My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

An Update for everyone regarding this literal thorn in my side for about 5 months now saga

no one knows what my belly pain is or what's causing it, but now the pain has extended to part of my back. I think it's a nerve pain. They gave me some sorta injections that has the same medicine as those lame Liteoderm numbing patches, but the injections go directly in....wear with the patches......

Also I weighed today at 397 pounds, however I haven't done anything to lose it. I haven't tried anything.Also I've not been eating at all lately, because it hurts my belly and it's hard to swallow certain foods. I'm sorta loosing pounds like nothing. Right now we're to the point, we don't care what it's called, we need pain management. It wears me out this pain. Although these 3 little injections are helping a lot. I'm in less pain than I've ever been in in these past 5 months. That though won't last forever. I see my primary doctor this Thursday Pray or keep me in your thoughts......and thank you all for your support.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

At least the shots are helping ease the pain in the meantime. :) Good luck with your doctor.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:At least the shots are helping ease the pain in the meantime. :) Good luck with your doctor.
Yeah....my doctor can't see past a 3 letter word that describes my appearance, (a lot of doctors have that issue) Fat. He came out with some crap my medicine is doing it, which makes no sense (the psych pill I'm on we have tried to take off....very grump I get...though a work through that might happen in January.(This doctor hasn't known me, and I feel he's a bit cynical.) I brought a reminder list of things to talk about and he said we'll only be looking at 3 of the 6 things on the list, to which my head lately with this has been like the emote :brick:

So I'm going to see a differ doctor. My fiancee sees this other doctor. However my mom contacted the Admin who we have talked to at Carle, since all this is rather....well unusual and all. Thankfully the admin is very kind and nice, and understands stuff. Like I feel like i'm going in Circles for 5 months. However, this morning....my mom found a syndrome or belly nerve type of problem (which usually doesn't work, and she knows it too, due to being a nurse for 20 years and now is retired with two 70 degree curves in her spine.) This time, though, this medical issue makes so much sense and describes everything to a T. It hurts to laugh, so my body won't let me unless it's so funny I can't help it, then Pain ensues on my upper left side of my belly. Also coughing hurts it was well. My fiancee has even said, i've lost my laugh, and i'm grumpy now more, and I hardly laugh.

Well There is something called Intercostal Neuralgia, which I'll post some the symptoms in some quotes, and that is what I have, there is no doubt in my mind
Intercostal neuralgia is a rare condition that causes pain along the intercostal nerves. Intercostal nerves are located between your ribs. Ribs are long, slender bones that curve around your chest to create your rib cage. The top 10 ribs on both sides of your body attach to your thoracic (midback) spine and breastbone (sternum). The bottom two ribs attach to your spine, but not to your breastbone. These ribs are sometimes called the “floating” ribs. The intercostal areas between the ribs contain muscles and nerves. These intercostal nerves can become damaged or inflamed due to a variety of diseases, disorders and conditions, resulting in intercostal neuralgia.
Now here's where it gets more specific and dead on to the cause or symptoms, given I've had some trigger point injections by another doctor, since the one I go to doesn't do that sorta thing, and he's a very good doctor for saying he's not good at that.

Intercostal neuralgia may produce sporadic episodes of acute pain or pain that is dull and constant. The pain is often described as stabbing, tearing, sharp, spasm-like, tender, aching or gnawing. It typically feels like the pain wraps around your upper chest in a band-like pattern. The pain may intensify during exertion or with sudden movements involving the upper chest, such as coughing or laughing.

Intercostal neuralgia is often associated with injury or inflammation of the nerves, muscles, cartilage and ligaments in the rib cage and middle spine area. Common causes of intercostal neuralgia include pregnancy, tumors, chest or rib injury, surgery to the chest or organs in the chest cavity, and shingles. Shingles can attack nerves in the chest and upper back.

Intercostal neuralgia may be preventable and is often treatable. Seek prompt and regular medical care to minimize the risk of developing shingles, one common cause of intercostal neuralgia, and to diagnose and treat other causes as soon as possible.

That's it to a T :jawdrop:

Now the
In some cases, intercostal neuralgia can cause severe, debilitating pain that makes it difficult to move and breathe effectively. In addition, pain in the rib cage area may be caused by a condition other than intercostal neuralgia that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. A heart attack is an example. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have unexplained, severe pain in your rib cage, chest pain, a crushing feeling or pressure in your chest, severe shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or a change in consciousness.
I have been having a change in my mind lately, it's hard for me to find my words to speak, or if someone asks me a question, it takes a few minutes for me to think of it, process it, and respond with a studdering type of voice. to the point it sounds like I'm in the same speaking acting voice of Jeff Goldblum . .

Here's a link to more info about it. This in no doubt in my mind is the thing I have.

http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/i ... -neuralgia

http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/i ... a/symptoms

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I am so with you on all that you are going through, and hope that you get through all of this with your head held high.

I have a question though. Has any one talked to you about what you are eating, or what you aren't eating? Have you brought this up with your doctor? Has any medical person given you a diet to follow, because I have found that with my diabetes I was given all sorts of things to help with what I eat or don't eat and believe I can tell when I don't eat properly, it causes all sorts of things to happen.

We are praying for you and hope that you find something to manage the pain and get your smile and laugh back.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:I am so with you on all that you are going through, and hope that you get through all of this with your head held high.

I have a question though. Has any one talked to you about what you are eating, or what you aren't eating? Have you brought this up with your doctor? Has any medical person given you a diet to follow, because I have found that with my diabetes I was given all sorts of things to help with what I eat or don't eat and believe I can tell when I don't eat properly, it causes all sorts of things to happen.

We are praying for you and hope that you find something to manage the pain and get your smile and laugh back.
Not really, the doctor has not put me on and specific diet. I have brought up that I've been losing weight when I'm not doing any exercise to do it with logic, and foods, some foods taste horrible lately.....some i've liked the previous day, but the next day, they taste horrible....and it hurt's to eat, literally. I'm probably not drinking enough fluids as well, and the know that, but the doctors up here I've only had for 2 years, and like my current doctor (I had another in the same building, but we switched due to availability of seeing him, since I need checkup more than once a month. It's crazy....the doctor who I switched to I have now, and he started out great, but now is about, somewhat rude, skeptical regarding that I have Crohn's or any type of colitis is saying it's because I'm fat. The 1st guy I saw for about 5 months did the same. Now we are working with the admin when things come up. I asked my doctor to see a psychologist, and he said that I couldn't see that due to she has to limit her public aid patients she has and probably she wouldn't see me nor would I need to see her.

5 months of this belly pain and doctor's saying 5 differ things, wouldn't drive me crazy at all, with having asperger syndrome and a history of depression...maybe this doctor's a genius (that's the quote "logic" I've dealt with all my life....it's crazy :brick:

Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Hold your head high.

I'm thinking of you :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

All right, It's been a few months since my last update regarding this strange pain that pretty much has been here now for 6 months in counting

It's getting a lot worse, I haven't seen my doctor yet, due to he has been sick.

In Wisconsin, The Pain hurt a lot. I don't think anyone realized how badly this pain is, and how miserable I was and still am. I gotta keep going, finding an answer. The pain in my left upper side has now spread to my back, some days my entire back is numb, even my legs and my whole body from my neck down feels numb. One theory is it could be my back, a herniated disc, or possibly a Pinched nerve. Although this didn't start out being a GI thing, (Gastroenterologist) it very well could be now. I burp sometimes, and it smells like, well very literally crap, and even worse on my part, I taste it when I burped. I have done this i the past before when My Crohn's was acting up. I haven't not seen a GI doctor and I now weigh 375 pounds, and. I am barely eating, due to my pain seems to increase when I eat, though I make sure I'm drinking fluids.

Although, there are a couple things that on a plus side has happened. I saw my pulmonologist (sleep doctor) and he asked if I had seen a GI doctor, we told him we've been here 3 years and we haven't been to Urbana for a GI. I was 400 pounds when I left in December, when I got back, and a week ago I weighed $375. So he said he would refer me to a GI doctor, and I about fell over with joy and hope. I'm seeing a GI Doctor in February and hopefully we can figure something out on the GI part.

Also I saw my neurologist, and I told him about my pain and the numbness, he thinks it could be a pinched nerve or a herniated disc. Pants that fit me a month ago (about 8XL) now feel like I'm wearing a tent. Same thing with the pants, accept they fall off, so I have been getting a few new pants and shirts from thrift stores (about a 4XL or a 5XL for my pants and shirts.) So the neurologist has ordered and MRI and we will go to Saint Louis for it, (same day I see my shrink in that direction too) It's a very massive MRI machine. It fits up to 500 pounds. So hopefully something will show. Also I've been having sometimes this weird flutter in my chest, I get real real dizzy, and I ask for an aspirin, and I chew it first, then drink something I begin to pop back to life. I told the 2 doctors I saw about that, and they ordered some sorta heart check thing, It's something called an Echo, which is kinda of like a super version of an ultra sound.

i

Also What I did on the Tonight show with Jay Leno, I haven't been able to do that in years. A few days ago I did that same talent that I did many eons ago when I was 18. I'll be 25 in March. I am glad I'm losing weight, it just in my life, whenever something settled or a fix to something medical, it takes a nose dive so to speak, or like where's the catch....so I remain cautiously optimistic, however this Pain has greatly intensified.

Keep me in your prayers and thoughts, and the doctors as well as my family.

Disney's Divinity

Our medical system really sucks if it takes this long just to meet with the right people for an examination. :o It must be horrible going from doctor to doctor like this. Good luck with the GI doctor.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

It's good to hear an update, Michael, even if the news is somewhat mixed. Hang in there, friend, and I will continue to pray for you!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm sorry to hear that your stomach is still hurting :(

I wish you all the best, and hope that things will get better soon.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So the pain is getting worse, and they think the GI doctor will help? Or is the machine that they think will help? So they have to see if something will show.

Yea I am also really sorry it's taking this long to find the right people to see to find out the stuff that's going wrong. If only you or someone could demand you see someone really soon.

I am however glad that you can do that underwear trick again! It's a pretty cool and original talent! :thumb:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:So the pain is getting worse, and they think the GI doctor will help? Or is the machine that they think will help? So they have to see if something will show.

Yea I am also really sorry it's taking this long to find the right people to see to find out the stuff that's going wrong. If only you or someone could demand you see someone really soon.

I am however glad that you can do that underwear trick again! It's a pretty cool and original talent! :thumb:
I've been having so GI problems lately, as I have in the past when something acts up. These are new doctors, I've only known them for 3 years, so telling my back story and they have not seen how far I've come from in mentally handling things, and how I've gone through a lot of things that most 24 year old people, have never gone through. (i miss continuity) But right now I cannot let myself obsess over why shoulda coulda woulda, I'm under too much press to allow my mind to do that. What we focus on now, is just finding out what's going on with this pain. My primary doctor has not been there, due to some family emergencies.

Pray for my family and the love of my life, as all of this stress is building up on them too.

Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Rest assured that I'm thinking of your loved ones as well disneyboy :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

disneyboy20022 wrote:What we focus on now, is just finding out what's going on with this pain.
That is the best thing to do, because even if there is coulda shoulda woulda, you know it and they don't have to know it, what they need to do is make you better asap!

I'll pray for both you and your family of loved ones.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:What we focus on now, is just finding out what's going on with this pain.
That is the best thing to do, because even if there is coulda shoulda woulda, you know it and they don't have to know it, what they need to do is make you better asap!

I'll pray for both you and your family of loved ones.
As my Mom said (She's Disabled Retired RN)

,It's time to either shit or get off the pot (referring the doctors/medical etc the doctors. )

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well, it's time for an update.

Okay, I went to the doctor on Thursday since I haven't seen him in 2 months. He turned into a Jack Whole. I have contacted the Admin, who I've talked to and met on stuff regarding this, and I am switching doctors to the same one my fiance has....

And then Yesterday the MRI happened.

It was loud, they put a radio station on (I asked for a 99.1, A christian station I saw online in the Saint Louis Area) and it took an hour for it to be completed. However they had to do a few more since I guess I moved (my belly throbbing didn't help from this Pain) So the MRI guy came in and said very nicely that we need to figure something out to get the last 2 pictures. I told him to tie my feet down (they were moving, and my Asperger Autism wasn't helping me half way into it. They asked if I wanted some oxygen, which I said yes to. They gave me some to breath through my nose. When the MRI was done, I felt like a million dollars. Which I came to the conclusion it was the oxygen I had that made me calm (my Bipap/Cpap doesn't give oxygen, it just helps me breathe better.) So that's something I will for sure bring up to my Pulmonary doctor. Unfortunately within about 2 hours later, the pain came back. Also this still might be a mix of a pinched nerve, and some sorta GI issue.

So keep my family and myself and especially my Fiance in your thoughts and prayers. I imagine I'll know what the results of the MRI buy next week

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh man I am so sorry your doctor turned out to be a jackhole. Doctors...they're supposed to be caring, but I guess all that work is so constant and tiring and hard on them they don't want to do what it takes after a point. We probably need way more doctors in the world to take the load off.

I'm glad you got your MRI, and that getting oxyden seemed to help you feel better! Yes, tell any doctor or anyone that you can about it because you need to do whatever makes you feel better!

I wish they could get to the root of figure out and fixing if you have a pinched nerve or whatever. I will keep praying for you as I do, and I'll try to remember to extend it to your family and fiance. Is your fiance okay, or do you just want us to pray for her because you love her so much? ;)
Disney's Divinity

I hope you'll find out everything you need soon. Maybe you'll be able to get some kind of oxygen machine to help with the pain right now.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm sorry to hear about your Doctor being an arsehole :evil:

I wish you and your Family all the best in regards to the results of your MRI scan. You must be feeling quite disenheartened, but hang in there :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I can relate in some way . . . went through an absolutely atrocious experience recently at the ER, due to the horrible way the head nurse treated me. :(

Hang in there! Hope they get things figured out for you so you can feel better. :)