The Good Dinosaur

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

The Good Dinosaur

Post by Disneyphile »

Not much is known about the newest Pixar film, other than that it is an original story, not a sequel, and that Bob Peterson will be the director.
Last edited by Disneyphile on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

I read that it's the first time that Pixar wil release two movies in one year (2013, same year as Monster University). Well, although we don't know much about the project, a new Pixar movie is always a good thing in my opinion..
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The reports don't specify who is the director so this may or may not be the project Pete Docter was talking about.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So this and Brave will be the first films following the original 8 concepts they had, right?

I wonder what it'll be about...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

From AOL:

Disney announced on Monday a new Pixar film would be released November 27, 2013, Deadline reports, though the House of Mouse withheld any information on title or plot. All they would reveal is that it will be an original story, not a sequel.

The 3D animation studio has a full roster of upcoming releases, the next being "Cars 2," which hits theaters on Friday. They'll premiere a "Toy Story" short, "Hawaiian Vacation," about Barbie and Ken before the showing of "Cars 2," and an untitled short before Disney's November release of "The Muppets." They'll also release Spanish-language short, "La Luna" in 2011.

In 2012, they will help out with the release of the Jerry Bruckheimer/Disney adventure film, "John Carter," and then release the studio's first film about a female hero in "Brave." Then, in 2013, a sequel to "Monsters, Inc.," titled "Monsters University" will hit theaters.

So, where does that leave this new mystery film? Right now, "Up" director and Pixar legend Pete Docter, who has had a major drawing and story hand in nearly all of the studio's big releases, is working on an untitled mystery project, to be released in 2013.

In a 2010 conversation with Moviefone, Docter spoke about the early goings of his new project, though he declined to give specific details.

"I'm on a couple of different things that are pretty early on; one's being storyboarded and put up on reels, which is where the rubber meets the road," he said. "That's the hard part of it. The early days, usually you can think of all these great ideas, and they sound interesting and intriguing, and then you get in there and you have to storyboard it to make each beat work. Make you care about the character, yet have him flawed so he can have growth throughout the film. Those are hard things to do! And just when you think you understand now how you're going to do it, the next film comes up and hits you from the side and you didn't see it coming. It's not easy!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/2 ... 80509.html
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

well at least it's not a sequel.
I can't wait to see Brave - really looking forward to it :!:
softly excited for monsters and i think cars 2 looks terrible ... it ruins the first :?
but i hope this will be excellent :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I'm not too excited for Cars 2 myself, but I will at least give it a shot. Eager to see Monsters University, however! :D
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

From Animation Magazine:
Disney has scheduled an untitled 3D movie from Pixar for release in theaters Nov. 27, 2013.

According to a report on Deadline.com, the release will be an original feature and not a sequel. No other details on the film have been confirmed, though speculation runs high that the film will be a dinosaur-themed project, the next film from director Pete Docter or a project about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
http://www.animationmagazine.net/events ... -lasseter/
Last edited by toonaspie on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

toonaspie wrote:Another article I read on this is saying there's high speculation of it being a dinosaur film. Take this with a grain of salt, folks.
That's interesting... I'd love to see Pixar's take on the designs.

Crossing my fingers this is true!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I'm happy it's an original idea! Thank you Pixar, all the re-vising of older films was starting to worry me that Pixar forgot how to be original. That was one of the big reasons people fell in love with them in the first pace!

I look forward to hearing more about this later. I bet we'll have at least a title before this year is done.

Got my "Cars 2" tickets, now I just hope it doesn't disappoint.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

The title of the film will probably be revealed at the D23 Expo on August 20.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Pixar chooses Italy's Florence as the location for one of their upcoming films.
http://www.lanazione.it/firenze/spettac ... enze.shtml

This is an automatic online translation:
Pixar, the animation studio of such successful films as 'Finding Nemo', 'Toy Story', and 'Wall-E', chose Florence as the location for one of its upcoming animated films . The project will launch a comprehensive partnership between the studio and the Italian city. The mayor Matteo Renzi, the commissioner Giuliano da Empoli, and the creative director of Pixar, John Lasseter, met on the morning of the 4th of July, during a meeting held in the Tuscan capital, where the famous filmmaker is currently on holiday with his family.

Later, in presenting a festival of performances, Empoli said, "Lasseter is a true humanist, a genius capable of combining his work with art and technology. He is exactly the kind of person you would like to work with in order for Florence to attain world-wide exposure and an even more international air.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Oooh, Italy? That's exciting!

Does anyone know what France's reaction to "Ratatouille" was or Australia's to "Finding Nemo?"

Positive or insulted or...
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

With Finding Nemo tourism in Sydney and Queensland was huge back in 03. Seriously everyone I know at home seriously loves Finding Nemo. Young or old. Although I did read reports about over-fishing of Clownfish because everybody wanted their own Nemo...
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

So, the Bob Peterson project has announced its storyline:
The first one, to be directed by Bob Peterson and produced by John Walker, will be about dinosaurs. The movie, which does not have a title yet, asks the question - "What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct?" The movie is scheduled for November 27, 2013.

Read more: D23 Expo: Disney•Pixar Announces Two New Films - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/d23expon ... z1VcpCnVJi
Last edited by estefan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

That's sounds interesting! But 2014.. That's 3 years from now.. :(
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Sounds very promising. I'd heard rumours that this film would be about dinosaurs so it's good to see Pixar try a concept they haven't done before and I'm glad that this film isn't another sequel. Bob Peterson has been at Pixar for a long time and is a member of the Brain Trust so it's nice to see him get his first solo directing project; he seems like a very funny man so hopefully that will translate to the film.
Last edited by DisneyAnimation88 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

estefan wrote:So, the Pete Docter project has announced its storyline and the release date (which will be in 2014, rather than 2013):
You've kinda mixed them up. This thread is for the Bob Peterson Pixar film since the release dates match. You should re-name the other thread you created and make it about the Pete Docter film.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Actually, I think the thread creator is mixed up. I searched for "Pete Docter" in the search box and got this thread. After I posted that piece of news, he (for some reason) put "dinosaur" in the thread title. Have no idea why.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland