The Order of the Seven

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Flower's Friend
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Flower's Friend »

Disney's Snow White from 1937 was not the first time that this tale had been told. Disney's Snow White was not even the first time that this tale was made into a movie.

The tale of Snow White has been around for hundreds of years. So if Disney or anyone else makes a movie based on the tale of Snow White I see it as another movie version of the tale of Snow White.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Been in development for a while, this isn't new.
That said, Shaolin Dwarfs is a much better idea then what Snow White and the Huntsman is looking like.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Too lazy to post a facepalm pic right now.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

OK well if this was anything like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland or Oz the Great and Powerful I would be interested but turning a fairytale into an action flick (which will flop) just = No.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Please let this be a joke.

:brick:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Why are people acting as if this is news?

Also, a Chinese warrior film loosely inspired by the original fairytale is not a remake of Disney's animated classic.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

PatrickvD wrote:Why are people acting as if this is news?

Also, a Chinese warrior film loosely inspired by the original fairytale is not a remake of Disney's animated classic.
Exactly This film has been in development since at least 2004, as I remember there being a discussion about it back then. I doubt it will get made for at least some time anyway, as two studios have different versions of the Snow White story in the pipeline already.

Plus, it is by all means more of a reimagining, and not a direct remake à la 101 Dalmatians.
Flower's Friend
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Flower's Friend »

PatrickvD wrote:Why are people acting as if this is news?

Yes this is another version of the tale of Snow White that will be told in a different way. Disney's Snow White film from 1937 is one movie version base on the tale of Snow White and this new movie will be another movie version based on the tale of Snow White and it will be told in a very different way.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

Oh God, when they finally release this people are going to say they copied the version with Kristen Stewart because they are using the whole Snow White as a warrior deal. I thought this was dead since it's been years since we heard anything :idea:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

It sounds terrible! I would love for Disney to do live action versions of their classics, but then the basic story and setting should be the same as in the original films.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Variety reported on Ronan’s negotiations for the long-gestating Order of Seven. Ronan would star as Olivia Sinclair, a British expat living in Hong Kong in the 19th century. Sinclair seeks protection from a group of warrior outlaws, who in turn seek her help in defeating an ancient, evil empress. The film, previously known as 'Snow and the Seven' and 'The Order of the Seven', has seen writers (such as Michael Chabon and Michael Arndt) come and go but looks to have a director set in commercials helmer, Michael Gracey. In an attempt to boost global interest, Disney is looking to cast well-known international stars in the roles of the warriors. Execs have already traveled to China, Russia and Japan in search of talent.
Source: http://collider.com/order-of-seven-saoi ... ll/144414/
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue May 22, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

Its an interesting story so will be interested in the outcome
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

And the fairy-tale remake madness continues...
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

This is a joke. Who wants to see this?

Further proof Disney are creatively bankrupt. Russian, Japanese and Chinese? Give me a break. Might as well cast Brazilian and Indonesian too!

Pathetic.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Saoirse Ronan to play non-Snow White in Disney's Snow White movie that isn't a Snow White movie, it swears
http://www.avclub.com/articles/saoirse- ... sno,69252/
(via laughingplace.com)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm kinda glas this movie is finally happening just to get this darn thing outta the way. I mean it sounds kinda interesting but I just want it over with.

What I'm really posting in here to say I'm glad Babaloo is back EDIT: Nevermind I thought this was him making the thread just now.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ He posted a year ago... :(
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney cancelled the movie.
Sources at Disney say that all development work is being stopped. That's an abrupt about-face, even though the project was not officially greenlit and the studio had not set a release date. The movie was in pre-production and expected to go before the cameras this year. Sources say that in the aftermath of the mega-budgeted John Carter failing at the box office in March, Disney has been scrutinizing budgets on its tentpole movies. The budget on this project while undisclosed, was high enough to give the studio pause. Having a first-time director involved contributed to the unease. Also adding to the uncertainty is the lack of a studio head.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... vie-327912
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

It's a shame really. Had they gone forward with this project when it was originally proposed years ago it would not have faced the scrutiny of the swarm of fairytale reboots in movies and TV that we're getting now because this film would've come out first.

The premise sounded a lot more interesting too.