The Smurfs 2 (August 2, 2013)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Smurfs 2 (August 2, 2013)

Post by Sotiris »

Sony Pictures announced today the studio is moving forward with a sequel to The Smurfs and is putting Smurfs 2 on the release calendar for August 2, 2013. No other films are scheduled for that month yet.

There are no further details about the new film at this time other than the 2013 release date and Jordan Kerner will be producing.

The studio says The Smurfs has exceeded all of their expectations in these first few days of release. In addition the way the film has performed here in North America (currently $78.8 million), last weekend 23 markets overseas opened to #1 and the movie has taken in more than $135 million to date worldwide.
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80883
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zDhungoiJ4M" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Please, kill me now. :cry:

EDIT:
I have a better reaction to this!

Last edited by TheValentineBros on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I can't say I'm surprised. In several years from now, Cars 4, Shrek 5, Smurfs 3, Yogi Bear 3 and Kung-Fu Panda 5 will be released together in the same summer. :(
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

so far none of those seem likely.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Semaj wrote:Image

Bravo! :D
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am right now, so please enjoy this little animation.

Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Let's have a moment of silence for Cinema.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney Geek wrote:Let's have a moment of silence for Cinema.
Screw cinema! I'm thinking of poor Peyo, spinning in his grave. :(
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Oh dear.... Although, I can't really say I'm surprised.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Goliath wrote:
Disney Geek wrote:Let's have a moment of silence for Cinema.
Screw cinema! I'm thinking of poor Peyo, spinning in his grave.

True. He deserves a moment's silence as well :cry:
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I was joking, but it *is* sad, when you think about it. The Smurfs are now seen as kiddie fare, associated with juvenile (potty) humor, whereas the original Peyo comics were very mature and appealed to children and adults alike. But because of things like this Smurfs movie (and the Hannah-Barbera show didn't help either), an adult can't read a Smurfs comic-book anymore without being ridiculed.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Yeah, I think the Smurfs being associated as simple children's fare has dated back to the Hanna-Barbera animated series. Animaniacs even did an episode where they spoofed the Smurfs by portraying it as a saccharine, lovey-dovey type show (with the Warners naturally retching at the very sight of it).

It's around the two-minute mark (though the whole episode is definitely worth watching):

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOzVvKLl5Ig" frameborder="0"></iframe>
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Goliath wrote:I was joking

I see :wink:
It *is* sad, when you think about it. The Smurfs are now seen as kiddie fare, associated with juvenile (potty) humor, whereas the original Peyo comics were very mature and appealed to children and adults alike. But because of things like this Smurfs movie (and the Hannah-Barbera show didn't help either), an adult can't read a Smurfs comic-book anymore without being ridiculed.

:clap:
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Goliath wrote:. . . an adult can't read a Smurfs comic-book anymore without being ridiculed.
I bought one recently. ;) People can think what they want. :lol: Despite how anyone sees the new movie(s) I'm just glad to see English-language prints available on the local shelves again. :)

:D
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Yesterday afternoon we went to watch The Smurfs at the cinema. It was dreadful, except for a few funny one-liners...

In the evening we went to see Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Compared to that, The Smurfs was a gem....!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Khonnor wrote:In the evening we went to see Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Compared to that, The Smurfs was a gem....!
wow, really? While I didn't care much for the CGI motion capture stuff, Rise was pretty good. You're probably in an unusual minority if you thought The Smurfs was better than Rise...
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

PatrickvD wrote:
Khonnor wrote:In the evening we went to see Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Compared to that, The Smurfs was a gem....!
wow, really? While I didn't care much for the CGI motion capture stuff, Rise was pretty good. You're probably in an unusual minority if you thought The Smurfs was better than Rise...
Don't twist my words... :twisted: I said they're BOTH bad... 8)

Rise of the Apes was just a build-up to nothing....the battle at the bridge was very anti-climactic...and then it just stopped...

SPOILERS:
- 50 or so Apes living in a forest/park...won't the government just bomb that area to get rid of the Apes? The Apes were making a lot of dumb mistakes when they're supposed to be so smart. They only thing they had going for them (which they were unaware of) , was the virus spreading among mankind....which seemed to be thrown in as an afterthought.

The Smurfs was just a fun kiddy movie...with some adult-jokes and references.