Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures

Post by disneyboy20022 »

There's been a lot of speculation among fans that - this being the 30th anniversary of the original Raiders of the Lost Ark - the Indiana Jones Trilogy would be released this year. But as you may recall, I've reported that this was unlikely, because Lucasfilm had already set the Star Wars Saga for Blu-ray release in late 2011, and it would be bad business for the company to allow their two biggest franchises to come out on Blu-ray in the same holiday season and thus compete with one another. And indeed, our industry sources have now confirmed to us that the classic Indy films are being prepped for release on the format in 2012 instead.
http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Keeping in mind that "Star Wars" is coming out the end of this year, that would make sense to release Indy next year. Now, let us hope news of the final film is connected to this release!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Let me guess, just like with Alien and Jurassic Park, you have to buy all the movies (even the ones you absolutely hate). Half a year later when they release them individually, they will be barebones. They love screwing over the fans, don't they?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

jpanimation wrote:Let me guess, just like with Alien and Jurassic Park, you have to buy all the movies (even the ones you absolutely hate). Half a year later when they release them individually, they will be barebones. They love screwing over the fans, don't they?
I think this is the way it ought to be. If there is a series that is already completed, it should be released together. Only together. Like Lord of the Rings, for instance. I wish they would stop releasing them individually. It's part of a bigger story, and should be thought of in that sense. At least that's my opinion.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

jpanimation wrote:Let me guess, just like with Alien and Jurassic Park, you have to buy all the movies (even the ones you absolutely hate). Half a year later when they release them individually, they will be barebones. They love screwing over the fans, don't they?
If you're referring to the Blu-ray release of the Alien Anthology, it's a bit difficult to release it with bonus material since all of it (apart from the audio commentaries and isolated scores) are on two separate Blu-rays. The separate DVD releases of the Quadrilogy box set had two discs, with one holding the documentaries.
And Jurassic Park isn't even out yet on Blu-ray (and wasn't bare bones on DVD). So I don't really get your complaints about these releases.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I get it. Mind you for most of the series in question, I like all the films, even the not as good ones, so this doesn't apply to me per say. That said, most film series aren't like "Lord of the Rings." You can in fact enjoy "Back to the Future" or "Raider of the Lost Ark" without the other films in those series, and many do. In fact, as I have found, there are a number of fans that are only fans to individual films that are part of bigger series. So, yes, I can see how they may be a bit grumpy having to buy films they may not care about to get to the films they really do care about.

I agree, most of the studio could care less about the fans of the various film series. They are more interested in you paying for them over and over again and still not ever be satisfied with what you payed for. Because you see, if you ever were, you may not feel the need to shell out big bucks again down the line for that film, and that is just horrid for the studios. So, fan are and will always be strung along in order to make sure they keep shelling out money. In a lot of ways, the Hollywood studio's business plain isn't so different from how drug dealers do business.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Indiana Jones on Blu-Ray Fall 2012

Post by Barbossa »

No time for love Dr. Jones! 8)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gDqslyoWiFo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Bond and Indy in fall 2012, gonna be an expensive autumn. :shock: :D
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

You just KNOW you're going to have people complaining about the fourth movie being included (I can take it or leave it personally). I will only buy if the features are worthwhile.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Just like with the Alien set, I only want two of them (Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull suck). I hate being forced into buying movies I don’t want.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Wow....I know my partner will be drooling all over this...!!

And we haven't even watched the Jurassic Park and Star Wars boxes yet.

For myself, I can't wait for the Jaws boxset, but it probably is just going to be part one on blu.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Khonnor wrote:For myself, I can't wait for the Jaws boxset, but it probably is just going to be part one on blu.
God I hope so
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I actually really like Jaws 2, and with a lot of booze can enjoy 3 and 4. :lol:

Over here the Alien movies have been released separately after a couple of months after the box release, and I'm sure they're gonna do so for Jurassic Park and Indiania Jones, for those who prefer just 1 or 2 of the movies.

For me, I just want the most complete collections.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

^I don't hate 2 - after all, it inspired the finale to the ride - but I really only want the first one.

Also, they released Alien separate over hear too but they're unfortunately barebones when compared to the box set.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I hope they sell these separate, eventually. I really only want to upgrade Raiders and Crusade to Blu-ray.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »