The Aristocats Blu-ray (August 21, 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

enigmawing wrote:To be honest, I'm so sick of hearing the term "off-model" being thrown around. :lol: And I would personally prefer flats simply because they'd carry the feel of the films more.

Not that complaining does much of anything good. :p
Agreed, the only way to really keep any of these characters "on-model" would be to use a frame from the actual animation from the film. Then again, many characters don't even stay "on-model" in their films. Ariel, I'm looking at you!

Again, not that complaining does any good, but I wish Disney wouldn't over-complicate all of these covers. Some of my favorite Blu-ray covers have been Alice in Wonderland, Tangled(the 3D edition particularly), and Dumbo because they're pretty basic. Specifically, they are limited in character overflow. lol
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

singerguy04 wrote:Agreed, the only way to really keep any of these characters "on-model" would be to use a frame from the actual animation from the film.
Or if they could hire an artist that can draw them properly. :p You'd think they could just have one of their current animators make a nice sketch and go from there to make something simple and classy, but nooooo . . .
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I actually really like that cover art. Lets hope it's the same for all regions.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

enigmawing wrote:
singerguy04 wrote:Agreed, the only way to really keep any of these characters "on-model" would be to use a frame from the actual animation from the film.
Or if they could hire an artist that can draw them properly. :p You'd think they could just have one of their current animators make a nice sketch and go from there to make something simple and classy, but nooooo . . .
Which is why they should hire YOU, Enigmawing. :)
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

The Aristocats will be released on Blu-ray in the UK on June 25. This is the cover art provided by Play.com:

I'm thinking that we can expect to see this artwork on the US release as well.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Though not on model, it's surprisingly decent compared to the recent downward spiral of hideous sideway titled monstrosities...
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

PatrickvD wrote:Though not on model, it's surprisingly decent compared to the recent downward spiral of hideous sideway titled monstrosities...
I think they only do the sideways titles with their Diamond Editions.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

DisneyJedi wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:Though not on model, it's surprisingly decent compared to the recent downward spiral of hideous sideway titled monstrosities...
I think they only do the sideways titles with their Diamond Editions.
Regardless, they're particularly off model. And hideous.
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

I'm sorry, but they are still a f***ing animation studio, how the hell are they unable to draw their own characters right? It's disgraceful.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

BK wrote:I'm sorry, but they are still a f***ing animation studio, how the hell are they unable to draw their own characters right? It's disgraceful.
Haha, so true. :lol:
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Have you ever looked at at older Disney items from any decade? Be it story books from the 50's, lunch boxes from the 70's , games, or VHS boxes, the characters are very often off model. I think the art is often a product of it's time, sometimes a product of outside sources creating the products, but very often off model none the less. It's nothing new.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

The Aristocats is on Disney Jr tomorrow (Sunday)
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

BK wrote:I'm sorry, but they are still a f***ing animation studio, how the hell are they unable to draw their own characters right? It's disgraceful.
:lol: Well they couldn't even do it right scene to scene in their own movies... Beauty and the Beast and Tangled being the biggest offenders.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

And why Tangled?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I'm just glad that the true protagonist, English hipster cat, has been restored to his rightful place on the spine.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I'm just glad that the true protagonist, English hipster cat, has been restored to his rightful place on the spine.
Hear, hear!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Well, that's the thing - the artists at the animation studio aren't involved with these sorts of things. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

There are three mock covers for the Aristocats Blu-ray on the French Disney Movie Rewards site. You can choose your favorite and the one with the most votes will be used as the official French cover. You need to have an account to vote though.

Which one is your favorite? Mine's #2 despite the color error which I'm sure will get fixed if that cover gets chosen.
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I don't really like any of those...

I think the cover that's been revealed for the US/UK release is nicer IMO
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Sotiris wrote:There are three mock covers for the Aristocats Blu-ray on the French Disney Movie Rewards site. You can choose your favorite and the one with the most votes will be used as the official French cover. You need to have an account to vote though.

Which one is your favorite? Mine's #2 despite the color error (they forgot to paint-in O'Malley) which I'm sure will get fixed if that cover gets chosen.
I think the UK cover is nicer as well. I voted for the third one because I couldn't get why they omitted the Duchess and O'Malley in the first one. The second looks like a painting book (i know it's not final)

They also have 3 possible covers for 101 Dalmatians!!! :D