DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 47  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1839
So is the US getting One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Tarzan? I hope we don't have to wait a year and a half for them like we did with Dumbo, as these are two that I'd really love to own (more so then Pocahontas or The Rescuers).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
jpanimation wrote:
So is the US getting One Hundred and One Dalmatians or Tarzan? I hope we don't have to wait a year and a half for them like we did with Dumbo, as these are two that I'd really love to own.


tarzan will probably be released earlier in Europe but there is still hope for 101 Dalmatians


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:53 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1839
I'm not holding my breath for either :(

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:41 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
UK release date 26th March
[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarzan-Blu-ray/dp/B007453GYG?tag=bluraycom-21"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarzan-Blu-ray/dp/B007453GYG[/url]

credit goes to KingSimba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 am
Posts: 498
Location: The Anthill
Tarzan's date in the UK has been changed to May 21.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 1:07 pm
Posts: 10
Location: London, England
There are a number of “problem children” among the DAC’s that show no sign of being released on Blu-Ray any time soon. It seems to me they can be divided into four distinct groups:

Group 1: The six package features of the 1940s.

Group 2: Six titles from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s (Sword in the Stone, Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh, Robin Hood, Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective and Oliver & Co).

Group 3: Three titles from the latter part of the 90’s renaissance (Hunchback, Hercules and Mulan).

Group 4: The six traditionally animated titles of the early 2000s (Emperor’s New Groove, Atlantis, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range).

For what it’s worth, there are six of these titles that I feel we have a reasonable chance of seeing on Blu before the end of 2013:

Mulan and Lilo (both were given 2-disc “Special Edition” DVD re-releases, as were the coming-soon-to-Blu Pocahontas and Tarzan (of course, the latter was 1-disc only in US and is still awaiting its US Blu release confirmation).

Emperor’s New Groove (was deemed worthy of a DVD re-release, a TV-spin off and a cheapquel, so if anything from the early 2000’s Dark Ages other than Lilo might make it to Blu sooner then it could be this one.)

Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood (they both had multiple VHS and DVD releases so someone out there keeps buying them. If any pre-CAPS, Xerox-era titles might be regarded as being worth the restoration expense it is probably these ones).

Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh (the “Mini Adventures” suggest the restoration has already happened. Original voices please…)

So does anyone have a different take on which of the “problem children” will make it to Blu first, and why?

I would love it if someone could persuade me that Hunchback and Hercules are being quietly lined up for 2013 but I fear it’s just not going to happen…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 am
Posts: 498
Location: The Anthill
Snoops wrote:
Mulan and Lilo (both were given 2-disc “Special Edition” DVD re-releases, as were the coming-soon-to-Blu Pocahontas and Tarzan (of course, the latter was 1-disc only in US and is still awaiting its US Blu release confirmation).

I would love it if someone could persuade me that Hunchback and Hercules are being quietly lined up for 2013 but I fear it’s just not going to happen…


I do believe that in time all DAC will have a re-release in some shape or form. I did expect Lilo to be released this year, but wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be next year. I also expect Hunchback, Hercules and Mulan to be released either in 2013 or 2014.

Tarzan DID have a 2-disc Collector's Edition in the US, the re-release was a 1-disc though, so don't know if that's what you meant.

We're getting A LOT of DAC on blu-ray this year, compared to other years IMO, so I imagine there will be the same amount of releases next year, if not more.

2012:
1. Cinderella
2. Lady And The Tramp
3. 101 Dalmatians
4. The Aristocats
5. The Rescuers
6. The Rescuers Down Under
7. Pocahontas
8. Tarzan

If they keep releasing 8 to 10 DAC a year, we'll have them all by the end of 2015 on Blu-Ray.

Hopefully. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 758
This news just came in:

http://www.mubis.es/noticias/tarzan-poc ... en-blu-ray

Pocahontas, The Fox and the Hound and Tarzan will be released on May; as singles and in packs in Spain in May 9.


Last edited by DC Fan on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
DC Fan wrote:
This news just came in:

http://www.mubis.es/noticias/tarzan-poc ... en-blu-ray

Pocahontas, The Fox and the Hound and Tarzan will be released on May; as singles and in packs in Spain.


good news for you! why they are releasing all these at the exact same time is beyond me though :/ :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:37 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 758
Lnds500 wrote:
DC Fan wrote:
This news just came in:

http://www.mubis.es/noticias/tarzan-poc ... en-blu-ray

Pocahontas, The Fox and the Hound and Tarzan will be released on May; as singles and in packs in Spain.


good news for you! why they are releasing all these at the exact same time is beyond me though :/ :?


Don´t have a clue.

Don´t know Greece but here Disney is not as appreciated as in the US. Asides from the Diamond releases you barely know when Special Editions come out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Athens, Greece
DC Fan wrote:
Don´t know Greece but here Disney is not as appreciated as in the US. Asides from the Diamond releases you barely know when Special Editions come out.


No, not at all. Our releases don't even have booklets. Just the occasional trailer. The "official release info" for all Disney BDs (and others) is published 2 weeks before the actual release -.- Lame. Internet FTW


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 52
Snoops wrote:
There are a number of “problem children” among the DAC’s that show no sign of being released on Blu-Ray any time soon. It seems to me they can be divided into four distinct groups:

Group 1: The six package features of the 1940s.

Group 2: Six titles from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s (Sword in the Stone, Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh, Robin Hood, Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective and Oliver & Co).

Group 3: Three titles from the latter part of the 90’s renaissance (Hunchback, Hercules and Mulan).

Group 4: The six traditionally animated titles of the early 2000s (Emperor’s New Groove, Atlantis, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range).

For what it’s worth, there are six of these titles that I feel we have a reasonable chance of seeing on Blu before the end of 2013:

Mulan and Lilo (both were given 2-disc “Special Edition” DVD re-releases, as were the coming-soon-to-Blu Pocahontas and Tarzan (of course, the latter was 1-disc only in US and is still awaiting its US Blu release confirmation).

Emperor’s New Groove (was deemed worthy of a DVD re-release, a TV-spin off and a cheapquel, so if anything from the early 2000’s Dark Ages other than Lilo might make it to Blu sooner then it could be this one.)

Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood (they both had multiple VHS and DVD releases so someone out there keeps buying them. If any pre-CAPS, Xerox-era titles might be regarded as being worth the restoration expense it is probably these ones).

Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh (the “Mini Adventures” suggest the restoration has already happened. Original voices please…)

So does anyone have a different take on which of the “problem children” will make it to Blu first, and why?

I would love it if someone could persuade me that Hunchback and Hercules are being quietly lined up for 2013 but I fear it’s just not going to happen…


Group 1: None yet

Group 2: Have the first four, still need to get Detective and Oliver.

Group 3. Hercules only, still need the other two.*

Group 4: None yet.

*I actaully ordered Hunchback about a year or so ago from a third party seller, but the order got canceled. Dad offered to help me order another copy, but I was so peeved at spending $10+ for a non-materialized order that I said no.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 8011
Thanks for the new info, everyone. I've updated the first post.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 am
Posts: 498
Location: The Anthill
Here's what I think/predict we'll be seeing the next couple of years...hopefully! Just for fun....:

2012

1. Cinderella - Diamond Edition (and a 3-Movie Collection)
2. Lady and the Tramp - Diamond Edition
3. 101 Dalmatians - 2-Movie Collection
4. The Aristocats - Special Edition
5. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 35th Anniversary (DVD Only?)
6. The Rescuers & The Rescuers Down Under - 35th Anniversary 2-Movie Collection
8. Pocahontas - 2-Movie Collection
9. Tarzan - 2-Movie Collection

2013

01. Saludos Amigos & The Three Caballeros - 70th Anniversary 2-Movie Collection
03. The Sword in the Stone - 50th Anniversary
04. Robin Hood - 40th Anniversary
05. Oliver & Company - 25th Anniversary
06. The Little Mermaid - Diamond Edition (+ 3-Movie Collection)
07. Aladdin - Diamond Edition (+ 3-Movie Collection)
08. Mulan - 15th Anniversary 2-Movie Collection
09. Lilo & Stitch - 2-Movie Collection
10. Brother Bear - 2-Movie Collection
11. Wreck-It-Ralph

2014

01. Make Mine Music & Fun and Fancy Free - 2-Movie Collection
03. Peter Pan - Diamond Edition (+ 2-Movie Collection)
04. The Jungle Book - Diamond Edition (+ 2-Movie Collection)
05. The Hunchback of Notre Dame - 2-Movie Collection
06. Hercules - Special Edition
07. Home On The Range - Special Edition
08. Frozen

2015

01. Pinocchio - Diamond Edition
02. Melody Time & Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - 2-Movie Collection
04. Sleeping Beauty - Diamond Edition
05. The Black Cauldron - 30th Anniversary
06. The Great Mouse Detective - Special Edition
07. The Emperor's New Groove - 15th Anniversary 2-Movie Collection
08. Atlantis: The Lost Empire - 2-Movie Collection
09. Treasure Planet - Special Edition
10. tba

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 758
¿Hunchback in Spain in October?

When was this? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 8011
DC Fan wrote:
Hunchback in Spain in October?


Here is the source although I'm not sure how reliable it is.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 758
Sotiris wrote:
DC Fan wrote:
Hunchback in Spain in October?


Here is the source although I'm not sure how reliable it is.


Thanks.

Won´t take it in consideration then since I know the site and of course, we all know Hunchback is not a Platinum tittle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 am
Posts: 105
Location: Germany
Additional bonus features from Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh were rated for Germany. I don't know what they're called in English, maybe "Little/Short Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" (totally around 22 minutes). So I guess it will be released in Germany after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:02 pm
Posts: 4196
Location: one with the wind and sky
Jäger-Rose wrote:
Additional bonus features from Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh were rated for Germany. I don't know what they're called in English, maybe "Little/Short Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" (totally around 22 minutes). So I guess it will be released in Germany after all.

Sounds like "The Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." :)

_________________
Image Blu-rays! The artist formerly known as enigmawing.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 8011
Jäger-Rose wrote:
So I guess it will be released in Germany after all.


Only on DVD?

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 47  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DVDBuff1, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group