The Order of the Seven

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Personally, I'm glad this project has been stopped. With Mirror, Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman being released this year, not to mention TV shows like Once Upon A Time and Grimm, I think the general public will feel super tired of this story in particular.

If they want to put their money into a franchise that would be truly reliable, they should make National Treasure 3... just sayin
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea Snow White is being done a loooot this year...not really so much with Grimm though.

I actually am afraid people will get tired of fairy tales in general for a while, but then again, the whole reason there's so many fairy tale remakes now is because people are apparently really interested in them now.

I really didn't like the sound of this movie, and honestly, both Mirror Mirror and Snow and the Huntsman are the same idea of Snow White becoming a warrior with the guys who protect her and going back to fight the queen, and isn't that what this movie's about, too?

The only reason I don't want this movie to be dead is I'm worried they'll eventually do it in the future and I just want it to be done with. But maybe it's really dead for good now because there's already going to be two movies that deal with the same subject, and without the silly kung fu karate Asian twist nonsense that is really ridiculous when you think about it. Snow White runs away...to learn from martial arts guys! It sounds like a fake movie trailer you'd see on some show.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I was speaking in terms of fairy tales on TV when mentioning Grimm. The show doesn't specifically follow any fairy tale in particular, but it is connected if only by name.

I agree with all your points though Duster, I'd rather it never be made at all. The whole Asian twist was obnoxious, a better idea would be to just to do a live-action Mulan film if they are THAT interested in doing a film set there. Wasn't there one in pre-production?
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Phew! Thank God! Honestly another re-do of Snow White? Please!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

singerguy04 wrote:The whole Asian twist was obnoxious, a better idea would be to just to do a live-action Mulan film if they are THAT interested in doing a film set there. Wasn't there one in pre-production?
Yea there was. The search function is useless in looking it up again, though. : / Google may help you though.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Flower's Friend wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:Why are people acting as if this is news?

Also, a Chinese warrior film loosely inspired by the original fairytale is not a remake of Disney's animated classic.
Yes this is another version of the tale of Snow White that will be told in a different way. Disney's Snow White film from 1937 is one movie version base on the tale of Snow White and this new movie will be another movie version based on the tale of Snow White and it will be told in a very different way.
agreed. people fuss over remakes in general, regardless of studio. I'm taking this one with some salt.