"Once Upon a Halloween" DVD

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MJW
Special Edition

"Once Upon a Halloween" DVD

Post by MJW »

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Disney DVD titled "Once Upon a Halloween" that was supposedly released 9/26/05?

I am compiling a list of releases from DisneyToon Studios and Wikipedia shows this release in their list of output, however, I cannot find additional information about it anywhere. The symbol in the lower left corner is a rating code for another country, which leads me to believe that maybe this film was never released in North America?
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aw0HFrFwJyA" frameborder="0"></iframe>
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Thanks for sharing that video. I had actually stumbled across that before so we at least know that this production exists. I guess I am more wondering if this was actually released on DVD in North America and if it is considered part of the DisneyToon "canon?" I know it's more of a compilation video than an original production.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I have it, Region 4. I imported it from Australia.
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

MJW wrote:I guess I am more wondering if this was actually released on DVD in North America and if it is considered part of the DisneyToon "canon?" I know it's more of a compilation video than an original production.
It wasn't released in North America. It's a compilation with some rough CG environments to bridge between the segments. It's not considered part of DisneyToon Studios' output. Don't trust Wikipedia. Here's an old thread that you mind find useful.
Last edited by Sotiris on Mon May 14, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Re: "Once Upon a Halloween" DVD

Post by MattDean »

MJW wrote:Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Disney DVD titled "Once Upon a Halloween" that was supposedly released 9/26/05?

I am compiling a list of releases from DisneyToon Studios and Wikipedia shows this release in their list of output, however, I cannot find additional information about it anywhere. The symbol in the lower left corner is a rating code for another country, which leads me to believe that maybe this film was never released in North America?
If you're looking to buy it, you can get 'used' copies from £1.25(!) at Amazon UK.

Matt
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

So that explains why I didn't see it advertised in the US