Survivor Seasons 11 and 12 are up for pre-order on Amazon

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
DisneyMatt89

Survivor Seasons 11 and 12 are up for pre-order on Amazon

Post by DisneyMatt89 »

As with the last few seasons released, they will be Amazon-exclusive On Demand discs, which seems to be the only way we'll be getting Survivor from now on. According to a source at another Survivor-related forum, who leaked the boxart before it went up officially, they could be shipped as early as next week.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You already have watched the show and you know the 'scripted outcome', why would anyone want to waste their money on this?

Seems like a waste of time and money. I have never watched more than one or two seasons of "Survivor". Since Jeff Probst, host of the show is a neighbor of ours here in Wichita, we can get together once in a while and watch outtakes of the show and have a great laugh.

The sooner people quit watching these 'scripted' shows that are supposed to be reality, the sooner we will get some decent shows worth watching on television.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

dvdjunkie wrote:The sooner people quit watching these 'scripted' shows that are supposed to be reality, the sooner we will get some decent shows worth watching on television.
You love reality shows as much as anybody, scripted or not.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Lazario wrote:
You love reality shows as much as anybody, scripted or not.
The only shows I watch that some people call reality shows are American Idol, The Voice, and X Factor.

I don't watch scripted crap shows like Big Brother, Great Race, Survivor, and stuff like that. Otherwise I like dramas, action/adventure and comedy shows on the regular television schedule.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

dvdjunkie wrote:The only shows I watch that some people call reality shows are American Idol, The Voice, and X Factor.
But you list them because you consider them "real"er than "scripted" shows. (I of course "use these" because whose to say which shows are actually scripted and which aren't... and, of course, who the hell cares to begin with.)
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
DisneyMatt89

Post by DisneyMatt89 »

dvdjunkie wrote:You already have watched the show and you know the 'scripted outcome', why would anyone want to waste their money on this?

Seems like a waste of time and money. I have never watched more than one or two seasons of "Survivor". Since Jeff Probst, host of the show is a neighbor of ours here in Wichita, we can get together once in a while and watch outtakes of the show and have a great laugh.

The sooner people quit watching these 'scripted' shows that are supposed to be reality, the sooner we will get some decent shows worth watching on television.

Well, Survivor happens to be my favorite show.

<3 you too.

Oh and just so you're aware, I've met at least three people who have been on Survivor, none of whom got very far so they would have no reason to stand up for the show, and they've all confirmed that it is very real. The editing is manipulated, but nothing is scripted.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

DisneyMatt89 wrote: The editing is manipulated, but nothing is scripted.
This is exactly it. Same with Big Brother. It's all about the editing.

One keeps confusing something that has been 'edited' with 'scripted'. There is a very big difference.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Just pre-ordered Guatemala & Panama:Exile Island!
DisneyMatt89

Post by DisneyMatt89 »

The official release dates are set as May 22, however, Amazon (perhaps accidentally) shipped a lot of Guatemala pre-orders early, and many people (myself included!) have already received them.