"SMASH" - Official Discussion Thread...........

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

When the show started they said there was only 12 episodes in the first season, and last night's episode was number 10. 10 + 2 = 12.

Am I wrong about this or what? I have all the episodes recorded to DVD-R and last night's episode made the completion of Disc 2, which I get five episodes per disc.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

dvdjunkie wrote:When the show started they said there was only 12 episodes in the first season, and last night's episode was number 10. 10 + 2 = 12.

Am I wrong about this or what? I have all the episodes recorded to DVD-R and last night's episode made the completion of Disc 2, which I get five episodes per disc.
From here:
"The Voice" and "Smash" will both air 15 weeks of originals. Executive producer Mark Burnett says they'll also add a results show for the talent competition on Tuesday nights in the spring, presumably shrinking "The Biggest Loser" to an hour.
Plus, Uma Thurman is going to be on the show for a 5 episode arc, so it would have to be at least 14 episodes.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Thanks for the info. Now I can sit back and relax and enjoy the show for longer than I originally planned.

I think "The Voice" is the perfect lead-in show for "Smash". And I love the cast including Megan HIlty, Katherine McPhee, and Anjelica Huston. Bring it on, I really like this show.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Wow! I didn't see that coming. Uma Thurman can sing, but not on this show. It is amazing how she can play such a "ditz" and yet look so glamorous at the same time.

I thought Katherine McPhee's version of "Our Day Will Come" was beautiful and done at the appropriate time.

With only three episodes left in this fabulous show, I am already crying for Season 2. Let's hope that it is just as well-written as this season has been.

Megan Hilty being brought back in was sort of a shocker, but I am looking to see a twist in the storyline and what surprise they have for the 'cliff-hangar' ending for Season one.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

With only two episodes left for this season, I hope those of you who are watching this show are ready for a long summer wait for Season Two of "Smash".

This story line between Megan Hilty and Uma Thurman is really good, and Katherine McPhee is looking better and sounding better than ever before.

Can't wait for the cliff-hangar episode.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Once the show is back we will be missing a few people from the cast we have known but at least one of three new people has been cast in the form of Disney's Newsies lead Jeremy Jordan!

http://tvline.com/2012/06/14/smash-jeremy-jordan/

-Skyler