Planes (DisneyToon Studios)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jon Cryer Leads The Way In CG-Animated Film "Planes"

http://enewsi.com/movies/190-20854.html
Dusty, the small-town crop-duster from DisneyToon Studios' upcoming feature “Planes,” has found his voice: Emmy Award-winning actor Jon Cryer, lands the role of the daring dreamer who takes on the most notoriously grueling air race in history, and in the process gives a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. “Planes,” an all-new, CG-animated comedy action adventure, flies into homes on Blu-ray and DVD in Spring 2013.

“We are incredibly excited to have Jon Cryer on board as the voice of Dusty,” said John Lasseter, chief creative officer for Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios. “Jon brings so much comedy and believability to this character who dreams of soaring alongside his heroes in the 'Wings Around the Globe' Rally. 'Planes' is a wonderful story that takes audiences on a great ride and Jon brings so much heart to the film.”

Dusty lives in the small town of Propwash Junction, and the single-prop agriculture plane could not be further from the lean, mean, trophy-winning machines he idolizes – and his co-workers remind him constantly. His mentor Skipper is convinced that Dusty has the engine to compete with the best, and helps encourage him to pursue his lifelong dreams. But if Dusty wants to make his dreams a reality, he?ll need to push himself further than he ever imagined. With the help and support of a crew of all-new and hilarious characters, Dusty wings his way into the biggest challenge of his life.

“Planes,” set to introduce audiences to an entirely new and hilarious crew of daredevils from every corner of the globe, draws inspiration from the immensely popular world of Disney•Pixar's “Cars.” Created, written and produced by DisneyToon Studios under the creative leadership of John Lasseter and directed by Emmy nominated Klay Hall, “Planes” takes off with an international cast of the fastest air racers around, in a comedy packed with action and adventure.
I thought about Nostalgia Critic clip...but I know that's sorta annoying (even to me) I'd just post these two pictures

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Planes is the first in a series of projects focusing on the different vehicles in the "Cars" world.
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... ons-planes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:
Planes is the first in a series of projects focusing on the different vehicles in the "Cars" world.
Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/d23exponews.php?id=81284

In that Case

Come on out Linkara...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9KJltTzIh3Q" frameborder="0"></iframe>

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:

In that Case

Come on out Linkara...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9KJltTzIh3Q" frameborder="0"></iframe>
^^This
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Maybe I'm just not that fond of the Cars Series and therefor have no interest in it's "world", but i think I'd rather see another sequel than this lol.

Overall, I think Toon Studios has improved their skills tremendously, which makes me wonder why these people aren't working for WDAS and focusing on new and original DAC's? If John Lasseter wants planes to happen, why not go ahead and make it with Pixar?
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

http://www.inlayfilm.com/projects/samoleti

Thought I share this site for you all. This is the same company that too is planning to release, "Snow Queen," even though Disney Animation's version of it is in the works.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Oh Pixar, don't do this...
Too late...sadly. :(
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I really hope they just make the one film....
surely the disney company will take the hint and release that the car's films are the weakest grossing pixar films and the only thing that sells in merchandise

(saying that disney loves merchandise)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

toonaspie wrote:Delicious irony at its best. Lasseter says he would put a stop to DTV sequels and then goes around everyone's backs and claims it's for building up a profitable franchise. The very thing he wanted to stop at Disney is the very thing he's doing right now...creating mediocre sequels solely for extra cash.
I believe it's more hypocritical than ironic, toonapsie.

An by the way, this movie just SCREAMS 'unnecessary'. XP
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

DisneyJedi wrote:
toonaspie wrote:Delicious irony at its best. Lasseter says he would put a stop to DTV sequels and then goes around everyone's backs and claims it's for building up a profitable franchise. The very thing he wanted to stop at Disney is the very thing he's doing right now...creating mediocre sequels solely for extra cash.
I believe it's more hypocritical than ironic, toonapsie.

An by the way, this movie just SCREAMS 'unnecessary'. XP
To be honest, these fairy and plane movies aren't raping my childhood the way Cinderella II and Bambi II did. Lasseter put a stop to that. And since we're talking money here, this alternative is in my eyes completely harmless. They have next to nothing to do with any of Disney or Pixar's canon features.

Lasseter was naive, but has accomplished more than both of you ever will going on and on about how hypocritical and evil he is. Just pop in that Hunchback 2 dvd and tell me how much you miss those days.

Planes unnecessary? Watch it make billions of dollars and leave the memories of our favorite childhood Disney and Pixar films untarnished.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I actually want Planes to sell extremely well, so that they'll continue with more 'Planes' sequels and other Pixar vehicles movies, and forever leave the classic Disney characters to rest in peace (and not CG-fy them).
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

While the concept is an obvious cash-in, as Pixar is making it, it's likely to turn out at the very least to be good children's entertainment.

BTW, I love your new signature, Sotiris. :)
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I hope Porco Rosso's Savoia S-21 is in the film.
disneyboy20022 wrote:Image
At first, I thought that was the Muppets. lol Pretty cool. I want that picture in a bigger size.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:While the concept is an obvious cash-in, as Pixar is making it, it's likely to turn out at the very least to be good children's entertainment.
Pixar is not actually making it. It is based on a Pixar concept and universe, but DisneyToon Studios is producing it. However, John Lasseter is involved as he's the chief creative officer; he supervises the studio and its product and receives an executive producer credit on the studio's films.
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

PatrickvD, I didn't say that John Lasseter was evil. I was just saying that he was kind of being a hypocrite by having Disney stop with the sequels when he's spinning off the Cars franchise, one of the weakest movies by Pixar.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Lasseter is against sequels to the Disney classics, but spinning-off the characters into separate films is not an issue with him, hence why he's also involved with the Tinker Bell series (then again, I saw the first Tinker Bell and hated it, but that's besides the point).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyboy20022 wrote:wasn't there already Planes in the movie Cars...

look at the very top...there's a blimp and a Helicopter and an AirPlane

and here's a plane that is in Cars..Barney Stormin

Yes, and they most likely were the inspiration for this!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oLyTzIslEQk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Wow, that's Toon Studios?

Someone's been sharing technology!