Best Disney movie ending *SPOLERS*

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Prince Adam wrote:The Little Mermaid: from the moment Ariel steps out of the ocean in that blue dress, you can't help but just be happy for the couple.
Purple, mind you :twisted: :lol:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

What about the best closing musical number? I think Brazzle Dazzle Day is up there.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
quasi72
Gold Classic Collection

Post by quasi72 »

Interesting topic: FAvorite Disney endings.
with no order, the ones that for some reason stick in my mind are...

... POCAHONTAS: such a non happy ending. Different and a little sour to digest at first...

... THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: he doesn't get the girl, but gets acceptance of the others, in return. A hero, after teaching us the leason of "what makes a monster and what makes a man"

... MONSTERS, INC: such an open ending. Beautiful, withought giving us all the information about what's sneaking out of the closet door...

... FANTASIA 2000: the last segment gives us a beautiful glorious happy ending celebrating rebirth and life.

And among those that, although I love the film, the ending is sort of conventional...

... ALADDIN

... THE LITTLE MERMAID

... MULAN
Sanctuary! Please, give me Sanctuary!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Animated films, this time. As usual, I'm considering mood and tone above everything (how they made me feel). And this is only considering the very last sequence in each movie, mostly disconnected from the event ocurring before:

1. Melody Time - shots of the blue sky, coyotes howling, reprise of "Blue Shadows on the Trail" and shots from a distance of campers (cowboys and the children) at a firepit
2. Robin Hood - Robin & Maid Marion's Wedding
3. Fun and Fancy Free - Willie the Giant walks through the city as the theme song reprises
4. Pinocchio - Jiminy leaves the happy Geppetto and Pinocchio and reflects on a job well done
5. Sleeping Beauty - Aurora and Phil(l)ip dance, Fauna cries, Flora & Merriweather change the dress color, the scene drifts off into the clouds and becomes the storybook
6. Peter Pan - Wendy's mother and father see the ship made of clouds in the sky
7. The Rescuers - Bernard and Bianca get another call for help, take off on flight with Evenrude, reprise of "Tomorrow is Another Day"
8. Fantasia (ranks lower because there's no real ending at all, just shots of the musicians leaving- but you're still coming down from the glory of "Ave Maria" and that's also the major chunk of the ending itself)
9. Ichabod & Mr. Toad - Narrator speculates on what really happened to Ichabod, reprise of "Headless Horseman" song, is scared out of telling anymore of the story
10. Alice in Wonderland - Alice wakes up and is taken away to have tea
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

bambi, when the great prince leaves bambi to take over as king of the forest. i love the colors and atmosphere
big kid at heart
Cheshire_Cat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Cheshire_Cat »

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

It's so emotionally appealing and grandiose. The shot of the castle in the clouds, the sunlight, and the choir reprisal of Some Day My Prince Will Come, all make for an emotionally satisfying ending.

Pinocchio

I like the festival inside Gepetto's house in reaction to Pinocchio's becoming a real boy, Jiminy getting a silver star to certify his conscience status, and the shot of the wishing star over the tranquil village.

Cinderella

The ending is fast-paced, but still gratifying for me. I like the church bells, the A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes reprisal, and the shot of Cinderella and the prince kissing in their carriage.

Alice in Wonderland

I like the tranquil simplicity of this ending. After the madness of the climactic chase scene, Alice wakes up and realizes that it was all just a dream, and the reaction? "Oh, well, time for some tea..." :)

One Hundred and One Dalmatians

This ending is so fun! The catchy music, and the shot of all the dogs of London joining in the celebration, make for the most fun ending of them all!

Aladdin

What makes this ending enjoyable for me is the teasing shot of Genie at the end, and the little insrumental Friend Like Me reprisal ushering in the end credits.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

In no order (just chronological haha):

Snow White
Pinocchio
Song of the South
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Princess and the Frog
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Song of the South has a gloriously joyful happing ending! Zip A Dee Doo Dah dissolves into Song of the South.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Top three:

1. Fantasia - The 'Ave Maria' sequence is ridiculously good, even for a non-believer like me. :P The dim silhouettes of villagers, the haunting, angelic singing, and all the hues and colours of the animation...it's really impressive and beautifully atmospheric.

2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - A very heart-warming and emotionally satisfying ending, with a glorious final shot of a heavenly castle in the clouds. It's the perfect conclusion to the dark, almost depressing sequence that the final section of the film consists of.

3. Dumbo - After seeing Dumbo get downtrodden on by most characters in the film, it's so uplifting to see him and Timothy triumph at the end. The brief reprise of 'See an Elephant Fly' is a nice touch to this fast-paced resolution.
Icea
Limited Issue

Post by Icea »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Fox and the Hound. It's such a bittersweet ending and has one of the most beautiful ending shots with Tod and Vixey looking down at the farm. And Copper thinking back to how he and Tod played as kids. Not too lovey-dovey and so moving.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

It was close to making my list just because I thought the music was so good, and at least Adult Todd and Vixey didn't have any lines. But I still hate that movie, so... And, maybe I'm forgetting something but, didn't Chief have a line or something? Chief should have died (especially since Lady and the Tramp let Trusty live and he actually added something to the ending)- another reason the idea of the movie is so bad.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Mach Full Force
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Best Disney movie ending *SPOLERS*

Post by Mach Full Force »

Snow White is one of my favorite Disney films, and has a special place in my heart ever since I was little, and one of the reasons for this is that, no matter what, the final scene always makes me cry. Just thinking about it makes me feel all emotional. Although, when I was little, I cried because I wanted Snow to stay with the dwarfs.

I also find the end to Wreck-It Ralph (which is probably my favorite of the most recent Disney films) quite satisfying. Both Ralph and Vanellope are accepted by the other characters of their games (and, in Vanellope's case, by the players), the Q*bert characters get a new home game, and Calhoun's broken heart, as cliché as it sounds, is fixed by Felix.
"Maybe you live in a golden cage, but a golden cage is still a cage."
~Juan Carlos Bodoque, 31 Minutos: La Película
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Snow White- incredibly emotional and the perfect atmospheric ending

Bambi- again, atmosphere. And I love how it somewhat ends with a bittersweet note (the Great Prince leaves, passing the torch to Bambi, suggesting that maybe he'll die), it even suggests that maybe the two fawns will live the same story of their father. I love that it ends how it began- much better than in the Lion King.

Ichabod and Mister Toad- the reprise of the Headless Horseman is used brilliantly.

Cinderella: satisfying.

The Jungle Book: I liked it mostly used when comparing it to what was happening in Disney at the moment. Walt died, and the film sorta carries this "melancholic" mood at times, so I rather like its "well, that's life" ending.

Winnie the Pooh: very sweet and emotional. I like how calm it is in comparision to other Disney endings.

The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under- I love how both endings somewhat mirror each other: flying among the skies, and Bernard and Bianca having a touching moment. "Tomorrow is another day" is a very sweet song, too.

Fox and the Hound: perfect. I think the voice-over does it for me.

The Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast

Pocahontas: if anything for the instrumental

Hercules

Tarzan

Fantasia 2000

Atlantis: It begins with the ending of a Queen's reign and the film ends with the start of another one. Nice comparison.

Wreck it Ralph: Mostly Ralph's final lines. "If I can make that little girl happy, then I can't be much of a bad guy"

TBH Disney's pretty good with endings. Though the ones I didn't like were:

-Tangled: it just didn't feel "emotional" enough. The stuff with Flynn returning to life was good, and so was the reunion with the parents, the last part of the narration was dumb though.

-Mulan: so, a date and party like it's 1998, sooo typical of ancient China. :roll:

-Emperor's New Groove: the stuff with the squirrel ruins it and i think it drags the ending.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Top 3

Hunchback Of Notre Dame- Quasi is finally accepted as part of society and he's no longer judged for his looks and Clopin Singing at the end as the camera zooms out showing Notre Dame and Paris ! Chills ! Everytime !!!

Snow White- So emotional and touching ! The Prince bows down to give her a final kiss as the Seven grieve over the loss of Snow White, but the Snow awakes and celebration ! Snow kisses all the Seven as a thankyou for protecting her from the Queen as well as best as they could and The Prince carries Snow on his horse to his castle to what looks like a castle in Heaven. So beautiful.

You know that Snow is now in " Heaven " As she's now with her dream Prince and her future looks bright and now peaceful. Subtle, artistic and passionate.

There's also a interesting fan-made theory that I like the Prince was a " Grim Reaper " and he carries off Snow into Heaven. Though it says that a kiss breaks the spell and why do the Seven and Forest Animals cheer ? Still, it's a fun and interesting theory.

Little Mermaid- Ariel looks upon Eric now again back as a Mermaid. You can tell that she feels sort of regretful and sad that she may never ever be with her true love. However Triton has understood her daughter and her ambition for the future and he's learnt to support her dreams rather than squash them and he makes her a human and he softy says " I'm going to miss her "
Then at the Wedding Eric bows to Triton as Triton bows back as a understanding between Human and Mermaid/ Merman and Ariel says her goodbyes to her Father and says " I Love you Daddy " Then as Triton creates a peaceful rainbow in the sky a reprise of Part Of Your World plays that gives off a old and classic Disney feel that Walt himself could of made.

So Touching. <3