Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Are they acutally producing bonus features for one of their prestigious titles again!? :o
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I mean, that's only two. The past couple Diamond editions all got a few new things. It's pretty par for the course.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Well I'm glad you stuck around to tell us such things Wondy, lol, (and glad you stick around in general!) but other than the Fairy Godmother story, the castle thing once again sounds like one of those bonus features that tries to seem special and new for the film but it doesn't have much to do with the film at all.

I know I shouldn't complain because it's them making effort to make something special for the film's release, but I'd rather something looking at the actual film, either behind the scenes or something new like an interactive game exploring the film's castle using whatever art they have, using the fairy godmother's wand to make or turn objects into cool or fun stuff, anything that actually has to do with the film.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion ... t/20120426

SO COOL! Ferragamo provided the glass slippers in Ever After. Great to see another fashion designer tackling the infamous glass slippers.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

This is pretty cool. But does Ferragamo have something to do with these slippers or are you just mentioning them because...why?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Cinderella (Blu-ray, DVD + Digital Copy)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Cinder ... PDKIKX0DER

Cinderella (Blu-ray + DVD)

Cinderella (Blu-ray + DVD) [Spanish Edition]

Cinderella Trilogy - Collector's Edition (2 Blu-rays, 3 DVDs, 1 Digital Copy)

credit goes to Deciazulado from Blu-ray.com
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

It it just me, or does it look like in the 'Cinderella Trilogy with Collectible Jewelry Box Packaging' boxset Cinderella II and III are on one Blu-Ray disc?

Have they ever done something like that before with their sequels?

It look like the discs are like this:

Cinderella DVD
Cinderella BLU-RAY
Cinderella DIGITAL COPY
Cinderella II DVD
Cinderella III DVD
Cinderella II and II BLU-RAY
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

supertalies wrote:It it just me, or does it look like in the 'Cinderella Trilogy with Collectible Jewelry Box Packaging' boxset Cinderella II and III are on one Blu-Ray disc?

Have they ever done that before?

It look like the discs are like this:

Cinderella DVD
Cinderella BLU-RAY
Cinderella DIGITAL COPY
Cinderella II DVD
Cinderella III DVD
Cinderella II and II BLU-RAY
it's not just you, it's pretty obvious they put 2 movies in one disc. they've done it again. with Pocahontas, Fox and the Hound, The Princess Diaries etc etc.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay...alright...ahem. By the way, you forgot one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-Two-Di ... 920&sr=1-4

Anyway...

OMG they're beautifulahhhhhh!!!!!! Okay, well, the first one, the 3-discer, woah, I mean, woah!!!!! They made it ultra special with gold edging!!!! And with the main picture in an oval and the Fairy Godmother in the corner...I think it looks really elegant, classy, and gorgeous!!!!! I've heard others who don't like it, and I don't get it, so many people like the Sleeping Beauty opening storybook, this looks even better in my opinion! In a way it's like Cinderella's own opening storybook...it's weird, making it look like that book, with gold, and with a color picture framed in the middle, was exactly my idea. That's...really weird. I didn't even draw that idea yet. But anyway, it's beautiful and the only think wrong is the Fairy Godmother should be looking down at Cinderella not still looking up. And that castle should be fixed, it's okay if they have to move it over more right to see the clock tower. Actually they could just lower it below her hands and you could see the whole thing. Or no, actually I bet putting it above the slipper would be best. Or not, I dunno. This cover I find to be really beautiful it's just a shame the title is still vertical and messing with the perfection it could be.

The other covers are great, I love seeing the lovely cool covers finally up close and in higher def. I now can see that the coach is indeed entering/leaving Cinderella's garden and the trees from that garden are merely covering the castle. The trees could be...done better to not have the tops look like darker pink blobs against the lighter pink castle but oh well. The castle still needs to be flipped to be correct though!!! >: ( I demonstrated that in images I made for crying out loud!

But that 6-disc (!!!!!!) jewery box, oh man, oh man oh man oh man!!!! They are doing a special collector's set again for this yay!!!!!!! Okay, I really don't want the jewerly box, though if they made it just a regular, jeweled ornate really pretty artsy "treasure" box to keep anything in then it would be great, but that book, omg!!! It has the best logo for Cinderella I've seen! In fact it's extremely close to the very kind I designed! Once again, really weird!!! And I hope that's the logo they use on the DVD cover with her dress. Speaking of, that image of Cinderella from that DVD cover is really gorgeous on the jewerly box, and I think it's actually been re-drawn and improved! The glowing castle on the book looks spectacular, if only the would make the book have a little more like the slipper, some fairy dust, the pumpkin coach, something more.

Well...it looks like I'll have to buy the sequels after all, though I do love Cinderella III actually, if only for seeing more of Cinderella's world. It looks like I may be buying aloooot for Cinderella this year. I can't wait! :twisted:
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Disney Duster wrote:
Okay...alright...ahem. By the way, you forgot one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-Two-Di ... 920&sr=1-4
-.- I WILL find you

:P

THE COUPON IS LIVE, $8 for the 3-disc version
Tae
Limited Issue

Post by Tae »

I really like the 3-disc cover, though I wish you couldn't see pink behind Cinderella and the gold would probably look better if it was silver; I like it better then the 2-disc cover though, either way.
Can't wait to see Cinderella in HD!
Last edited by Tae on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Tangled Ever After will be in Cinderella + Cinderella will support Second Screen

Release date for Cinderella and its sequels in the US is October 2nd apparently

jchampl wrote:I posted this in another thread but the release date is October 2nd.
jchampl wrote:Walt Disney Studios release calendar. It was announced yesterday officially to us cast members.
- Blu-ray.com
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Am I the only one who thinks that gold cover is absolutely atrocious?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

SWillie! wrote:...

No. Nearly everyone over at blu-ray.com think so as well, me included.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Duster, it looks nothing like a book at all. Sleeping Beauty's gold book release looks so nice because it's so ornate and textured - it looks like the actual book. But this is just a solid, flat gold... nothing fancy or "book-like" about that at all.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I think I would prefer Silver than Gold on that cover, but I guess we should just be happy it isn't pink. :P

Overall, I like this more simple approach. This is just messy though. The images are thrown off center because of the title, and I HATE how the title overlaps the images.

This cover would 10000000% better if the title were horizontal top or bottom center and all the remaining images centered as well. Also if there were come kind of structure or texture to the gold, I would be a lot more happy.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Cinderella Trilogy Jewelry Box Unboxing
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/ ... nt_fb_link
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I also kind of hate the whole Trilogy jewelry box thing. Sets like these should be more gender neutral. :x
Tae
Limited Issue

Post by Tae »

SWillie! wrote:...

I think the pink on the 2-disc is worse :lol:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I much prefer the 2-disc edition cover, myself. As SWillie! said, it doesn't look like a book. Perhaps, it would look better in person, however.

Very disappointed with the collector's set, too.