Episode 4: A New Hope for Gay UD Threads?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -decision/

Bristol Palin's reaction to Obama's announcement made me very happy that the Palin family aren't anywhere near the White House at present.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -decision/

Bristol Palin's reaction to Obama's announcement made me very happy that the Palin family aren't anywhere near the White House at present.
This Bristol Palin quote made me LOL:

Bristol Palin wrote:"Or that – as great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Ideally, fathers help shape their kids' worldview."
oh the irony...
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

As opposed to a Republican candidate, who will increase our debt tenfold just like Bush who brought us here in the first place? :lol:
Flanger-Hanger wrote: No, Mitt Romney, who's bad in a different way.
I can't keep the names with the faces because, in essence, they are all the same to me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Eh, I'm sure Romney will come out in favor of gay rights soon enough. After all, he's just gotten more and more progressive throughout his campaign.

Oh, wait.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

carolinakid wrote:I appreciate Obama's "evolution" on this issue, but as a gay Independent I will vote for Romney for economic reasons. I just see further debt and decline under 4 more years of Obama's policies.
That actually sounds pretty smart.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:That actually sounds pretty smart.
No, it doesn't. Romney will only protect the interests of the rich. No one else's. If people think that the economy will get better under Romney, they are seriously deluded.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Sotiris wrote:
No, it doesn't. Romney will only protect the interests of the rich. No one else's. If people think that the economy will get better under Romney, they are seriously deluded.
Quoted for truth.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris wrote:
Oh, well I meant sounded smart was voting for who you think will fix the economy first before voting who you think would make gay marriage happen.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I just read today that RI, thanks to an executive order by the governor, now recognizes out-of-state SSMs.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Trust me I'm not one to wave the gay flag around but I still don't understand how in 2012 religion still plays into our goverment...taht shit needs to be seperate.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^because things change, but society doesnt.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

CampbellzSoup wrote:Trust me I'm not one to wave the gay flag around but I still don't understand how in 2012 religion still plays into our goverment...taht shit needs to be seperate.
If you're not religious, maybe you don't understand that people who really, truly believe in God are struggling very much with what they think God would want them to do. Certain people very naturally think that God would not want them to vote for homosexuals to be able to marry, detsroying, in their eyes, the sanctity of marriage (if they could, they would probably vote that marriage couldn't be done outside of churches, either). It doesn't matter if church and state should be seperate, they will do what they think is right, which is keeping anyone from sinning and keeping marriage as they truly and firmly believe it should be.

It's true, what needs to happen is we just need to show people gay love isn't wrong in God's or anyone's eyes, or, more likely, states shouldn't be voting seperately on this issue at all.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

But so then why do they get uppy about the gays but not about that whole "stone people working on the Sabbath" thing? Shouldn't THAT be the focus of the 2012 campaigns?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well I know your half-joking but I don't think they can vote on the stoning thing so the gay marriage thing is one of the few things they can do. Plus, since they probably have disgusted and ill feelings from the mere thought of same-sex relationships, they probably think it's "super wrong". And Jesus said "he who is without sin cast the first stone", so...ehhhh, they need to be taught, and the government should just allow it regardless of state votes.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

The religious-right in this country would vote in favor of making homosexuality punishable by death...IF they knew they could get away with it! Don't forget, they actually pushed for laws in Uganda to make being gay a crime worthy of the death-penalty just last year! That's right, religious and right-wing political 'leaders' in this country ACTIVELY pushed to KILL gay people in Uganda.

Have you seen that scene in Borat where Sascha Baron Cohen is at a rodeo and he is talking with an old man and he says to the old man, "In my country we take them [gays] and hang them," and the old man says something to the effect of, "We wish we could do that here!" Memory is a little fuzzy of the exact dialogue, but it's close to that.

It's amazing the right-wing and religious zealots in this country hate extremist Muslims in Iran, Afghanistan and Iraq: they agree with them on so many issues!

It just goes to show you how truly viscous and evil some of these fundamentalist Christians are.

And the big problem, as I see it, is states even getting to VOTE on Civil Rights. And when tepid leaders like Obama say "I'm in favor of gay marriage, but I think states have the right to choose," that doesn't help us. Especially the most vulnerable of us living IN the bigoted states that actively vote against us at the ballot box.

State's Rights don't trump Civil Rights. They never have, never will.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea it's pretty bad. And it's hard to seperate the people from the party. Why are so many right-wing people like that? Why are so many liberals the way they are, too?

But yea, the states shouldn't be voting on civil rights.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

agreed. When it comes to ethics, I follow Superman. Never EVER kill.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... ion-8.html

Proposition 8 is gearing up to go all the way to the Supreme Court. Thoughts? Worries?

I, for one, am a little terrified. This Supreme Court is the most rabidly right-wing court in recent U.S. history. They could set us back YEARS by ruling it constitutional. I'm holding my breath. (This is all bearing if they even agree to HEAR the case, that is)
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... ion-8.html

Proposition 8 is gearing up to go all the way to the Supreme Court. Thoughts? Worries?

I, for one, am a little terrified. This Supreme Court is the most rabidly right-wing court in recent U.S. history. They could set us back YEARS by ruling it constitutional. I'm holding my breath. (This is all bearing if they even agree to HEAR the case, that is)
The most rabidly right-wing court and yet the article specifically mentions this:
Proposition 8, passed by California voters in November 2008, reinstated a ban on same-sex nuptials six months after the state Supreme Court had struck it down on state constitutional grounds. The ballot measure amended the state constitution
They've already struck it down once. Now that Obama has thrown his support towards gay rights there is a good chance that Prop 8 will be struck down again.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal