Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Super Aurora wrote:Went can be sure of the quality of this new release until detective Duster comes in and inspect it first. He's has a PH.D in Cinderllaology. He's the expert. We silly noobs can't make judgment yet
rotfl rotfl rotfl
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Khonnor wrote:
tsom wrote: Hahahahaha, that's true. I mean using process of elimination it's definitely a given. :) Unless there was an announcement that already declared it being next after Cinderella that I completely missed.
Well, The Little Mermaid isn;t the next Diamond, first there will be Peter Pan in Spring 2013 and then The Little Mermaid for Fall 2013.

Ah, so many beautiful releases these next two years, hopefully...:)
Ah, yes that true! I totally forgot about the spring releases! Thanks for reminding me! :-)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

im more looking forward to detective marky. :D
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

o me too :D
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Looking at the trailer, I really love how it advertises the human characters and not the animals! Honestly, if Cinderella ever came to Broadway, I think it would be cool if the mice were human servants in the chateau. It may sound like a bad idea, but that's just me.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

tsom, my ideas for a Broadway version always had the animals stay animals. But they weren't as involved as the Disney movie, this time it was always, always human drama, with the main characters. The animals would be more like...well, if you saw Into the Woods...except better and more animated and involved than that! Your idea sounds neat, but I don't think it's best. That is what I think, though. Still a rather interesting idea.

Haha, thanks Super Aurora.

The trailer...yeesh. Okay, sorry, maybe I'm picky, but I thought almost all Platinum trailers have been better than these Diamond ones. Sleeping Beauty's was a killer trailer. She always has killer trailers. Probably to make people who don't know the film think it's exciting. LOL, no, SB's exciting.

The trailer starts out nicely, but the "clock chime countdown" music could be louder and more powerful, and we should probably see Cinderella transform there, and what's with the crappy pink light glare being used as a crappy transition? I think just a giant burst/splash of magic (Disney dust) would be much better, or a flash of light, not that glare. The modern music that comes in does sound crappy until it turns into the end of the signature "Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" song. If only it weren't made with modern instruments, and instead we just got those notes and chords, with some more classy instruments, then I could really see something.

The clips look both as good and as bad as the old 2005 restoration. Bold, bright colors...and yet the messed-upness like some of the Disney dust gone from Cinderella's transformation. I don't think, and also hope, that these clips are not the final restoration but a Disney restorer had said they weren't making a new restoration for this release.

Le sigh. And yet, JOY AND EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the purple pink background was kinda nice, and the logo. A sweet logo, even using an actual image of the slipper straight from the movie. Super nice touch.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Disney Duster wrote:except Sleeping Beauty's Diamond one was killer, she always has killer trailers. Probably to make people who don't know the film think it's exciting. LOL, no SB's exciting.
Sleeping Beauty - DIamond Edition hasn't been released yet... :wink:

I really like the trailers for Cindy and Lady though...especially Lady...
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Trailer in english:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/omiUGNLpGi0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Urgghhhh.

I hate it when they changed the audio of the characters. They sound so unnatural. Why do they do this? Like with Sleeping Beauty!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

:D :D :D :D!!!!

Well...I'm joyfully excited from that...but, uh, yea, those voice actors are usually good at doing the characters' voices but this time they really missed the mark and made it bad! In the French trailer, you can hear the music from the film behind the voices. So the only good reason they may have used these voices is so there was no clip of film music clashing with the trailer music as they spoke. This trailer actually made the music work for me, and perhaps it was partly because the voices didn't have other music behind them. Or perhaps because it was in English and I understood them, and knew what character was saying what, lol. If they would just change those dang flashes of light to a splashes or streams of sparkles...it just fits the movie better and looks better.

But I swear the Prince in this trailer was done by Neal Patrick Harris!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Even though we have to wait a year for this to come out, I bet it'll be here before you know it! :D

I can't believe The Lion King comes out next week, I still remember going out to get Beauty and the Beast a year ago!
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Can anyone explain why there are different voices? Also, does the same explanation hold true for why the Cinderella Platinum Edition DVD trailer had Cinderella sound sort of British (at least to my ears)?

Honestly, for people who arent big Disney fans, I don't think the different voices would be noticeable.
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

It probably has something to do with using the original voice actor's voices and Disney not wanting to pay them their quote...cheaper to use a sound-alike (or in this case...)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Didn't you read my post? ;) I pointed out that in the French version of the trailer, the voices have the film's music behind them, but with the newly done voices in the English trailer, that problem is elminated.

That means a very probable reason for why they used new voices was because they can't seperate the voice track from the music from the original film. So they recorded new voices that didn't have the film's music behind them clashing with the music of the trailer.

And Cinderella didn't sound British to me in the Platinum trailer. I listened to it again and kinda heard what you mean, but I'm still pretty sure it's Jennifer Hale, her usual voice, and doing a fine job, I say!
Last edited by Disney Duster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

MutantEnemy wrote:It probably has something to do with using the original voice actor's voices and Disney not wanting to pay them their quote...cheaper to use a sound-alike (or in this case...)
I don't know why they didn't use the voice actors from Cinderella III
That would have been ALOT better (and a enjoyed Jennifer's portray of Cinderella!)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Ah, thank you Disney Duster! I did read your post but it didn't click until you further explained it. Long week, haha.

I now see what you mean. I listened again and I heard the movie's background music in the French trailer as opposed to the English one. You would think with the technology we have this day and age they would find a way to still use the voices from the film even without the background music.

And sorry, I guess British was the wrong word. Her voice sounded stereotypically "old world European". Haha. I can't explain it. I liked it though! I still love Illene's almost mid-atlantic accent!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney Duster wrote::D :D :D :D!!!!

Well...I'm joyfully excited from that...but, uh, yea, those voice actors are usually good at doing the characters' voices but this time they really missed the mark and made it bad! In the French trailer, you can hear the music from the film behind the voices. So the only good reason they may have used these voices is so there was no clip of film music clashing with the trailer music as they spoke. This trailer actually made the music work for me, and perhaps it was partly because the voices didn't have other music behind them. Or perhaps because it was in English and I understood them, and knew what character was saying what, lol. If they would just change those dang flashes of light to a splashes or streams of sparkles...it just fits the movie better and looks better.

But I swear the Prince in this trailer was done by Neal Patrick Harris!
but the music in the trailer is so modern and un-Disney. :P

all joking aside, i like it but it's not very fitting.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Does anyone know where the music in the trailer is from?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

I'll tell you.. but it'll cost you. And I'm sure you already know the price
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:I'll tell you.. but it'll cost you. And I'm sure you already know the price
You're bluffing; you don't know either! :P

That's right, I can see straight through you. :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage