Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

Post by Sotiris »

Continuing the discussion from here:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 88&start=0
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

Say, has any one of you saw, "The Smurfs," in 3D? I have. The story maybe smurfy, but the idea is kind of similar or a spoof to Disney's, "Enchanted." I mean come on, the Smurfs get transported from their world into our world? That's the same idea Disney came up with for Princess Giselle who too gets transported from her world into our world after she got pushed by an evil witch who became jealous at her. The question to, "The Smurfs," is: Is it me, or that movie turns out to be an, "Enchanted," rip off? But for the record, it's cute.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^yeah, some of us have that impression.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Polizzi wrote:Say, has any one of you saw, "The Smurfs," in 3D? I have. The story maybe smurfy, but the idea is kind of similar or a spoof to Disney's, "Enchanted." I mean come on, the Smurfs get transported from their world into our world? That's the same idea Disney came up with for Princess Giselle who too gets transported from her world into our world after she got pushed by an evil witch who became jealous at her. The question to, "The Smurfs," is: Is it me, or that movie turns out to be an, "Enchanted," rip off? But for the record, it's cute.
It's not a new idea. The Rocky and Bullwinkle movie involves the Frostbite Falls cast crossing over into the real world.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Polizzi wrote:Say, has any one of you saw, "The Smurfs," in 3D? I have. The story maybe smurfy, but the idea is kind of similar or a spoof to Disney's, "Enchanted." I mean come on, the Smurfs get transported from their world into our world? That's the same idea Disney came up with for Princess Giselle who too gets transported from her world into our world after she got pushed by an evil witch who became jealous at her. The question to, "The Smurfs," is: Is it me, or that movie turns out to be an, "Enchanted," rip off? But for the record, it's cute.
What does this have to do with Tangled?
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

^My thoughts exactly, Heartless! :?
"I don't get high on drugs; I get high on Disney."
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I liked it but I wish her hair would have remained blonde at the end. I'm a blonde kind of guy. :wink:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

The only difference is that 1/8 of Enchanted was 2D animated, whereas Smurfs is entirely live-action.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

DisneyJedi wrote:The only difference is that 1/8 of Enchanted was 2D animated, whereas Smurfs is entirely live-action.
CG doesn't count as animation? :?
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Don't worry, I won't see the Smurfs because to me, it's not cute, funny, nor faithful. I mean, come on, they constantly use the word "Smurf" as a curse word and it's only funny when it's in Robot Chicken.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

enigmawing wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:The only difference is that 1/8 of Enchanted was 2D animated, whereas Smurfs is entirely live-action.
CG doesn't count as animation? :?
Well, it does. But in a live-action film, it... well... it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Guys! Did any of you see Avatar in 3D? I did. The story maybe avatar, but the idea is kind of similar or a spoof to Disney's Pocahontas. I mean come on, a dashing yet foolhardy young settler falls for a beautiful, naturalist princess in the world his people want to colonise? That's the same idea <strike>centuries of folklore</strike> Disney came up with for John Smith who too is a bit ignorant until he meets and falls in love with a beautiful tribe leader's daughter who teaches him to respect the world around him. The question is: Is it me, or is Avatar a Pocahontas rip off?

By the bye, this also has nothing to do with Tangled, does it?. ;)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:
enigmawing wrote: CG doesn't count as animation? :?
Well, it does. But in a live-action film, it... well... it sticks out like a sore thumb.
It should be pointed out that the production company behind The Smurfs is Sony Pictures Animation...the same team that brought us Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Surf's Up.

In fact, I estimate that The Smurfs has a lot more animation than Enchanted does.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DisneyJedi wrote:
And the Wizard was live action.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

DisneyJedi wrote:
Wait, what? CG is what they use to blend in with live action. its hand drawn animation that sticks out like a sore thumb (not necessarily in a bad way however, just a "you don't see that too often" way). It was the entire premise of movies like Roger Rabbit.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

OK so here are the rules for the Disney Princess Dress Competition
sadly no one on this forum can enter :lol:

CONTEST "DESIGN YOUR COMPETITION DRESS PRINCESS"

1 .- The Walt Disney Company Iberia, SL (hereinafter "Disney") is organizing the competition entitled "Design Contest YOUR PRINCESS DRESS "(hereinafter the" Contest ") whose purpose is to select a drawing of a design princess dress, at the discretion of a jury composed of specialized staff is Disney awarded the prize.

2 .- Participation in the Contest girls aged 4 to 7 years to 30 August 2011 (hereinafter the "Contestant"). Contestant must be resident in Spanish territory and not an employee Disney or person regarding the organization of the Contest and / or first-degree relatives. Only one entry per person allowed.

3 .- To be eligible for the contest will be enrolled in prerequisite www.disney.es as it specifies the user ID and password and phone number of a parent or guardian to be minor participant. Those wishing to participate and are not users may register with the Contest own page and include these data. 3 .- The parents or legal representatives may cancel at any time participation in the Contest of contestants by sending a letter to Disney at the following address: José Bardasano Baos, No. 9, 28016 Madrid (Ref. "DESIGN YOUR COMPETITION princess dress").

4 .- The participation will be realized through access to the microsite "DESIGN YOUR DRESS CONTEST PRINCESS "found in www.disney.es / concursoprincesas where should rise, as shown in own website, design a file with a scanning a princess dress made ​​by the Contestant (hereinafter the "Drawing"). By following up the file to the web, parents or guardians will receive an email in which indicates how to consent to participation in the Contest, a requirement indispensable to the contestant's participation in it. The design is not displayed on this site. Incorrect execution of any of the steps to participate in the contest - as mentioned in the previous paragraph - or the breach of any other point of those established these bases will void participation in the Contest, Disney proceeding to the destruction of all information sent.

5 .- The deadline for the Contest will be from July 26, 2011 to August 30, 2011, both inclusive.

6 .- A jury composed of specialized personnel from Disney will choose the winner of the contest and five alternates, based on criteria of creativity and design drawing. The contestant whose dress was drawing the winner (in Later, the "Winner") must send a signed authorization by parents or legal representatives available in these Terms and accompanied by a photocopy of the ID of all parents or guardians to sign the same. Failure to submit such documentation, the winner forfeits the prize.

7 .- The winner will be awarded the construction of the dress she designed a costume for a child under 8 years (size 8) and attend the "real Princess Event" taking place in Kensington Palace in London on 2 October 2011. Trip includes: - Offset to 4 people from the home city to London and back through the middle of transportation selected by Disney in its sole discretion. - 2 nights at the hotel by Disney in its sole discretion. - Moving from the hotel room where the coronation takes place. - 4 tickets to attend the "real Princess Event" taking place in Kensington Palace in London on October 2, 2011.

8 .- Disney contacted by phone or e-mail on September 8, 2011 with parents Winner's legal representatives to inform them of its decision and request the submission of a signed that will provide you by email. Also check your availability to attend the "Real Event Princesas "taking place in Kensington Palace in London on October 2, 2011. It is a requirement necessary to be deemed the winner of the contest, to attend and send the authorization has been sent, duly completed and signed. The contest winner will be announced on television "Disney Channel" and published his name and surname, age and city.

9 .- In the event that within 24 hours from the choice of winner was impossible to contact telephone or email the parent or legal representatives of the Winner, the Winner does not could attend the "real Princess Event" at Kensington Palace in London or not comply with any of
Page 2
the requirements of these Rules, Disney reserves the right to substitute the first alternate. In the event that was equally impossible to contact the first alternate, he could not attend the "Princess Royal Event" or fails to comply with any requirements set forth in these Rules are pass to the second alternate and so on. In addition, Disney reserves the right to request information or Winner additional documentation and / or alternate members, losing their status if they do not provide it.

10 .- The Winner must be available to attend the October 2, the "real Princess Event" in London. That day he recorded a piece with the winner and guests to be broadcast on Disney Channel.

11 .- The personal data provided by participants in the Contest and / or their parents or guardians laws will be included in an automated data owned by The Walt Disney Company Iberia SL held responsible. The purpose of this file is properly managing its participation in the Contest, the appropriate awards and proper management of the rights granted in under the provisions of these rules and the authorization. At any time, parents or guardians legal participants in the contest can access this file in order to exercise rights access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to their personal data in accordance with the current Law 15/1999 of December

13, Protection of Personal Data. These rights may be exercised by written notice accompanied by a photocopy of the ID and sent to the Disney headquarters located in Bardasano José Baños, No. 9, 28016 (Ref. Data Protection). Following the strict security policy and child protection Disney materials sent to participate the Contest (including designers) will not be returned and will be destroyed once the competition, except those incorporated in other products, programs or content as provided in these Rules. 12 .- The parents or guardians of girls submit their designs for the competition, awarded by acceptance of these Terms and your consent to Disney to use his image, name and / or voice as well as minors in any medium and through any form of communication, including advertising and / or promotion of the Contest, and appeared in all kinds of Disney content or products, associated or not with the Disney brand and the promotion and / or advertising of them. Disney will not use the image, name and / or voice Contestants and their parents or guardians for purposes other than those described above. Parents or guardians of the winner must sign the Authorization also available in these bases. 13 .- The contest will be awarded.

14 .- Disney reserves the right to cancel the Contest and / or modify these Terms without notice and other substitute prizes.

15 .- Participation in the Contest implies acceptance of these Rules in their entirety.

16 .- This Contest is governed by applicable Spanish legislation.

17 .- The present rules are deposited with the Notary of Madrid Mr. Federico Niño Garayalde
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

Why can't boys enter?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

amazon980 wrote:Why can't boys enter?
What boy age 4-7 will want to design a princess dress??? Come-on, now.

If a boy did do it, he's going get his ass kicked by other boys and get make fun of in school.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Super Aurora wrote:
amazon980 wrote:Why can't boys enter?
What boy age 4-7 will want to design a princess dress??? Come-on, now.

If a boy did do it, he's going get his ass kicked by other boys and get make fun of in school.
That and the winner will get her dress built. It'd be highly awkward for Disney to find out that a boy will get a dress built just 4 him. :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, there would be scandal for Disney.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

But then they need to have a second contest for designing Flynn's wedding outfit as well. Disney is really doing a damn good job of turing their "family-friendly" company into a Little Girls Only Club.