The Amazing Spider-Man

All topics on all things Marvel.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Any new news about The Amazing Spider-Man? :?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

It seems Sony has decided to announce a sequel to this film for May 2, 2014. Personally, I think that is either really confident or really arrogant. The first one hasn't proven itself yet and at best, feelings on it are mixed. I think they need to releases their first movie before they start talking about seconds.
Last edited by milojthatch on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Not so much arrogance as greed. These types of films are put into motion with the express intention of having at least 2 sequels (unless there's major bombage). Then reboot.

So I guess we'll be seeing the new new Spiderman this time 2021 or so.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

milojthatch wrote:It seems Sony has decided to announce a sequel to this film for May 2, 2014. Personally, I think that is either really confident or really arrogant. The first one hasn't proven itself yet and at best, feelings on it are mixed. I think they need to releases tehir first movie before they start talking about seconds.

Actually Sony doing this so they can still keeps the rights to movie Spiderman. It is stated that if company doesn't produce certain amount of X movies in between gaps, the right will go back to Marvel/Disney.

In other words, Sony keeping churning out Spider stuff in order for them to still keep rights and make money off of it.

Fox is doing the same with X Men, hence why we got a whole new X-Men movie just recently.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Super Aurora wrote:
milojthatch wrote:It seems Sony has decided to announce a sequel to this film for May 2, 2014. Personally, I think that is either really confident or really arrogant. The first one hasn't proven itself yet and at best, feelings on it are mixed. I think they need to releases tehir first movie before they start talking about seconds.

Actually Sony doing this so they can still keeps the rights to movie Spiderman. It is stated that if company doesn't produce certain amount of X movies in between gaps, the right will go back to Marvel/Disney.

In other words, Sony keeping churning out Spider stuff in order for them to still keep rights and make money off of it.

Fox is doing the same with X Men, hence why we got a whole new X-Men movie just recently.
I'm actually aware of that to a point. And, just becuase they say it will be made, doesn't mean it will. That is what happen to "Spider-Man 4" after all. If the new one bombs (realistically, it could go either way), Sony will have to decide if it's time to keep holding on to the Spider-Man rights or not. But it might not matter. I've read some business reports that suggest that Sony Picture may be shutting down by the end of next year. Apparently, there are not doing so great financially.
Last edited by milojthatch on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/andrew ... pider-man/

Oddly enough, Andrew Garfield studied the motions and behaviours of spiders whilst working on the role as Spider-Man. A bit unorthodox, but nonetheless it shows Garfield has dedication to his role.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

According to star Emma Stone, the new Spider-Man Andrew Garfield is 'just incredible' (although her relationship in real life with Garfield may have made her biased):
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 310074449A
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/andrew ... pider-man/

Oddly enough, Andrew Garfield studied the motions and behaviours of spiders whilst working on the role as Spider-Man. A bit unorthodox, but nonetheless it shows Garfield has dedication to his role.
Andrew Garfield is a huge Spider-Man fan, so I'm not surprised he throws himself into it. Have you seen the Comic-Con footage of him dressed in a Spidey Halloween outfit? To some this might look like nothing more than an ordinary cash grab, but I'm beginning to believe that this movie could turn out to be something really good.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

KubrickFan wrote:Andrew Garfield is a huge Spider-Man fan, so I'm not surprised he throws himself into it. Have you seen the Comic-Con footage of him dressed in a Spidey Halloween outfit? To some this might look like nothing more than an ordinary cash grab, but I'm beginning to believe that this movie could turn out to be something really good.
As am I. Andrew Garfield may not have been many people's first choices for the next Spider-Man, but nonetheless he's a much better actor than Tobey Maguire, and simueltaneously his good looks will unequivocally appeal to the more superficial crowd.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

This article irked me deeply:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 48&count=0

Guess what? For The Amazing Spider Man and Men In Black 3, you have to pay for the 3-D glasses. :roll:

No doubt cinemagoers will pay for them without batting an eyelid...
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:This article irked me deeply:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 48&count=0

Guess what? For The Amazing Spider Man and Men In Black 3, you have to pay for the 3-D glasses. :roll:

No doubt cinemagoers will pay for them without batting an eyelid...
This may be the begining of the end for 3D. Could be...if various parties involved keep geeting a bit too gready that is!

-Walt Disney
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

milojthatch wrote:This may be the begining of the end for 3D. Could be...if various parties involved keep geeting a bit too gready that is!
I hope it dies, and isn't resurrected for the umpteenth time in the next few decades (which is what usually happens when Hollywood starts running dry on ideas).
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

New trailer:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-tnxzJ0SSOw" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Not sure what to think myself.
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Looks good, except for the CGI Lizard. But that's just me.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Really enjoyed the trailer. I wasn't excited for this movie, but the trailer "sold" me on seeing it.

I really did not like Spider-Man 3, and there was always something lacking with the previous movies (Although 1, and 2 were really good). Its nice to see Spidey cracking some jokes, and FINALLY mechanical web shooters.

Lizard hasn't been shown enough yet, but he looks ok from what I can see. The new suit looks a lot better in action than it does in photos.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Hmm...I'm less excited for it now than before. The new trailer looks 'meh'.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

DarthPrime wrote:
I really did not like Spider-Man 3, and there was always something lacking with the previous movies (Although 1, and 2 were really good). Its nice to see Spidey cracking some jokes, and FINALLY mechanical web shooters.
"Nice to see Spidey crack some joke?" Did you SEE the original films? He cracked tons of jokes! To each his own, but I really wish Sony had ket Raimi make "Spider-Man 4" and then gotten out of his way. "Spider-Man 3's" biggest issues were results of studio interference, not because Raimi was a bad director. This re-boot is pure Sony. I say if that are not going to let Raimi keep going, time to pass it back off to Marvel and let them run the film series of their own flagship character!

"Avengers" looks great, but how much cooler would it be if Spidey was in it?

-Walt Disney
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Actually i think this Spiderman movie going better than Raimi's.

Just from trailer alone, it seems to pulled off the stuff about Spiderman that Raimi's failed at.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I'm not sure what to think either. I liked the beginning of the trailer, but the second half turned into a special effects extravaganza. It looks like Andrew Garfield will be likeable as Spider-Man. He seemed to pull off nerdy earnestness well enough. But all the leotard jokes, and lines like "The Untold Story", those things turned me off. And I hated Emma Stone's eye makeup. Just a girly nitpick there. :P
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Looks terrible. Seriously, Peter is a nerd with a campy sense of humor, not an emo-douche bag (his jokes came across as little more aggressive, or douchey in the trailer). The Lizard also shouldn’t look like a goomba from that crappy live-action Super Mario Bros. movie. I also don’t like the tone of the movie, or at least the tone the trailer is giving off (painting the spidey symbol on the wall just reminds me of that crappy Daredevil movie). It’ll be a rent.

As crazy as it is, I’m more looking forward to the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series then this. Which is weird, because nothing I’ve heard about that show has even hinted at it being good.