Treasure Planet Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Treasure Planet Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

Post by Barbossa »

Treasure Planet Blu-Ray set for a July 3, 2012 release!

Isn't it a bit much with all the other releases coming this summer?

No concrete confirmation yet, but just going by this thread:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 355#601355
And the original thread at Blu-Ray.com:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195730
Last edited by Barbossa on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Yeah, it does seem like a lot for the summer, and nothing between then and now! I'm hoping the three Ghibli films that are up for pre-order get a release date in May or earlier, that would be fantastic!

Overall we'll probably have more Blu-ray debuts this year, but it seems like we're off to a slow start so far in 2012. All we've gotten is Lady and the Tramp, meanwhile Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind had been released by this time last year and Tangled, The Incredibles, and the Cars re-release were coming within a month.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

MJW wrote:Yeah, it does seem like a lot for the summer, and nothing between then and now!
If we do get Treaure Planet and Home on the Range, that give us 6 DACs and 3 sequels until the end of the year, but most are being released in the summer.

To recap:
The Aristocats
The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under
(2-Movie set, like Fox and the Hound)
Pocahontas/Pocahontas II (2-Movie set)
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure

Fall 2012 Diamond Edition release:
Cinderella

Maybe:
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range

Too bad some of these aren't being released in the spring.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

We just got The Lion King 1 1/2 and The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride on blu. I know a lot of you don't count them, but that doesn't mean Disney doesn't.

Also, the Pocahontas 2-Movie Collection doesn't have an exact date yet. Perhaps, June will be it's time.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Ive never actually seen this movie. It didn't look very good to me at the time it released. I eventually bought it on ebay, but it turned out to be a bookleg so I never watched it. I wouldn't have cared if it was a good bootleg, but it had these interlacing issues that I couldn't tolerate.

I'll probably buy this. Not sure when considering all the other blu's I want, but I will.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Just think of Silver's arm in High Definition..SweeeeetMorf will look even brighter pink! I adore this movie, the visuals are simply stunning!
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Planet-A ... 879&sr=1-3

The Blu-ray is being labeled the "10th Anniversary Edition".
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

This is a Clemments & Musker title correct....I mean it can't be all that bad. Was it not being a musical somehow hurt it?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I really wish they would've whipped up some kind of new cover art for this and Home on the Range. It's not like it doesn't exist. They could've used a modification of the theatrical posters. (as if Disney EVER does that, lol)
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

singerguy04 wrote:We just got The Lion King 1 1/2 and The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride on blu. I know a lot of you don't count them, but that doesn't mean Disney doesn't.
Oops! You're right, and the sad thing is I bought both of them on release day and already forgot that they came out recently. :lol:
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Oh, come on! Now they're just getting REALLY lazy with cover arts! :(
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

DisneyJedi wrote:Oh, come on! Now they're just getting REALLY lazy with cover arts! :(
An yet, this time I don't mind as much.. I like the dvd-cover.. Now the Home on the range cover could use some serious work!
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

I agree that Disney are getting lazy with their cover art but I'm actually kinda glad in a way that they stuck with the original cover for Treasure Planet because it's fine as it is and Disney probably only would've ruined it by giving some gaudy floating heads and crowded it with as many characters as possible (that's if their latest cover art is anything to go by - The Lion King sequels Image)
cms382
Limited Issue

Post by cms382 »

YES!!!!!!! This made my day. Pre-ordered.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Is that real cover art or just temporary art? Seems strange to go with original used art for Disney...not complaining though. I do hope these all will be available with DVD packaging as well.
cms382
Limited Issue

Post by cms382 »

I think the cover art is fine, but the logo needs to be redone, looks pretty outdated.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Updated the first post with cover art and the release date.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Bonus Features

Visual Commentary - The producers and directors reveal the "Making Of" process with additional footage as you watch the film.

Deleted Scenes - Alternate Ending and Original Prologue

DisneyPedia: The Life of a Pirate Revealed

Music Video - "I'm Still Here" performed by John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls

And Much More!
Source: http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/treasure-planet.html

So, nothing new. Too bad they're not including the "Disney's Animation Magic" featurette from the DVD release.

I'm hoping that "much more" means all of the extras from the 'Behind-the-Scenes' section of the DVD release. These extras weren't listed on the packaging of the original DVD but were included on the disc nonetheless; hopefully it will be the same case for the Blu-ray.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Even if the Blu-ray doesn't have all the past bonus features, presumably the DVD included will be the same as the initial release. Granted, I'd PREFER them to be on the Blu-ray itself but Disney doesn't seem to care a whole lot about that lately.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Even if the Blu-ray doesn't have all the past bonus features, presumably the DVD included will be the same as the initial release. Granted, I'd PREFER them to be on the Blu-ray itself but Disney doesn't seem to care a whole lot about that lately.
If any extras that I care about from the DVD are not on the Blu-ray, I keep both. I'm building the ultimate Disney Animated Film Collection, and while some extras I'm ok letting go of, some are for me just as important as the film is.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney