The Universe has stomped on me thread. Rant or clear the air

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Goliath, Even though it may not seem like it now maybe it was just not meant to be. Time goes on and there will be other girls! :)
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

littlefuzzy wrote:
bradhig wrote:If you only knew how many people on other sites have bashed me for my theory about the Romanov's ,clones and time travel who have made me red in the face you would be shocked. So the universe has crapped on me as well. Why do people need to be that mean? I believe everything needs to always be questioned.
It's one thing to write a fictional tale involving some of that, it's another thing to announce to the world that you really believe a time traveler helped them escape, or that in a past life you were a guard that helped them escape...

Frankly, I feel that somehow you became interested in the mystery, and started obsessing over it. The more you thought about it, the more you wanted an explanation for the mystery. after thinking about stuff like that for long enough, you convinced yourself that they HAD to have escaped, and the only way that was possible was through time travel, or the aid of a guard. Then, since you were thinking about that more and more, you convinced yourself that you have firsthand knowledge of the supposed escape.
I am not obsessed over it. The theory is based on my first known memory of some kind of struggle in a room with blood on the walls. I haven't worked on the book for a while now. I fear it will get torn apart by experts and burned in the streets.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

bradhig wrote:I am not obsessed over it. The theory is based on my first known memory of some kind of struggle in a room with blood on the walls. I haven't worked on the book for a while now. I fear it will get torn apart by experts and burned in the streets.
The standard definition of 'obsessed' means to preoccupy the mind excessively with a particular concept/idea/subject, etc. Trust me bradhig: you ARE obsessed with Anastasia and the Romanovs. You bring the matter up all the time. And what do you mean by 'experts'? :? I hardly think that a fictional tale about time travel, clones and Russia nearly a century ago will be 'burned in the streets.' :roll:
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

For all your stress needs.[/img]
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Don't let life get you down.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VbhW_K3NvmQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VbhW_K3NvmQ?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

JohnnyWeir wrote:Goliath, Even though it may not seem like it now maybe it was just not meant to be. Time goes on and there will be other girls! :)
I know you mean well, but as you can imagine, that's exactly the kind of thing I don't wanna hear right now... Also, I don't believe in "meant to be". I prefer to think you can make things happen...

... or not. :(
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

poor Goliath. :(

love stinks.

meanwhile i've had a brief health scare, so i'm watching my diet. and my Uncle just got hospitalised for the umpteenth time because of his heart. This means my sister, who hasnt fully recovered from her accident in august, is coming home. my cousin just got diagnosed with a similar heart condition as his dad and i really need to control myself from now on.
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Goliath wrote:
JohnnyWeir wrote:Goliath, Even though it may not seem like it now maybe it was just not meant to be. Time goes on and there will be other girls! :)
I know you mean well, but as you can imagine, that's exactly the kind of thing I don't wanna hear right now... Also, I don't believe in "meant to be". I prefer to think you can make things happen...

... or not. :(
Sorry if I sounded harsh-I probably shouldnt have responded in the first place-knowing nothing about you and knowing only a little about what youre going through. I guess I should have taken the title of this thread into consideration before doling out my optimistic advice.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

JohnnyWeir wrote:Sorry if I sounded harsh-I probably shouldnt have responded in the first place-knowing nothing about you and knowing only a little about what youre going through. I guess I should have taken the title of this thread into consideration before doling out my optimistic advice.
Oh no, you didn't sound harsh at all. Like I said, I know you meant well. It's no big deal, really. Every well-meant sentiment is welcome.

I've been able to talk about it with a co-worker of mine, somebody whom I trust entirely, though I don't know her that long/well, but I get a good vibe from her. It's funny how well she was able to put into words what I was feeling; really made me feel understood --and relieved a bit.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

I think it is time for an update on my kujo incident. As of today, I am totally healed up, of course I now have a wonderful three inch scar to keep as a reminder for the rest of my life. But it could have been worse, so I’m not complaining. During my healing process, I learned that I have a very low tolerance to pain medication. It didn’t take much of a dosage to get me high and to chill me out, which was highly entertaining for those around me.

I probably should have realized the effects of the drug the first day (that was the day I created the rant this thread is based on), but I brushed the events of that day off as a side effect of being awake for 26 hours and trauma. The second day I pretty much slept off and on the entire day, so I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary there. The third day, I went back to work (I didn’t want to, but after the whole tumor thing, I had no choice), that is when the fun began. To really understand what happens, there are a couple things you should know about me: The first is I have a “say anything personality”, I pretty much say the first thing that pops into my head without caring who I am addressing (on a normal day I can control myself and keep my mouth shut, most of the time), and the second thing is I am a self proclaimed slacker (I will do the bare minimum of what I am asked to do and nothing more), and the third thing is I have thyroid disease (which means I have to take medication to make my thyroid function at all, evidently my thyroid is a slacker too), and the final thing is I work in a building with shared space between several companies (lots of interaction between each company and dealing with the public).

So I wake up at my usual time to go to work for my first shift in excruciating pain (thanks so much kujo), and I am faced with a decision: take my thyroid pill (which has to be taken on an empty stomach) or take the pain pill (which has to be taken with food). I am a creature of habit, so I go with the thyroid pill, and decide to take me a light breakfast and the pain pill to work with me (big mistake). I arrive to work, enough time has passed where I can eat something without screwing up my thyroid med, I eat the breakfast I brought, and pop the pain pill on my way out of the break room. Everything goes fine for the first 20 minutes of my shift, then the pill starts to kick in. 30 minutes into my shift, I can’t stop smiling and giggling to myself, now I am not a morning person at all, so my cracking a single smile, let alone giggling is highly out of character for me and cause for concern for those who work with me. 40 minutes into the shift, my friend Ray(from one of the other companies) walks by and asks me what the hell is wrong with me. That’s when it clicks, and I reply, “I think my ass is high.” Ray finds that statement to be very funny, which in turn cracks me up more. I have been standing throughout the shift, and at this point I start to get weak and extremely hot. There is no chair for me sit in. Since I am high, I sit on the floor not really caring what anyone thinks. At some point, Ray has gone to get my friend and co-worker, Erica. I think she asked me why I was sitting on the floor, and vaguly remember saying something about being a slacker that wasn’t going to get up and work. Somehow she manages to get me to stand back up and leads me back to our break room. Evidently, I have begun to lose my self control and my “say anything personality” has been turned loose without restriction (not good in a public setting). I have since asked what I said, but Erica says I really don’t want to know and I knowing how I am, I am going to trust her on this one. I am sure there are people out there that were very angry with me that day.

Erica leaves me to go to the restroom, and I go into our supervisor’s office (who is not in there at that moment), I am still burning up, and he has a floor fan in his office. So I proceed to sit down in one the office chairs and turn the fan on me. Erica returns, and hears me in the office evidently playing like a child with the fan. Erica not being high like me, manages to convince me, to get out our supervisor’s office and lay on the couch in the break room instead. While I am laying on the couch, I enter the second phase of the pain pill, which is extreme sleepiness, and I proceed to pass out on the couch.

Our supervisor enters the break room on his way to his office, and obviously notices me passed out. I believe there was a somewhat incoherent conversation between us that involved the word, “why” from him and the words “slacker, kujo, and pain pill” from me. I believe Erica, briefly explained the dog attack and pain pill to him after I passed back out. Our shift ends, Erica wakes me up, asks me a bunch of questions to be sure that I am now sober enough to drive myself back home. Once she is sure, we leave work. I get home, set my alarm clock, and pass back out. Four hours later, it is time for me to return to work. I’m groggy, but completely sober. I return to work for my second shift expecting to take a not so random “random drug test”, which surprisingly doesn’t happen. Some point during my second shift, I explain the dog attack and the pain pill to my supervisor. While he has been amused by my antics that day, we come to an understanding about no pain pills for me at work. It is decided that the pain pills should be taken at home between shifts, so I can sleep off the side effects before coming back to work. Which ended up working out great for me in the long run.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Well, Halloween has ended a little early for me this year...

It has snowed.

And we're not talking a little bit. There is MONDO SNOW outside. The- You look around and all you see is white kinda thing. There is no way any kids are going trick or treating. They would have to all wear the same thing: snowsuits. It would literally have to be July right now and 80+ degrees all day for most of this to melt before 4 PM tomorrow.

I can't even watch horror movies now because my spirit has been completely removed (several close-call power outages in the space of 3 days will do that to a person).

So, to anti-celebrate, I'm posting this video that should hopefully perk me up a little and signifies me really moving in to UD for the transition into the new ice age. As well as the recent "Sitepocalypse" coming to a close, this acts as a minor sentiment that we're all gonna be together like those freaks in Grease:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J08ZwySCoJ8" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You see, with all the tropical island scenery, it's fitting because of how many people hate the winter weather. And, just a little suited for Halloween because of the opening. The 80's is cheesy and with those outfits, it rather looks like they're at a costume party.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Lazario wrote:It has snowed.

And we're not talking a little bit. There is MONDO SNOW outside. The- You look around and all you see is white kinda thing. There is no way any kids are going trick or treating. They would have to all wear the same thing: snowsuits. It would literally have to be July right now and 80+ degrees all day for most of this to melt before 4 PM tomorrow.
Do you live in Maine? That's exactly what happened here. Yesterday, I went on a nice walk wearing sneakers to return a DVD to a video rental place. Today, I go outside wearing snow boots. This early snow storm seems like another thing to make Christmas start earlier besides stores having loads of Christmas stuff on display before October ends.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

New Hampshire. And we've had snow for about 2 and a half days now but yeah, that was the tip- yesterday was the iceberg.

I really didn't want Christmas to come early but there's nothing I can do to stop nature so I guess I'll roll with it.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wish the snow had hit here. It completely passed us by. :( I love it, even if I hate the power outages that happen.

@CJ: That work story is kind of hilarious. :lol: Pills.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

light frost here, as usual.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote:Well, Halloween has ended a little early for me this year...

It has snowed.

I can't even watch horror movies now because my spirit has been completely removed (several close-call power outages in the space of 3 days will do that to a person).

So, to anti-celebrate, I'm posting this video that should hopefully perk me up a little and signifies me really moving in to UD for the transition into the new ice age. .
Where you live? cause it snow 8 inches and we lost our power here in northern NJ too. LOL. I we finally got it back up now hence why i'm able to type online now lol.

EDIT: never mind, you answered the question already.

but yeah we got it too. Snow on Halloween TRolololol.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

This isn't a rant but I would much like to clear the air.

Okay so a family friend of ours is battling with cancer and this is really the first time that cancer has really touched my family first hand. It sucks because he's gone through surgery after surgery and my mom came home today and told me that more tumors have grown back and they're bigger. It really makes me want to cry how he is dying slowly and there really isn't much we can do about it. He even tried going to Canada to try to get a treatment they wouldn't do here in North America but they even said no there too. And on top of that his skin is all raw because the tumors make him scratch like crazy. I know life is unfair but this is insane. I guess all I can do is keep him in my thoughts and do the voo doo dance for some kind of miracle. I just wanted to get it out and this thread seemed appropriate.

Just make sure to not waste time with your friends and loved ones because like Disney states it's all "LIMITED TIME ONLY". I still feel guilty for not spending as much time as I could have with my grandma and she's been gone for 4 months now as of yesterday. Take care of yourselves guys and try to be happy :)

I know I'm not too well-known here but yeah I thought I'd just clear the air.

-sincerely, Christopher
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Okay, a follow-up to my last post:

Since I took that unexpected blow when she told me she couldn't take the little surprise I had offered her, we went through a week in which we barely spoke to each other. On the one hand I preferred it that way, on the other hand I felt like maybe she was avoiding me and that thought depressed me. So I wanted to stay in contact with her and yet not, at the same time. Luckily, I had found someone at work to confide in, so I could blow off some steam. (I have a friend with whom I can do that, but it's so different, because she obviously doesn't know the girl.)

This monday, everything seemed to be fine between us again. At least the bad vibe I was getting the previous week was gone, and we shared some nice little moments and I saw her laugh at me again. But it's just that laugh, that incredible, beautiful, unique, sexy laugh that I like best about her. To know I would never be able to be with her, because of a 'boyfriend' hundreds of miles away, filled me with frustration, and I'm afraid I took it out on some clients on the phone --though they can be extremely obnoxious and they often provoke me. More often than not, I ignore their insults and move on, but sometimes I can't help but giving them a piece of my mind. But of course I shouldn't do this.

There was one thing I (foolishly) had to know; just HAD to know before she'll be going on vacation to Turkey (to her family and 'boyfriend') next week. I just had to know what she would've done had she not had a boyfriend. And in case she would say she would've gone out with me, I would've said everything I could think of to make sure she would re-think her whole situation and then maybe, maybe... But of course, nothing ever goes my desired way and when I 'casually' (*cough*) brought it up, she was very honest and said "no" and let me know she sees me as nothing more than a co-worker. Well, then that's that. There's closure for you.

I think that's what I needed to know to close this chapter. It still hasn't sunken in entirely yet. I don't think she realizes what I mean when I say I like her. Of course I'm being casual about it around her. What else can I do? Maybe other guys would just accept it and move on. I can't help but think how I will never go out with her; will never hold her; will never share any intimacy with her; will never be able to share her dreams and thoughts and laughs and... Well, I'll stop here before it gets to sappy. I just hope I'll get my sleep back. I'm only sleeping about four hours a night since I'm occupied with her, and I lost 6 kilograms.

I know it's nothing compared to what some others have written about. And some may wonder what the big deal is about. But you'd have to know the context of it all to understand me.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

^ at least she didn't lead you on like some ho-bag, right? That's what happened to my brother. She would talk about how much she hated her boyfriend and kiss my bro and then stay with the other dude. I think the best thing to do is just close this chapter and "do your thang".

I kind of had a similar thing happened and it made me all sad and I didn't have a life for a while being all bummed. It just doesn't get you anywhere you know? Just try doing fun things with your friends n' all that good stuff :)
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

CJ -- I'm glad things are looking up, and sorry about the whole work incident. I had to deal with a situation with a co-worker a few years ago. We actually ended up in the emergency room in that case! (Because, I think, the co-worker had been mixing the pills with alcohol which was a whole other, less comical side to the story.)
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk