Epic Mickey

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

A lot of the really dark art was to test Disney's limits and see where they'd let them go.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hey, if all of these dark elements WERE in the game, what do you suppose the rating would be? The most extreme I can think of, especially for a Disney game at its darkest, would most likely be T. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time a Disney game got a T rating.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DisneyJedi wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I seem to remember a news story where the makers of the game originally ment for Mickey to full on turn into a rat when he was "bad Mickey." They ended up toning it down to what we have instead.
You mean Scrapper Mickey?
Yes.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Epic Mickey

Post by Sotiris »

Epic Mickey is getting a remake.
An exciting piece of news from the presentation was the reveal that THQNordic and Purple Lamp are launching Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed, a faithful remake of the beloved classic adventure, in collaboration with Disney Games. Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed is scheduled for release across PS4™, PS5™, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2024.

The development team was assisted in the remaster by Warren Spector, director of the original Disney Epic Mickey. In this classic action-adventure game, players will send Mickey Mouse, armed with a magical paintbrush, on an epic creative journey to brave the dangerous world of Wasteland. Players will be summoning their creativity and sense of discovery as Mickey Mouse when they find themselves drawn into Wasteland – another world from Disney’s creative pen! Wasteland is ruled by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, one of several Disney creations of the past that players can look forward to interacting with in Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed. Players will determine how their in-game story develops through the use of paint and thinner, facing enemies, overcoming challenges, and meeting new friends along the way.
Source: https://d23.com/relive-beloved-classics ... ollection/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage