Tangled Discussion Part VI: Let the Drama continue...

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

SWillie! wrote:Obviously lions stand on rocks. But to say that a rock that looks just like Pride Rock is "common" is kinda bs... plus it's not like that's the only example. Hasn't everyone seen these already?

Like I said, I believe that the stories are not the same. But to say that the compositions and visual ideas are just coincidence is probably stretching it. I mean, I don't have a problem with it, as Disney obviously did a better job at it and I love The Lion King. But you can bet that they did their research when they did this movie, and I'm sure someone came upon Kimba at some point and, consciously or not, had those ideas in their head and used them.
While those images are similar, the events in or what going on during those scenes in Kimba is NOT anywhere related in content with what happen in The Lion King.
The cloud scene you posted in kimba is actually the ending panel to the series. Basically Kimba and a human walk together into the distance with the cloud in shape of Panja appearing as a symbol. The cloud isn't even a spirit like it was in TLK.

As I said before, while there obvious influences due to some similar shots(as you posted), it's not a flat out rip-off as many are claiming. That was my point.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

This Is actually very interesting ....
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=121059

I love the idea of these two movies sold together <3
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

New Rapunzel doll!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

Congrats, Mmmadelon, if the new Rapunzel doll is yours! She is a total improvement over the FIRST Rapunzel doll!

The first Rapunzel doll did arrive with Pascal, and she had long sleeves, but SHE HAD NO EYELASHES WHATSOEVER, and that always annoyed me, because she didn't really LOOK much like Rapunzel without the eyelashes.

I like the overall look of the new doll! I'll be upset, though, if I ever do get her, and I discover that her hair isn't as long as it used to be!

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:

Mmmadelon wrote:New Rapunzel doll:

I thought of you guys when I read 'New deluxe sparkle gown'! :lol:
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

To be honest I dont really care if people dont like sparkles on a freaking princess dress. Sparkles = stars and twinkles, stars = wishing = basically what Disney's about.

So I dont see what's the problem with having super sparkly dresses.
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Re: New Rapunzel doll!

Post by Mmmadelon »

Jackoleen wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

Congrats, Mmmadelon, if the new Rapunzel doll is yours! She is a total improvement over the FIRST Rapunzel doll!
Thanks Jackoleen, but the doll isn't mine! I just posted the photo :)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney on Ice Launches Two New Shows Featuring Rapunzel from Disney’s ‘Tangled’
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-on- ... led-16897/

Also:

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Thanks, Sotiris! I posted that photo a couple weeks ago! :D And the page is up too!

http://disney.go.com/disneyonice/

And yay for adding all of the Disney Princess (except Pochantas) including Aurora. But, I don't see this in my hometown or near me in the future (PA doesn't count). :( Good, so I can save money! :D (We're spending a lot this year)

MORE PICS:
Image (Some1 fix it please?)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sorry I dunno how to fix your image disneyprincess11 maybe someone else can.

A long time ago, I ajmrowland said he thought I meant that the animaton in Tangled used too few frames in a choppy missing frame way. That's not what I meant, what I meant was that Disney would have taken more frames to have the fast motions done, and by that I meant: that Disney would not have done the animation so break-neck fast. When something goes faster, it uses less frames. That is what I meant, ajmrowland.
WarriorDreamer wrote:To be honest I dont really care if people dont like sparkles on a freaking princess dress. Sparkles = stars and twinkles, stars = wishing = basically what Disney's about.

So I dont see what's the problem with having super sparkly dresses.
I so agree.

EVERYONE: Cinderella's dress sparkled. Tiana's dress sparkled. Ariel's dress sparkled. Even Pinocchio and Peter Pan had sparkles in their non-princess movies. Sparkles represent magic and beauty, light and good. It's true there are too many sparkles in some new princess things, but it's not as bad as like all the princesses looking like whores or something, they're just extra pretty and magical looking. It's not really bad, maybe just slightly annoying, don't be so against them! There should be some magic...some sparkles!

And just so you know, there were even sparkles in the leaves that swirled around Pocahontas, so her having sparkles is totally okay.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Disney Duster wrote:... but it's not as bad as like all the princesses looking like whores or something...
Hey! There are children who come on here!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Heartless wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:... but it's not as bad as like all the princesses looking like whores or something...
Hey! There are children who come on here!!
Yea, and that's a real world and not a curse word. If someone here legitimately has a problem with it I will remove it, but I know you are just making fun.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:
Heartless wrote: Hey! There are children who come on here!!
Yea, and that's a real world and not a curse word. If someone here legitimately has a problem with it I will remove it, but I know you are just making fun.
curse words are real words. The word Fuck was originally wasn't meant anything derogatory at all to begin with.

Besides, the more correct word to use is "prostitute" anyway.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Super Aurora wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: Yea, and that's a real world and not a curse word. If someone here legitimately has a problem with it I will remove it, but I know you are just making fun.
curse words are real words. The word Fuck was originally wasn't meant anything derogatory at all to begin with.

Besides, the more correct word to use is "prostitute" anyway.
Haha. I see what you did there.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I realize it's usually a joke, but I never really got the whole Disney Princess "whore" thing. Sure, they often look gaudy, too glittery, or off-model when it comes to the official clip art and merchandise, but they hardly look like whores.

. . . that's what the fanart is for. :D
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Sotiris wrote:Image
I don't know about anybody else, but I found "choking hazard" written here quite amusing. The merchandise is really that bad, then? :lol:
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Anyone who thinks the Disney princesses dress like whores needs to see what superheroines in comic books who are almost always wearing next to nothing. But are still respected for their integrity and strength.

.... and then they also need to book themselves in for a psychiatrist session.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Super Aurora wrote: Besides, the more correct word to use is "prostitute" anyway.
So they get paid in sparkles?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Super Aurora wrote: Besides, the more correct word to use is "prostitute" anyway.

I could make a really dirty joke/ reply to that, but for the sake of my childhood, I won't.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

:lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

SWillie! wrote: Haha. I see what you did there.
I don't. What the hell "did I do there"? I wasn't being witty or anything....

WarriorDreamer wrote:Anyone who thinks the Disney princesses dress like whores needs to see what superheroines in comic books who are almost always wearing next to nothing. But are still respected for their integrity and strength.
Because Superheroines are hot and can kick your asses. What do Princesses do? Sit on their ass and drink tea.
Disney's Divinity wrote:
They get paid to drink tea. Sparkling is a bonus.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mattel's CEO Discusses Q2 2011 Results
http://seekingalpha.com/article/279683- ... transcript
Disney Princess continues to perform very well across all regions, driven by strong sales of dolls, accessories and play sets based on the film Tangled, which released on DVD in several territories during the quarter.
As I mentioned earlier for Disney Princess, our rights extend to most the world now. Tangled sales have been outstanding, and the property continues to perform very well. We're excited that Disney will be releasing an all-new Tangled animated cartoon short in 2012, featuring the wedding of Rapunzel and Flynn, which will firmly establish her in the princess family.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage