The Sweatbox

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

jpanimation wrote:Private, which is why I requested you include your YouTube user name. If I don't have that, then I can't grant you access and the link I include would be worthless to you. I'll try my best to grant access within a day of receiving a request.
Have sent a pm:)

Matt
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

If the user removed that video, then why are the Eppaljeck videos still uploaded in YouTube?
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I've been looking for this documentary for a long time. Thanks!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

MattDean wrote:
jpanimation wrote:Private, which is why I requested you include your YouTube user name. If I don't have that, then I can't grant you access and the link I include would be worthless to you. I'll try my best to grant access within a day of receiving a request.
Have sent a pm:)

Matt
Thank you!

Looking forward to viewing.

Matt
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I was pretty surprised by this documentary.. not so much by the content of the documentary itself but more so the stigma surrounding the project. Aside from the bad editing of the version we currently have, I didn't really notice anything damaging the Disney company within the documentary. On most big title releases, there are bits of bonus features that explain how the film underwent major changes in plot and mood. Maybe as fans we know this whereas the general public does not? Not to mention that I didn't like any of Sting's work, including the song they ended up using, and the movie as a whole really did seem to have too much going on. I thought it was really interesting overall and no where near as negative or damaging as I thought it would be.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Patrick wrote:I was pretty surprised by this documentary.. not so much by the content of the documentary itself but more so the stigma surrounding the project. Aside from the bad editing of the version we currently have, I didn't really notice anything damaging the Disney company within the documentary. On most big title releases, there are bits of bonus features that explain how the film underwent major changes in plot and mood. Maybe as fans we know this whereas the general public does not? Not to mention that I didn't like any of Sting's work, including the song they ended up using, and the movie as a whole really did seem to have too much going on. I thought it was really interesting overall and no where near as negative or damaging as I thought it would be.
It might be worth mentioning that I came away feeling the same way (as my other post already says) but I don't have much fan knowledge. I haven't even Seen Emperor's New Groove (didn't like the art style/themes when it came out, it just never grabbed me). I was actually pretty clueless about any of the changes that took place during its production.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

TheValentineBros wrote:If the user removed that video, then why are the Eppaljeck videos still uploaded in YouTube?
And nobody is answering my question.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

No clue what you are talking about.

The docu is pretty interesting. Its always cool to get to see how Disney animated films are made and this movie gives you a nice glimpse into that, at least at the time of the Emperor's New Groove.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

It's on Vimeo now, thanks to the guy who runs Progress City USA
http://vimeo.com/39111006
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Some amazing concept art from Kingdom Of the Sun:
http://progresscityusa.com/2012/03/23/f ... #more-6037
(via disneyreport.com)
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Just watched it, great documentary. I wish there was more like it, as too many seem to distort and idealize what happened. By the halfway point, Roger Allers was breaking my heart. What he went through is one of my worst nightmares. I actually liked the character designs in his version a lot and would love to see more. At this point, I really can't judge his version beyond that as it's not available to view.
estefan wrote:Watching The Sweatbox, it actually makes me want to see other documentaries on similar troubled projects like Ratatouille, Shrek and Cool World. I know there's one being made about The Thief and the Cobbler.
Actually, I immediately thought of American Dog. The parallels to this are huge and I'd love to see an honest look at what happened. Unfortunately, Sanders isn't under the best of terms with Disney because of it.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: The Sweatbox

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sorry for bumping this thread, I just wanted to give my opinion about this topic.

While I certainly liked and enjoyed this documentary, I still find it a pity that the majority of the film is dedicated to the final "The Emperor's New Groove" and not vice versa. Of course it's understandable on, but I've always been curious on the "Kingdom of the Sun"-version. At the time, I was really excited that Disney were going to do an Incan drama and while I like the final "Emperor's New Groove", I still think it was a missed opportunity to do an authentic Incan drama with Andean music. As half hispanic, I love Andean music and Incan history.

However, I liked this documentary.