DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm 

Today at Costco (where I was filling in some holes in my family's collection with the $8 off select Disney Blu-Ray special) I saw two different covers for the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack (in Blu-Ray case) of "A Bug's Life." One was the one that at least I have usually seen online, including on Amazon, with three bugs on the left smiling/waving at the camera and a big green leaf taking up the right side (see here: http://www.amazon.com/Bugs-Life-Two-Dis ... B003UMW63E) and the other with most of the cover green with four bugs poking through a hole in the leaf (see here: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Bugs-Lif ... 6936807288). The latter is the same cover photo as the BD+digital copy version, although it now says "Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack."

Looking closely at the backs, one lists a couple extras on the DVD while the other's description of the DVD only lists the movie. The movie-only one, however, lists BD-Live as a feature on the BD while the other does not. I now forget which was which. Does anyone know whether these are actually the exact same item but with different slipcases and covers, so that it doesn't matter which one I get? They do have the same UPC.

If they are different, I'm leaning toward the one with a couple extras on the DVD as my kids would watch those in the car in addition to the movie (and we don't have a car BD player!). OTOH, if that one doesn't come with BD Live, that makes it less attractive.

Anyone know? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
Platinum Edition

What country are you in? in North America, both BDs are the same when features are involved, except maybe BD-Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:55 pm 

Thanks. I am in the US. So I suppose they are the same and one just erroneously didn't list that it has a couple extras (which are repeated from the BD) on the DVD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well, I'm at least sure both BDs are the same, but I dont have the combo packs. I have the BD/Digital Copy