DISNEY GENERATIONS DVD: NEW LINE

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

DISNEY GENERATIONS DVD: NEW LINE

Post by msh1975 »

HI EVERYONE, DISNEYDVD.COM ON THE RELEASE CALENDAR JUST POSTED 3 NEW TITLES UNDER THE DISNEY GENERATIONS BANNER THEY ARE:

1. AMY
2. GOLDRUSH
3. STUDENT EXCHANGE

NICE NEW STYLE OF PACKAGING TOO. I BELIEVE THIS NEW LINE IS REPLACEING THE TREASURES COLLECTION, BUT AT A LOWER LEVEL, NO TIN CANS OR BONUS FEATURES ETC.....JUST BARE BONES.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I don't think this line is replacing the treasures because those films aren't the type of material we'd expect from a treasures-like line. This line does look promising but I wonder about the long-term aspect of the line (i.e, Blu-ray release?).
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

This is only DVD-On-Demand from Amazon, right? :evil:
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Chernabog wrote:This is only DVD-On-Demand from Amazon, right? :evil:
looks like it.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Amy is great - - I've never heard of the other two. Let's hope this will also mean more classic Walt era titles on DVD in addition to Disney Movie Club Exclusives (none listed yet, and certainly no Treasures type material).

Disney DVD site does not specify that these titles are made-to-order but Amazon does - - these are DVD-R, I'm glad they are finally embracing this business because I'd rather have hard copies than downloads.

http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/disney-g ... ction.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

Post by msh1975 »

i just ordered the 3 titles through amazon and with 1 day shipping. i love the movie AMY. my order total was $60 + $20for shipping. im looking forward to getting these tomorrow. i never bought dvd-r movies before like this so i hope the quality is good. looks like disney is doing what warner brothers does with the warner archives collection ( dvd on demand- dvd-r )
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

About time Disney followed Warner Archives lead, though I hope they put additional content on more interesting releases
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

I hope this leads to the completion of the Disney Afternoon shows on DVD like Gummi Bears, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers...
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22823
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'd like to see them offer all of the unique Walt TV Anthology episodes.

Also seems like a great way to do "Song of the South" if they won't do a major release - - who can complain that it's only available to those who want it, made-on-demand?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I'm happy to see this, but as the guy running the Disney Fan campaign to get un-released shows on DVD, the work is not done. But, this is a huge victory without even having to do much. The river has finally opened, now we have to direct it's course.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

YAY! Count me in as another person excited about this new program!

I'm not familiar with any of these movies, but I do have hope that in the future we will see some very anticipated titles finally hit the market through "Disney Generations"!
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spottedfeather »

Movies that I'd really like to see them put out through this line are...
B.R.A.T. Patrol
Earth Star Voyager
Fuzzbucket
all 3 Zenon movies
an unedited Christmas Toy
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Spottedfeather wrote: an unedited Christmas Toy
I don't think we have the rights... Other than to Kermit himself.

-Skyler
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Just ordered all of them!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Of course, I want to see this bring us full tv shows like the Hanna-Barbera shows at the Warner Archive and the NickToons also sold via Amazon.com! I want to see them finish the six Disney Afternoon titles they are one release from finishing, and then i want to see them start releasing other shows they didn't even start on, Like "Aladdin: The Series," "Bonkers," or "The Legend of Tarzan." As well as I want the rest of the classic 50's-70's era tv shows and mini-series on DVD. You know, the ones that would have been part of the "Disney Treasures?"

But, so far as tv movies go, while I want them all out, my personal picks would be the "Not Quite Human" trilogy, "Luck of the Irish," and maybe "Parent Trap III." Just coming to my mind anyway, I'm sure there are more.

Over at Open Vault Disney, which is my Disney Fan campaign, this is what we'll be focused on, getting them to expand this collection. I'd hate to see them release a few titles like these three, and then stop claiming it doesn't work. Disney is notorious for giving a half hearted effort and then backing out. We can't let them do that this time, we have to hold on to this!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Escapade in Florence
The Horsemasters
The Prince and the Pauper
Sammy the Way-Out Seal
Mosby's Marauders
The Light in the Forest
The Waltz King
The Sign of Zorro
Zorro the Avenger
The Magnificent Rebel
Charley and the Angel
Child of Glass
Secrets of the Pirates Inn
Secret of Boyne Castle
Emil and the Detectives

All Ludwig VonDrake, Jiminy Cricket, Magic Mirror, Ranger Woodlore, Donald Duck TV hours

Disneyland Showtime!
From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow
America the Beautiful

Spin and Marty 2 and 3
Hardy Boys 2
Corky and White Shadow
Moochie of the Little League
Moochie of Pop Warner Football

All of Swamp Fox
Disney Family Album
The Mouse Factory

Song of the South!

Uncut Melody Time, Make Mine Music, etc.
Westward Ho the Wagons in Widescreen

(Of course, better if they plan regular pressed DVDs of these as DMC Exclusives... but these would still be in demand as DVD-on-demand)
Last edited by merlinjones on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
Spottedfeather wrote: an unedited Christmas Toy
I don't think we have the rights... Other than to Kermit himself.

-Skyler
Correct. HIT Entertainment owns the rights to Christmas Toy.
Ioz wrote:I hope this leads to the completion of the Disney Afternoon shows on DVD like Gummi Bears, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers...
OMG! That would be a dream come true.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Doug's 1st Movie I hope will be available at some point...and maybe that's how they can release the rest of Gargoyles, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Disney's Doug the animated series....Aladdin the animated series I would get in a heartbeat...same for Hercules TAS....Also maybe a Halloween movie called Under Wraps? there is so much they could tap into for this...and I agree they should release Song of the South this way if not any other....although i'm nervous it will be EDITED :evil:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

"Song of the South": Not sure what they would/could edit that would make any difference to its critics.

They could burn in a subtitle placing the year of the story clearly post-war post-slavery -- during reconstruction, though. That might help the context for new viewers.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

merlinjones wrote:"Song of the South": Not sure what they would/could edit that would make any difference to its critics.

They could burn in a subtitle placing the year of the story clearly post-war post-slavery -- during reconstruction, though. That might help the context for new viewers.
I'm worried they'll edit out the "the tar baby scene" I mean this is Disney Marketing of the 21st century we're talking about... :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx