Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

Once Upon a Time is a new TV show on ABC based on fairy tales.

Teaser #01
Teaser #02
Teaser #03
Trailer #01
Trailer #02

So, what do you think?
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Looks a tad cheesy to me. But not all bad I guess. I might check it out.

And it's kinda weird to throw in the "from the writers of Lost" angle when this show obviously has little in common with Lost.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A couple of clips from the pilot have been released.

Sneak Peek #01
Sneak Peek #02
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I loves me any fairy tale anything, but I was thinking maybe it was too much to make a new fairy tale series...I thought it was going to be new versions of old tales and that wouldn't be enough for the general public to have interest...but they are making new stories with fairy tale backgrounds, so I am very interested and I think the public could be!

Maybe some of it does seem a little cheesy, but...I don't think it's cheesy, I'm excited!

That one girl has big ears her short hair shows off. I am glad to see a person who looks as imperfect be more or less a big c-ostar of a TV show.

But the prince getting married, who's really hot and cute, has one of the coolest and hottest costumes for a guy or prince I've ever seen! His wedding costume, I mean.

I think the queen should have a better hair-do, but she seems like a great actress to me, and like she will be excellent at the part!

Patrickvd, as far as I know, the writers of Lost only have Lost as their best (or best known) show, and the whole reason to put "from the writers of Lost" is not because it's like that show but because Lost was a huge hit that so many people thought was really good, so that'll make people think this will be very good.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Once Upon a Time

Post by tsom »

Did anyone watch the new ABC show "Once Upon a Time" on Sunday? I thought it was GOOD! If you like fairy tales and/or fantasy/mystery genre, you'll like this show. It's quite interesting.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I watched this show with very high expectations based on the publicity that ABC was giving it for the past month or so, and was really let down by the show. The acting was terrible, and there was not much continuity to the story, because I think it is going to be a night-time soap opera and if you miss a week, you will be lost. Lost - that is a good description of how I felt after this first episode. I'll be watching a couple more weeks to see if it gets any better. The acting had better improve or I am flipping the switch real soon.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

There is already a thread dedicated to this series:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=abc

Please continue the discussion there. :)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

This IS NOT a Disney topic. There is a "Once Upon A Time" discussion in the "Movie, Music and TV" thread. Continue there.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Ignore the posted site move. The person who started that thread doesn't know that it isn't a Disney show and the mods will be moving everything here. Apparently the poster can't read or doesn't understand what the different forums are for.

Please continue posting on this thread.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

I am looking forward to seeing Maleficent in this, and she is retaining her Disney animated name. Kristen Bauer from True Blood has been perfectly cast as Mal.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Disney Duster wrote:I But the prince getting married, who's really hot and cute, has one of the coolest and hottest costumes for a guy or prince I've ever seen! His wedding costume, I mean.
The actor who plays him is Joshua Dallas, and if you like the look of him, then you'll probably like this: http://www.squarehippies.com/2011/10/cr ... s-in-thor/ :wink:

This series looks somewhat intriguing, but as PatrickvD said, it looks a little cheesy too.

@dvdjunkie: Isn't the ABC network owned by Disney?
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

dvdjunkie wrote:Ignore the posted site move. The person who started that thread doesn't know that it isn't a Disney show and the mods will be moving everything here. Apparently the poster can't read or doesn't understand what the different forums are for.
You don't have to be rude, dvdjunkie; besides, this show is being produced by the ABC network, which I believe is owned by Disney.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

That's true.

Also, the fairy tale characters used in the show are (based on) the Disney versions, not the original fairytales.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Our first look at Malificent:
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

:o I love it/her
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Oops, I didn't know there was already a thread.

Anywho, the pilot opened as the season's #1 new drama and stands as Sunday's biggest non-NFL-driven drama debut in 5 years - since ABC's Brothers & Sisters on 9/24/06.

Lets just hope it stays this way.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Personally, I thought the fairy tale past parts of the show were awful. The costumes/dialogue/acting were horrendous. The "present day" scenes were much more interesting. I could see this show having potential if they let the good parts breathe. Unfortunately, I don't think the ratings will be kind to this show after that premiere.

This'll probably be my last post about the show, because I hate to be negative and bring down a topic for people who might like the show.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Dr. Frankenollie wrote:
Isn't the ABC network owned by Disney?
Yes they do, but that doesn't make everything on that network a Disney movie or television series.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Yes, but the fairy tale characters used in the show are supposed to be (based on) the Disney version characters.

That's why they use Disney names for their characters. :)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Don't know where you read that!!! Just because they are using the names of the characters, doesn't mean that they are based on anything Disney.

C'mon, the story of Snow White is as old as the ages and has been told for years. Same with Sleeping Beauty, and all of the other stories this, for now, terrible show is going to come up with.

The acting, and I know I am repeating myself, is really wooden, and not very good. The story was a mish mash of the past, and trying very hard to connect with today, and failing very miserably. I see a whole lot of room for improvement before I am hooked, but I will be watching the next couple of weeks, but I foresee this show going down like "Charlie's Angels" did.

It may have been the number one drama on Sunday, but if you look at the Nielsen's for the week, it isn't even in the Top Ten.