Disney characters as role models

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Which Disney character is a good role model?

Post by Disney Duster »

Mouseketodd wrote:I admire Cinderella for continuing to dream/wish for a better life some day.

She had a happy life until her stepmother and stepsisters came into her life. Her life was turned upside down to where she had to serve them and maintain the house. Through it all, she was long-suffering and patient.
You're right, Cinderella has these good role model qualities, but remember, enduring suffering and being patient are only good if you don't use them for too long, and if you use them only while you search for a way to make yourself happy. :)
TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
Anyway, why do you think he's a good role model for using his heart and not his brain, when you seem to care a lot about being intelligent and using your brain instead of using your heart in matters where the brain could come up with soul-crushing ideas?
Do I come off as only caring about intelligence? Yes, I think intelligence is good and I'm not the biggest fan of those who don't use the brains they obviously have, but I think heart is just as important. And, I'm not entirely sure what the bolded means...
It was from what you said in the Survival Instinct thread. By the way, maybe Pooh does do what he does on purpose. Maybe he could choose to be more considerate but he doesn't. I dunno. I've seen people who are really good people and friendly and caring...and yet they don't care enough at the same time, it's confusing if they really care about other people's emotions or if they just know they should be caring, and it seems rather jerkish, and I wonder if they can change or if they can't help it.