Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I'll go big and pray for a Song of the South soundtrack - All I Want and Let the Rain Pour Down are hands-down some of my favorite Disney songs!
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

monorail91 wrote:I'll go big and pray for a Song of the South soundtrack - All I Want and Let the Rain Pour Down are hands-down some of my favorite Disney songs!

How awesome would that be! Surly they wouldn't call the sound track racist too? Go big or go home, right?

I'd love to see a CD for "Toy Story 3" and the "package films." I've said that before and I'll say it again. But, I'd also love to see something for a few of the older Disney live action films. You know would be really cool? A sound track for "Zorro" or "Davey Crockett!" :D
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

milojthatch wrote: I'd love to see a CD for "Toy Story 3" and the "package films." I've said that before and I'll say it again. But, I'd also love to see something for a few of the older Disney live action films. You know would be really cool? A sound track for "Zorro" or "Davey Crockett!" :D
Agreed! Crazy to think TS3 won a Grammy for best score (?) but still isn't available on CD! I also wish the package films would get soundtracks, they've been re-released several times so it's not like Disney is ignoring them. I'd love to have the inexplicably jazzy songs from Ichabod Crane. :)
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The first pressings of The Black Hole and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea CD's are gone. More is on the way and will be available in about two weeks.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:The first pressings of The Black Hole and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea CD's are gone. More is on the way and will be available in about two weeks.
Great news!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Hopefully strong soundtrack sales will encourage Blu-ray releases to arrive sooner.

My wish list:

-The Sword in the Stone (all songs and score)
-The Rescuers (same as above)
-The package features
-The Happiest Millionaire, Pete's Dragon and Bedknobs and Broomsticks with expanded editions like the one for Mary Poppins released in 2004.
-The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band (still no complete CD or itunes release)
-Hocus Pocus (wide CD release of promo disc)
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'm glad sales are good! Classic Disney CD soundtrack releases I'd like to see-hear:

Song of the South
The Three Caballeros/Saludos Amigos
Make Mine Music/Fun and Fancy Free/Melody Time
Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Babes in Toyland (soundtrack and LP)
Summer Magic (soundtrack and LP)
The Parent Trap! (soundtrack and LP)
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
Swiss Family Robinson
Pollyanna
The Love Bug
Zorro
In Search of the Castaways
The Moon-Spinners
That Darn Cat! (with Bobby Darin)
Treasure Island
The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
Sword in the Stone
Winnie-the-Pooh and the Honey Tree/Blustery Day
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

After hearing the sensational job Randy Thorton and crew did with 20,000 I was thinking about what other treasures wait in the vaults and it occured to me that one soundtrack I have always wanted to own was the score veteran composer Max Steiner did for Disney "Those Calloways." To my knowledge it was the only time Steiner composed for the studio and I believe it was the last film he scored ...(I think anyway). For those reasons alone it would be a true collectable but also the fact that is is a sensational score in itself...Does anyone know if a soundtrack was ever released?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Add the score for White Fang to the list. I love that score, and I wish it was available on cd or to download.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I thought I'd give a heads up that if any of you here wish to pass along your desires for the next Disney release from Intrada, while they may not do it, Intrada is very nice in taking suggestions.

Send them an e-mail http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.5/.f and feel free to send suggestions. Of course be respectful when you do, but they will listen to what you have to say. I sent a message to them and they were very nice, wrote me back, and simply thanked me for my suggestions and that they would pass them on. So, just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone here would like to write them.

Hopefully we'll get more Disney soundtracks from them soon!

:D

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

On December 13th Intrada is releasing their last three titles of 2011. However, none of them are from Disney. So we have to wait until next year before new Disney titles will be released.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:On December 13th Intrada is releasing their last three titles of 2011. However, none of them are from Disney. So we have to wait until next year before new Disney titles will be released.
I actually wrote to them and was informed that they do have plans for the future, "Toy Story 3" being a title specifically mentioned as a good possibility. I think the big issue is getting the ok from Disney for each title released, and I bet that could be time consuming. If I was a betting man, I'd say we'll see many more Disney titles from them next year. We'll just have to wait and see.

-Walt Disney
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Just thought folks here might be interested in this in case you missed it:
Look for some pretty sensational releases coming courtesy our partnership with Disney.
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.I/id.1 ... egory=-102

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Now available to order:

TOY STORY 3 - RANDY NEWMAN

Cool news! World premiere CD release of Randy Newman's exciting, colorful and sentimental soundtrack for finale to legendary animation trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures/Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Lee Unkrich, showcasing final adventures of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Newman offers flavorful score rich with colorful Americana, rousing excitement, gentle nostalgia, warm sentiment. Walt Disney Records/Intrada co-branded CD premiere also features hit Randy Newman theme song "We Belong Together" and Spanish-language version of "You've Got A Friend In Me" that features in terrific storyline. Handsome packaging includes generous array of color stills, shots of composer Newman, director Unkrich at recording sessions, brief notes from both men plus lyrics for two songs. Stunning recording by David Boucher, vivid orchestrations by Jonathan Sacks, Don Davis & Randy Newman. Newman also conducts. Exciting addition to ongoing Disney-Intrada co-branded CD soundtrack series!

01. We Belong Together 4:02 Performed by Randy Newman
02. You’ve Got a Friend in Me 2:14 (Para el Buzz Español) Performed by Gipsy Kings
03. Cowboy! 4:10
04. Garbage? 2:40
05. Sunnyside 2:20
06. Woody Bails 4:40
07. Come to Papa 2:05
08. Go See Lotso 3:36
09. Bad Buzz 2:21
10. You Got Lucky 5:58
11. Spanish Buzz 3:31
12. What About Daisy? 2:07
13. To the Dump 3:50
14. The Claw 3:56
15. Going Home 3:22
16. So Long 4:55
17. Zu-Zu (Ken’s Theme) 0:34

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7432/.f
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Holy crap I freaking love that cover art. So much better than the digital release.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

News from Intrada:
Next week we return to our normal release schedule with two new releases. One MAF is a Fox reissue, the second is one of three Disney titles that will fill out the rest of March.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:News from Intrada:
Next week we return to our normal release schedule with two new releases. One MAF is a Fox reissue, the second is one of three Disney titles that will fill out the rest of March.
I read that too. Any speculation on what the up coming Disney titles may be?

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

There are some new clues:

- The title coming this Monday is from a 70s live action film.
- The first title coming on March 20 is from a 90s live action film.
- The second title coming on March 20 is from an animated film.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The last clue about the release that's coming Monday:

Our other release is a fabulous world premiere from the Disney archives. This one is chock full of action and adventure... and it literally soars! Having music by a multi-Oscar winner assures you of the melodious content, too. Enjoy this one complete and in pristine stereo!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I'm guessing Island at the Top of the World.