"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Considering that I despise West Side Story, yesterday's episode was pretty decent. I still hate the Warblers, though (plus the song they sang was useless). I actually liked America and A Boy Like That (Pezberry should sing more often). Lea Michele certainly is amazing; she still needs a solo, though (she hasn't had one yet this season).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:(plus the song they sang was useless)
That describes at least 70% of the songs on the show these days. :(
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

^ I think Phil the Bunny might have mentioned something about that in his video about Glee's Rocky Horror Picture Show episode. (It's at 7:07.)

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30982440? ... portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/30982440">
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I actually thought the most recent episode was one of the best they've done in a long time. It certainly helped that Sue and her tired/inconsistent routine were absent, but the characters were given a chance to develop and there was an awesome new character in the form of Sebastian, whom I could see becoming a favorite for me. Unless they give him some lame character arc where he suddenly drops his current attitude towards sex.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Right. Glee. I kind of like the Irish guy, as well as Sebastien. The songs have been ranging between good and meh for me. I really enjoyed America, Puck's accent and facial expressions are hilarious.

The season has two large problems for me. Quinn and the rival group. I honestly can't stand Quinn. All she's really good for is A) Being a whiny brat and B) Running around dancing in the background. That's all she seems to do.

Moving along, I had hopes for the rival club. But then Mercedes went to it and in a huge bit of irony is now the Rachel 2.0 of that group along with Santana. I've actually highly enjoyed the show -more- once Mercedes ditched the club and was getting less screentime. The problem I have with her is that she's constantly being a Diva. When she gets to be the star, she just turns into an even BIGGER diva like that one episode last season. I had hoped she'd grow up out of it, but so far nothing.

As it stands I'm enjoying Blaine and Kurt, and it's really nice seeing Mike get a story about his parents and their approval etc.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Random thoughts of the season:

I'm totally on Mercedes's side. Rachel gets all the attention.

For some reason, I've never liked Artie.

I cannot stand the Irish kid from The Glee Project! Ugh! I still cannot believe he won. He's a great singer though.

I'm kind of upset that there aren't any virgins anymore. I mean some people are virgins in high school and totally okay with it.

I still can't fathom the fact that Blaine is supposed to be younger than Kurt.

I'm glad Sue wasn't on.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I liked last week's episode so much, I felt it could rank as one of the best Glee episodes ever, so I was afraid tonight's episode would be a huge letdown.... but it wasn't. It was pretty excellent.

I still think Damian drags down the show, though.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

I really liked yesterday's episode; all of the songs were either good or great (Rumour Has It / Someone Like You is my favorite) and the acting was great, too. I am still kind of upset that Finn outed Santana publicly but at least she slapped him at the end of the episode. He really shouldn't have done that, but then again she shouldn't have insulted him so much. I'm excited to see where that storyline goes; all in all, this season has been great so far.
Disney's Divinity

This season's finally picked up with these past 2 episodes. The Adele mashup is probably one of my favorite songs the show's done at this point. I can't wait for Glee the Musc, Volume 7 to come out.

I kind of like the Quinn v. Shelby showdown. I kind of understand both sides, but I liked Quinn's comeback: "You sold your baby for money. What does that make you--a cashwhore?" (paraphrasing) Whoa. Then the slap at the end. :lol:
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Tuesday's episode was so-so until the last 15 minutes. And I see why Finn did what he did and I would back him up if I could. I have a love/hate feeling towards Santana. Yeah she's funny and says it like she means it, but she is also incredibly insulting. And when she insulted Finn in the hallway, she went way too far! I don't think he deserved that slap. Santana can dish it but can't take it.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

tsom wrote:Tuesday's episode was so-so until the last 15 minutes. And I see why Finn did what he did and I would back him up if I could. I have a love/hate feeling towards Santana. Yeah she's funny and says it like she means it, but she is also incredibly insulting. And when she insulted Finn in the hallway, she went way too far! I don't think he deserved that slap. Santana can dish it but can't take it.
I kind of agree, but I think Finn went way too far to just announce that in the middle of a crowded hallway; Santana's choice in when she wanted to announce that herself completely went out the window (so I kind of think Finn deserved that slap, even if he really did tell Rachel that the Trouble Tones sounded great). Neither of them really handled themselves well. Plus, Santana is, for lack of a better word, a bitch. She always will be and she insults people; it's just her nature.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:I kind of agree, but I think Finn went way too far to just announce that in the middle of a crowded hallway;
I agree. I am totally on Finn's side when it came to standing up to Santana, but I kept thinking, "FINN, WHISPER!" Coming from a gay, Santana has every right to choose when to come out. I found it weird that the whole school knew...I guess some politician overheard them and spread it to the city now.

Anyway, while watching this week's episode, I questioned why I didn't like the first episodes because this one was really intense. Can't wait to see what next week has in store!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote: Plus, Santana is, for lack of a better word, a bitch. She always will be and she insults people; it's just her nature.
I see what you're saying, but in my opinion, that's not an excuse. That's like saying the football players are just douchebags by nature and are free to throw slushies and make fun of Kurt's homosexuality because that's just what they do. Yeah, Finn probably shouldn't have done what he did, but Santana had it coming.
Disney's Divinity

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded Santana being given the smackdown, but I'd rather it be something like her being called a b*tch and not have anything to do with her sexuality.

That said, I don't really think Finn said it as an insult or intended to out her. It sounded more like a moral rise-above-it guilt-trip statement ("You're obviously mean because you're unhappy, and I feel sorry for you" kind of statements), so I don't think he really deserved to be slapped for that. I just don't like Finn very much, so it didn't bother me. :lol:
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Santana is probably my favorite character, but her outing via Finn was pretty much deserved. She's a bitch, and while all the insults she gave him in the moments preceding weren't equivalent to the awfulness of being outed, everything she's done in the series so far has been awful. She's basically a bully.

Whatever, this is one step closer to a real relationship with Brittany.
Disney's Divinity

I got Volume 7 and I was surprised that I liked it for the most part. I remember the music being blah for most of the season so far, and I was only getting the next volumes to finish up the third season before Lea Michele, Colfer, etc. depart. I'm glad it wasn't a completely wasted buy.

I don't know why, but this season so far has felt...dull. I hope it picks up, but I'm probably going to stop watching regularly after this season once most of these characters "graduate." I still hope the Colfer/Michele spinoff happens though. :D
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

I found the Christmas episode to be rather painful. Rachel reverted right back to Super Annoyance instead of "Passably Decent" (imo) and the black/white section was just so......so......"Omgwtf" covered in cheesey-over-the-topness. I really don't know what to make of it outside of that. :lol:
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:and the black/white section was just so......so......"Omgwtf" covered in cheesey-over-the-topness. I really don't know what to make of it outside of that. :lol:
That was kind of the point; it was making fun of the horrendous 60s Christmas shows. I actually found it to be quite amusing. It was over the top and deliciously satirical. It was much better than the previous Christmas episode, in my opinion.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

:P They succeeded then. Oh did they succeed...

Is the show on a break again? I've only been seeing reruns for Season 2 on lately =/ Not really a fan of how they start the season, stop, start again and then stop again.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:Is the show on a break again? I've only been seeing reruns for Season 2 on lately =/ Not really a fan of how they start the season, stop, start again and then stop again.
Are all TV shows like that though? Modern Family does it too. I wouldn't know because I'm so used to Disney Channel shows' schedules. :P