DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:16 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

How can John Lasseter be both the producer and the executive-producer? I don't even think Spielberg and Lucas have accomplished such a feat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 am 
Limited Edition

This is only film currently in the Disney production pipeline that bares any remote interest with me, so I really hope it doesn't canceled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:01 am 
Platinum Edition

Steve Hulett wrote:
King of the Elves gets a look-see from Mr. Lasseter within weeks; the people I talked to didn't know (or weren't saying) if the project is the next feature to roll to the end of the production runway, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... lding.html

Steve Hulett wrote:
Back at the feature building on Riverside Drive, morale is better. Said a Diz Co. artist on the second floor:

"They screened the King of the Elves story reels for us, and they look really good. John [Lasseter] has been down since last week reviewing projects, and I think we're going to be doing one film a year for the next three years. Wrec It Ralph, then King of the Elves, and then whatever's ready. There's a couple other projects in work. And Ron [Clements] and John [Musker] are going to be pitching to John."

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... h-hat.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 pm 
Collector's Edition

They screened the King of the Elves story reels for us, and they look really good. John [Lasseter] has been down since last week reviewing projects, and I think we're going to be doing one film a year for the next three years. Wrec It Ralph, then King of the Elves, and then whatever's ready. There's a couple other projects in work. And Ron [Clements] and John [Musker] are going to be pitching to John ...

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/up-through-hat.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:26 am 
Platinum Edition

Steve Hulett wrote:
I'm assuming (but do not know) that King of the Elves will be the next picture into production. I'm informed that the story reels are well along, and look good.

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... lives.html

Post subject: XXX!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 am 
In The Vaults

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!

Last edited by Jackoleen on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:06 am 
Collector's Edition

Jackoleen If your talking about the comments on the TAG Blog, take it with a grain of salt. For some reason people like making up rubbish on that blog. Only read what has been posted and commented by the author :)

I would love a Rumpelstiltskin or Hansel and Gretel made by Disney!

But I can't see them happening just yet (seeing as Rumple in Shrek came out and H & G: Witch Hunters is in Production at another studio :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:52 am 
Platinum Edition

Steve Hulett wrote:
I visited the Disney hat building this afternoon. Some new directors on stalled projects, some new projects, and Frozen still follows Ralph.

Anonymous wrote:
Is King of the Elves still following Frozen?

Steve Hulett wrote:
I'm told that there is no movie yet designated to follow Frozen.

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... irman.html

Honor Hunter wrote:
Next year we go back to classic fairy tales. Minus the names that tell you they're royalty, of course. But one tale that won't be happening anytime soon is about Elves. That's right, "King of the Elves" was racing with "Frozen" to be the 2013 release and it still has too many story structure problems to make it across the finish line. So many in fact, that Chris Williams is now off the project and going back to work on other projects (not as a director, but story boarder). It seems the script for Snow Queen aka: "Frozen" is in much better shape and it got the release date for next year, while KOTE got put on the shelve. Again.

Source: http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2012/ ... ngdom.html

Last edited by Sotiris on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:17 pm 
Collector's Edition

Sotiris wrote:
Honor Hunter wrote:
Next year we go back to classic fairy tales. Minus the names that tell you they're royalty, of course. But one tale that won't be happening anytime soon is about Elves. That's right, "King of the Elves" was racing with "Frozen" to be the 2013 release and it still has too many story structure problems to make it across the finish line. So many in fact, that Chris Williams is now off the project and going back to work on other projects (not as a director, but story boarder). It seems the script for Snow Queen aka: "Frozen" is in much better shape and it got the release date for next year, while KOTE got put on the shelve. Again.

Easy come,easy go but one has to remember how many years Beauty and the Beast & The Little Meremaid were in development hell before Disney finally somehow made a movie that worked.Once they find a story structure that works for King Of The Elves then I know it will be a timeless classic.In my mind there is just a gold mine of works from Disney that have been shelved and let me tell any day or decade those ideas might one day be turned finally into a movie.I like the fact that the Snow Queen or Frozen is finally getting released because it must have been in developement hell for decades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:13 pm 
Limited Edition

I hope it does get made eventually as I like the original short story so much and I think it has the potential to make a very good Disney film. I can see why they're having story problems as it's not a typical Disney-like story but I hope they stick with it and resolve those issues in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

jazzflower92 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Honor Hunter wrote:

Wait, it's shelved AGAIN?!?! SERIOUSLY?! :x :x :x They were doing really good with it, they were working on it since 2010. What the heck happened?

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Wait, it's shelved AGAIN?!?! SERIOUSLY?! Mad Mad Mad They were doing really good with it, they were working on it since 2010. What the heck happened?

The last I heard anything official of the film was in June last year when Chris Williams was confirmed to direct and Michael Markowitz was brought in to rewrite the script. Those rewrites obviously haven't worked out as of yet and I can sort of see why; I would imagine they have to retool the story a little bit to stretch it into an animated feature and I'd be curious to see what they would do with the battle at the end of the story between the elves and the trolls. Given Markowtiz's resume is made up predominantly of comedies I would guess he was hired to add some humour to the story. If that hasn't worked out let's hope that they don't give up on the film and find a way to make it work soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

@DisneyAnimation88-So, it is NOT shelved?

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 pm 
Limited Edition

It looks like it's back on the shelf at the moment but it's a film that's been in and out of development over the past couple of years so it could conceivably go back into development again soon if they figure out a solution to the problems that they're having with the story. Recent films like Bolt and Tangled went through problems and significant changes during production and made it through so there's still hope for this film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
It looks like it's back on the shelf at the moment but it's a film that's been in and out of development over the past couple of years so it could conceivably go back into development again soon if they figure out a solution to the problems that they're having with the story. Recent films like Bolt and Tangled went through problems and significant changes during production and made it through so there's still hope for this film.

Grrrr, I hope it won't take long. It has been on-off, on-off, on-of. I just want it to come already. It has never been this long to make 1 movie, besides Tangled right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyprincess11 wrote:
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:

Grrrr, I hope it won't take long. It has been on-off, on-off, on-of. I just want it to come already. It has never been this long to make 1 movie, besides Tangled right?

Snow Queen, Little Mermaid, Alice in wonderland, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Super Aurora wrote:
Snow Queen, Little Mermaid, Alice in wonderland, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast.

The Thief and the Cobbler. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Julian Carter wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:

Oh, true, true. thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am 
Collector's Edition

Julian Carter wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:

indeed jules! Can't think of any better exampleAnd well worth the wait.. Loved that movie!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:42 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

REINIER wrote:
And well worth the wait.. Loved that movie!!

Which version did you see? The Fred Calvert edit or the Gareth Gilchrist restoration?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next