The Muppets (2011)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

jinkinquackers wrote:Only at Target: FREE The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD when you buy The Muppets on Blu-ray. Items packaged together.
Would be wonderful if those 6 episodes were from Season 1 presented uncut for the first time.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Does the 6-episode sampler come with the 3-Disc Blu-ray?
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Would be wonderful if those 6 episodes were from Seas 1 presented uncut for the first time.
Agreed. That would be nice.
zackisthewalrus wrote:Does the 6-episode sampler come with the 3-Disc Blu-ray?
Yes, it's included in the 3-Disc combo too. I just wrote it out too quickly and left that out. Thank you for catching that, zackisthewalrus! :) I'll update the first post.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Would've been nice if Disney released the other films, especially the first two and Christmas Carol on Blu-Ray.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Correction on the Best Buy pricing of the Three-Disc "Wacka Wacka" edition of "The Muppets". According to Sunday's ad the price of the three-disc Blu-ray collection including the Exclusive Lunch Box is $22.99 before the coupon discount. I have seen the lunch box, and it makes the Target ad with the 'Sampler' look way over-priced and not worth the money.

I will be getting mine at Best Buy.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

dvdjunkie wrote:Correction on the Best Buy pricing of the Three-Disc "Wacka Wacka" edition of "The Muppets". According to Sunday's ad the price of the three-disc Blu-ray collection including the Exclusive Lunch Box is $22.99 before the coupon discount. I have seen the lunch box, and it makes the Target ad with the 'Sampler' look way over-priced and not worth the money.

I will be getting mine at Best Buy.
The ad said $22.99 after coupon for me. Target is $19.99 after coupon for the Wocka Wocka pack and Muppet Show sampler DVD. Toys R Us has a 3D poster with the purchase of either combo pack. The Wocka Wocka pack is $22.99 after coupon there. The normal combo pack is also $22.99.

I may try to get the poster at Toys R Us (if its like the Lion King one last year), if not I'll probably just get it at Target since its the best price.

I wonder how many lunch boxes Best Buy will get in tomorrow? I know the last few lunch boxes were hard to get here (They stocked 4 or less)... So I'm not sure if its even worth my trouble to try Best Buy.
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

dvdjunkie wrote:Correction on the Best Buy pricing of the Three-Disc "Wacka Wacka" edition of "The Muppets". According to Sunday's ad the price of the three-disc Blu-ray collection including the Exclusive Lunch Box is $22.99 before the coupon discount.
DarthPrime wrote:The ad said $22.99 after coupon for me.
My Best Buy ad said that the edition with the lunchbox included is $22.99 with coupon and $27.99 without coupon. dvdjunkie, if in your area you are able to get it all for $22.99 before coupon - making it $17.99 after coupon - then I think that's great. I definitely would jump in that without hesitating for even a second! I only wish I lived in a place that had it for that price. I haven't seen good prices like that in what feels like forever now. :)
DarthPrime wrote:I wonder how many lunch boxes Best Buy will get in tomorrow? I know the last few lunch boxes were hard to get here (They stocked 4 or less)... So I'm not sure if its even worth my trouble to try Best Buy.
I'm not sure how many they'll actually have. The ad only says "Min. 2 per store." From what I've seen, with a lot of Best Buy's exclusives, you have to practically be there right when they open in order to get one.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DarthPrime wrote:
SWillie! wrote:For those interested in Steelbook and collectible packaging - The Muppets will be getting one in Future Shop Canada.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Movie ... m-p/338187
Best Buy is getting this as a preorder case ($7.50 preorder). I've read on Blu-ray.com's forums that its supposed to be out March 4th.
Best Buy in the US also has these, or just about any futureshop steelbooks cuz it's the same company.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I wish I had the capability to send a photo of the ad in my Sunday Best Buy supplement, but it says "The Muppets-Wacko Wacko Edition in a Collectible Lunchbox - $17.99 after coupon."

You betcha I am going to be in line. I knew I loved the Midwest for some reason, it's because we save more money that people on the East Coast or Left Coast or in other parts of the world.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Cuz clearly every other part of the world has an evenian suckier national economy.
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I'm still waiting on Amazon to (hopefully) price match Target's price of $24.99 before coupon (making it $19.99 after coupon). That $29.99 (before coupon) price hasn't even budged after all this time and I thought it would by now. Come on Amazon!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
jinkinquackers wrote:Only at Target: FREE The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD when you buy The Muppets on Blu-ray. Items packaged together.
Would be wonderful if those 6 episodes were from Season 1 presented uncut for the first time.
Or episodes from the currently unreleased Seasons 4 and 5 for that matter.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I hate that Disney uses Coupons.com to print the coupon. I can understand why, since it's harder to duplicate, but still...it never has worked for me before. :( If I can't get it to print, I might just buy the DVD-only version...
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

black cauldron85 wrote:
I hate that Disney uses Coupons.com to print the coupon
I used the Best Buy coupon that was in their ad. Don't know if this site is the same you are talking about. It prompled me to install a link to my printer and that took about two minutes and then I printed three coupons and was in line at 9 a.m. this morning to my prizes.

Three Collectible Lunch Box "Muppets" at $17.99, after coupon: $57.74 out the door. The lunch box is cool, but I don't like how Disney packaged the film. The DVD and Digital copy are on side stacked on each other, and the Blu-ray is the first you see when opening the case.

Some one will have to show me how to the download because I want the soundtrack to play in my computer and I want to burn a CD-R to play in the car.

Those of you who are silly enough to wait for Amazon to come down in price are going to be waiting for a long time. Why not get up off your butt and get yourself to a Best Buy or Target and pick up this release and get the extra bonuses that come with the package?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

dvdjunkie wrote: Those of you who are silly enough to wait for Amazon to come down in price are going to be waiting for a long time. Why not get up off your butt and get yourself to a Best Buy or Target and pick up this release and get the extra bonuses that come with the package?
Because I have a pre-order with Amazon that has been locked in with coupon since December. The order is paid entirely by gift cards, making it so I don't have to pay a penny out of pocket. I'm pretty much broke right now, so I can't really afford to cancel my Amazon order just so I can get one of the exclusives.

Plus Amazon lowered their price today, so no more waiting.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

KACENAID wrote:Because I have a pre-order with Amazon that has been locked in with coupon since December. The order is paid entirely by gift cards, making it so I don't have to pay a penny out of pocket. I'm pretty much broke right now, so I can't really afford to cancel my Amazon order just so I can get one of the exclusives.

Plus Amazon lowered their price today, so no more waiting.
I'm right there with you, KACENAID. I've used two gift cards on it and have had it pre-ordered since December, too. Plus, I don't really need any of the exclusives either (though I understand their meaning, they're kind of useless to me). I don't think we're lazy because we don't have to have it the first day it's released...
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I got the Wacka Wacka Edition @ Target w. Blu Ray, DVD and Digital Copy (which is now on my samsung tablet for watching in two days) and Target's goody was a bonus disc with episodes of the original muppet show. :D

I don't mind installing that little thing to print coupons...I print grocery coupons, too. But since it doesn't ususally work for me w/ firefox, I use Google Chrome to print it.

I may watch the movie later or wait til I watch it on my tablet.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

jediliz wrote:I got the Wacka Wacka Edition @ Target w. Blu Ray, DVD and Digital Copy (which is now on my samsung tablet for watching in two days) and Target's goody was a bonus disc with episodes of the original muppet show. :D
Do you know what episodes/guest stars are on the bonus disc? And if there are any from Season 1, are they still the cut versions or not?
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

jediliz wrote:I got the Wacka Wacka Edition @ Target w. Blu Ray, DVD and Digital Copy (which is now on my samsung tablet for watching in two days) and Target's goody was a bonus disc with episodes of the original muppet show. :D
Cool, but I bought mine from target too, the Wocka Wocka edition, and it didn't come with the extra disc of Muppet's episodes.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

This morning, I bought mine at Target to get the bonus disc of six Muppet Show episodes. Only some (probably less than half) of the boxes on the shelves had the bonus disc. They had a sticker on the front stating so. They were kind of mixed together with the regular copies, and if you didn't notice the difference of having a sticker or not, one could easily assume they were all the same. I think it's silly for not having the bonus disc at least in the entire initial shipment.