excluded.)

(What can I say? DF09 inspired me.)
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I just want you guys to know; the DVD has been delayed by one week, meaning it will come out on Aug 21st.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Lazario wrote:
TheValentineBros wrote:Scott Pilgrim FTW!
TGwtG.com FTW! (And not The Cinema Snob "or such," they're excluded.)

(What can I say? DF09 inspired me.)
Can we please keep this on topic? (Which I guess MickeyFan1990 already did for me)

Anyway its too bad this got delayed one week. Maybe a scene got cut.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

TheValentineBros wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote: Did you grew up offending other people in a rude manner, too?
LOL! :lol:
WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING??? YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO OFFEND RANDOM PEOPLE!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!!! NEXT TIME I'LL SEE YOU OFFEND SOMEONE, I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU!!!
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
TheValentineBros wrote:LOL! :lol:
WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING??? YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO OFFEND RANDOM PEOPLE!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE RULES!!! NEXT TIME I'LL SEE YOU OFFEND SOMEONE, I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU!!!
What, you can't handle a joke? I mean come on! It was a joke. No need to go apeshit over it, and plus, you're not the moderator, so chill, relax, and let's get back on topic like what PixarFan said.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the scene was cut.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

TheValentineBros wrote:What, you can't handle a joke? I mean come on! It was a joke. No need to go apeshit over it, and plus, you're not the moderator, so chill, relax, and let's get back on topic like what PixarFan said.
Fair enough, but it was still a nasty joke. If you'll look at the rules, it says that you shouldn't offend other users.