Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Super Aurora wrote:
amazon980 wrote:Why can't boys enter?
What boy age 4-7 will want to design a princess dress??? Come-on, now.

If a boy did do it, he's going get his ass kicked by other boys and get make fun of in school.
You design girl's clothes.

When I was a little boy I was drawing princess dresses.

Disney's marketing is sexist to appeal to the majority of the mean, stupid, world.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

a boy could just want draw or be interested in art..
If a boy won a contest and went to London im sure he wouldn't care ...
Besides havent male animators been drawing Princess dresses for years?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yup. It should be okay for the boy to wear the dress too. Disney has even done drag themselves. But too many people would be against it. The mean, stupid, ignorant, narrow-minded majority of the world.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote: You design girl's clothes.
Yeah as an adult and drawing them in more casual clothes. Not frilly dresses. You already know I hate the princess dresses and prefer them in more casual peasant outfits.

I never drew girls clothes as a kid. Only animals(as animals are more badass and interesting than girl's clothes. lol) and the goddamn Batman.
amazon980 wrote: Besides haven't male animators been drawing Princess dresses for years?
Yeah as an adult where majority of them have been in drawing just about everything or anything. By that age it didn't matter much what you drew......except some weird ass fetishes maybe....
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

So the dress the boy would draw could be one of many things he draws
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Chris, I wanted to point this out before. You like giving peeps long hair, because it's beautiful, flowy, and majestic? Well, that's what dresses can do. The big, long, flowing, and yes, you might call some of them "frilly" dresses give the artist, and the audience, a lot of beauty and design to see, and makes them appear majestic.
Super Aurora wrote: Yeah as an adult where majority of them have been in drawing just about everything or anything. By that age it didn't matter much what you drew......except some weird ass fetishes maybe....
You mean because by that age society doesn't think it matters much what you draw. It should be okay for anyone to draw anything at any age.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Like I said before, I don't a problem with boys doing it, myself. I'm just stating out that If boy does decided to do it, which is fine to me, just don't say you(the boy) didn't expect that he would get ridiculed and get his ass kicked probably. Boys that age are young and haven't mature in their thoughts, so only think very narrow minded. Same deal as when boys that age call girls "having cooties".

It's something boys that age do. Is it wrong? Yeah. But is it something in elementary schools that occurs often? yes.

I stated this as a look out for any boy who comes to do this as I wouldn't want that boy suffer humiliation.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Hey, so I made a Tangled music video and I want to show it you. If you can't Flynn's voice, sorry it blocked out the Tangled music. So, I had to put the music on louder. And sorry if I had to speed up some parts, I needed the song to end on time.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7YTREKX8AQs" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney Duster wrote:Yup. It should be okay for the boy to wear the dress too. Disney has even done drag themselves. But too many people would be against it. The mean, stupid, ignorant, narrow-minded majority of the world.
Wait...

... has Hell frozen over?!

Because we're in agreement! :shock:
Super Aurora wrote:Like I said before, I don't a problem with boys doing it, myself. I'm just stating out that If boy does decided to do it, which is fine to me, just don't say you(the boy) didn't expect that he would get ridiculed and get his ass kicked probably. Boys that age are young and haven't mature in their thoughts, so only think very narrow minded. Same deal as when boys that age call girls "having cooties".

It's something boys that age do. Is it wrong? Yeah. But is it something in elementary schools that occurs often? yes.
But this is also true.
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

I don't think there's anything wrong with boys being interested in art and princesses.

I've always had a love for drawing myself. I'm 19 years old and male and I will draw anything.

I particularly love drawing people and characters. I don't ever draw princessy clothes. I just draw normal people and creatures, but if it's a girly girl character I'll be happy to draw her. I've always been like that my whole life.

I think anyone should be able to do design. But I admit, there is something a little wierd about boys having a fasination with princess dresses. But, I'm not one to judge.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Re: Hell has officially frozen over!

Post by TheValentineBros »

Jackoleen wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

The following is an Inter-Realm Bulletin:

"Hell has officially frozen over!"

:lol:

Don't we all WISH, though? I mean, it'd be nice not to be burned up just because you were slightly too much like Hyde and not enough like Jekyll, right?

I'm not really religious anyway, though, so I don't know if Hell's being hot OR freezing over will ever have much to do with me.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:
Dear Jackoleen,

Why?

Farewell...
TheValentineBros
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Don't we all WISH, though? I mean, it'd be nice not to be burned up just because you were slightly too much like Hyde and not enough like Jekyll, right?

I'm not really religious anyway, though, so I don't know if Hell's being hot OR freezing over will ever have much to do with me.

...What?! :? :? :?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Hey guys! Zachary Levi is nominated for his voice acting for Tangled for the Teen Awards. Today is the last day to vote. Please create an account and vote for him.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Hey guys! Zachary Levi is nominated for his voice acting for Tangled for the Teen Awards. Today is the last day to vote. Please create an account and vote for him.
No.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Hey guys! Zachary Levi is nominated for his voice acting for Tangled for the Teen Awards. Today is the last day to vote. Please create an account and vote for him.
Not a chance.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

:o :o :o

Wow, I love how everyone is saying no b/c this is for Tangled, and if Levi wins this, this would be great for Tangled. :lol: :lol: :lol: But, if he doesn't win, I wouldn't care.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

@ DisneyDude: was that really neccesary? Do we really want to chase people away from this board? I know I don't.