Epic Mickey 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:Thanks for posting Sotiris.
No problem! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In this newsletter by Disney France where it showcases products and properties of 2011 and upcoming ones from 2012, you can spot the cover art for Epic Mickey 2.

fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

wow thank you sotiris!

I think the rummers for next years blu-ray is true
If you look closely you can see the pictures of:

Cinderella
Lady and the tramp
101 dalmations
pocahontas
and lilo and stitch

I hope this is true, that these would be released in blu-ray next year! :)
fatcaketom.blogspot.com
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

They picked the best cover! The one that goes best with the first game's!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

fatcake wrote:Wow, thank you Sotiris!
Don't mention it! :wink:
Last edited by Sotiris on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Confirmation of a multi-console sequel to Epic Mickey popped up seemingly by accident in a Disney newsletter. This information comes form an article on StitchKingdom.com, and though they offered links to the newsletter in question, the information about Epic Mickey 2 no longer seems to be present. The article on Stitch Kingdom was also removed. It is probably an issue of information being accidentally placed in the newsletter, and then quickly removed. In any case, here's what the newsletter is supposed to have said.

The newsletter said that Epic Mickey 2 should be releasing Fall 2012, will be multi-console, and feature co-op. The newsletter had the following description of the game:

"Disney Epic Mickey 2 is the latest game in the critically acclaimed Disney Epic Mickey videogame series. In this all-new action-platforming game available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii, Mickey embarks on an epic journey and is pulled back into a world filled with Disney’s forgotten characters. Players can choose to play single-player as Mickey or for the first time players can also choose 2-player split screen mode. In the 2 player mode one person can play as Mickey wielding magic paint and paint thinner to dynamically change the world and the second player can play as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit – Walt Disney’s first cartoon star – with the power to fly like a helicopter and use electricity to fight or friend enemies and solve challenges. Team-up and choose your path to save this forgotten world because the choices you make will alter the story and change the end of the game!"
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -year.aspx
Last edited by Sotiris on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

So Epic Mickey 2 will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as well? That's great. And it's a 2 player game? That's even better!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It's kind of dumb to make the sequel multi-console, but not the original. Who would buy the sequel if they aren't able to play the first one? :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:It's kind of dumb to make the sequel multi-console, but not the original. Who would buy the sequel if they aren't able to play the first one? :lol:
It must function pretty independently from the original then. I'm interested to hear more info of what the story line might be! I love the original game! :)
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I will be sounding like a broken record now, but thank you Sotiris for the new information.
singerguy04 wrote:It must function pretty independently from the original then.
Hmm...interesting. I hope the Mad Doctor returns and that the few flaws from the first game are sorted out.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:I will be sounding like a broken record now, but thank you Sotiris for the new information.
You're welcome! :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The game is set for a Christmas 2012 release.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/wii/disney_ep ... equel.html
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

^ :party:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next game from famed designer Warren Spector will be revealed on March 27, according to an event invitation sent to French fan site Nintendo-Master. The invitation sent to the site from Disney France indicates that on March 27, Spector will take the wraps off an "epic project." No mention was made concerning what will be shown at the event, and as of press time, Disney had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment.

The wording of the tease points to an announcement of a sequel to the Wii-exclusive Epic Mickey. That game launched in 2010 and fell short with critics, but it went on to sell over 1.3 million units during its first month. Spector defended the game, saying, "I will go to my grave, imperfect as it is, proud as hell of my camera team. If reviewers want to give us a hard time about it because they're misunderstanding the game we made, it's not for me to tell them that they're wrong, absolutely not."
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/disney-rev ... rt-6364846
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

Warren Spector (the creator of Epic Mickey) and his wife are friends of mine....I can promise you he has some amazing things in store for this game!
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Hungry Hobos and Poop Papa should be bonus cartoons in Epic Mickey 2. I'm not to sure how won the bid back in December but I do hope it was Disney even if it hasn't been confirmed any where.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hmm. I haven't been on the up and up, so tell me. Is this one said to be darker and grittier than the first game? Because I'm sure the first one was supposed to be that way, judging by the concept art.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/16/ep ... er-camera/
Q: Okay. So I’m sure there are things, though, that you would have liked to have included or to improve upon, and I know you haven’t officially announced anything, but most people are assuming that it’s coming. So for the hypothetical sequel that may or may not happen, what things would you like to improve upon for Epic Mickey?

Warren Spector: With Mickey 1, we built a team – we went from 13 people to about 180. We built a studio, we built a tech base, we built a world… we did about everything you can do wrong in video game development. We tried to do everything at once. And so I’m really proud of the first Epic Mickey game. If I were to do it again, there are clearly things that we had to cut and things we could have done better. The number one thing I get asked is, “Why can’t I play this on my platform, damn it?” So if I were to do another one – now that we’ve reintroduced Mickey as a video game hero on the right platform, which was the Wii – I think we’ve got other people intrigued. There are now more PS3s and 360s in sort of “family hands,” let’s put it that way. So I think the time would be right to get the game on other platforms.

The second thing I get asked is “you made a game that appeals to adults and kids equally,” which is true by the way and was one of our goals, so “Why can’t I play together? Why can’t I play with my son and why can’t I play with my mother? Why I can’t play with my friends?” So, I would probably do co-op. I would definitely address player concerns about the camera. That was the number one complaint we heard, but I will defend to the death the quality of the work my camera team did on that first game; there is a whole GDC talk about that sometime, too. The camera in the first game was an amazing piece of work that people don’t appreciate. We took the hardest problem in gaming and then made it even harder through our game mechanics – which people don’t get – but we know we could do better. And so I would do that and I would do full voice. I mean I made a decision on the first game not to have characters speak. It was a mistake and I would fix that.

Q: Maybe Nintendo will take you up on that advice for Zelda…

Warren Spector: No that’s exactly why – There are two reasons why I didn’t do full voice. I mean the one is Oswald’s a silent film star, and if he can’t talk no one will. I thought that was funny. And I wanted not just to honor Disney history, but I wanted to honor the Zelda games, the Mario games, the Japanese RPGs that I love, none of which use full voice. But what I didn’t think through was these are Disney characters. No one expects Mario to talk, no one expects Link to talk. Everyone expects Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, the Mad Doctor… everybody expects those guys to talk and I let them down. So, we are going to fix that if we have ever do another game.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Apparently a 3DS version or a companion game to the console Epic Mickey 2 is coming out. In a nod to the Mickey games of old, the subtitle is "Power of Illusion"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/34 ... ek-report/
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

http://www.boston.com/business/technolo ... ideo_game/
Warren Spector realizes that he made a mistake with "Epic Mickey," his 2010 action-adventure game starring the world's most famous mouse

Despite his insistence on crafting an interactive homage to the silent cartoons that inspired him to create "Epic Mickey," the veteran designer admits that the game's characters should have actually spoken.

Spector, the mastermind behind such games as "Deus Ex" and "Thief," now is more than fixing that flub with "Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two." He's not only tapped voice actors to portray the game's colorful cast, he's also making the sequel a musical. Jim Dooley and Mike Himelstein, the composer and lyricist who wrote the music for the upcoming animated film "Dorothy of Oz," are crafting original tunes for "Epic Mickey 2."

"I'm such a geek about musicals," said Spector at the recent Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, where he was honored with a lifetime achievement award. "I love the co-op and next-gen stuff, but for me, when a character breaks into song, which they do on a regular basis in this game, it's magic."

That includes Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, the zany predecessor to Mickey Mouse co-created by Walt Disney but lost in a 1928 contract dispute. Oswald returned to Disney's control in 2006 and had a starring role in the first "Epic Mickey." Oswald, who never uttered a word in a Disney cartoon, will be portrayed in "Epic Mickey 2" by veteran voice actor Frank Welker.

"I couldn't be more pleased," said Walt Disney Co. archive director Becky Cline, who has been uncovering Oswald's past and working with Spector on including more of the rabbit in the sequel. "Once you give a character a voice, it takes it to a whole new level. I can't wait for the public to see it and embrace Oswald the way that we have over the years in the archive."

Oswald is also getting in on the action this time as a playable character who joins the mouse's side in a new cooperative mode. Mickey will again wield a brush powered by magical paint and thinner, while Oswald is armed with a remote control that has the power to command electricity. Spector said the pair will have to work together to overcome obstacles.

"It's drop-in, drop-out co-op," said Spector. "You can sit down at any time with a friend who is playing as Mickey, and you can take control of Oswald. If you're playing as a single player, Oswald will be there every second of the game. He's not just a multiplayer character. He's a helper, whether you're playing alone or with a friend or family member."

After reintroducing Oswald and weaving his past into the storyline of the first game, Spector hopes Oswald's larger part wins the rabbit more fans. It's an unprecedented virtual push for a Disney character that most adults -- let alone children -- haven't been watching on TV, wearing on their backpack or taking their photo with at a theme park for the past 40 years.
"Epic Mickey 2" finds Mickey back in Wasteland, a twisted take on Disneyland filled with forgotten characters and theme park attractions. Spector said the mouse will return to a few places he visited during his first trip, but earthquakes and other disasters have changed their appearance. He teased that Mickey would also explore previously unseen Wasteland realms.

"There's always been one part of the (Disney) parks that I've always wanted to get into Wasteland," said Spector. "Frontierland has changed so much since it started. There's so much forgotten history there, so Frontierland is going to get a pretty good exploration this time around, plus some other places that we'll keep secret for now."