Flynn Rider and Prince Naveen kicked out of Disney Parks

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Flynn Rider and Prince Naveen kicked out of Disney Parks

Post by SWillie! »

Hey everybody! So, it appears that Prince Naveen and Flynn Rider are being taken out of the the parks, and the meet and greets will be with Tiana and Rapunzel only, starting July 3rd. I think this is a big mistake, as there are finally "Princess" meet and greet experiences that both girls AND boys can enjoy, instead of little boys always feeling embarrassed to go see a "girly" princess. I mean, what kind of little boy doesn't love Flynn's adventure stories?

Also, when Ariel was taken out of Ariel's Grotto due to the Fantasyland Expansion, they decided that in order to continue with meet and greets in Adventureland, Prince Eric had to be included. The reason being that without Eric, Ariel would have no reason to be on her human legs. They brought Eric in to continue showing the importance of character integrity and quality of show that guests have come to expect from Disney.

But now, the exact opposite logic is being used. The guys are being taken away, even though with Naveen, Tiana wouldn't even be a princess, and without Flynn, Rapunzel wouldn't ever be out of her tower and off exploring new places like the Magic Kingdom.

They make such a big deal about quality of show and storytelling and integrity of character, and then take away the two characters that are responsible for making their respective ladies princesses in the first place! A few Cast Members have started an online petition, hoping to bring Flynn and Naveen back in time for the busy holiday season this year. I'm sure the guys would appreciate if everyone took a couple quick seconds to sign it! Thanks!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveflynnnaveen/
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

So, let me see if get this straight. Disney changed the title Rapunzel to Tangled in the hopes of appealing to boys while advertising Flynn Rider as the lead (when he really wasn't.) and now both he and Naveen are getting kicked out of the Parks?

*Sigh* Why did they even bother re-naming Rapunzel?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Tristy wrote:So, let me see if get this straight. Disney changed the title Rapunzel to Tangled in the hopes of appealing to boys while advertising Flynn Rider as the lead (when he really wasn't.) and now both he and Naveen are getting kicked out of the Parks?

this sounds like a book that was going to be released call The Art of Disney's Neglected Prince which was never made....talk about an oxymoron ...an art of book of neglected Disney Prince gets neglected.....

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

Signed the petition. I feel strongly about this. We need those positive male role models present for boys to learn from. Both Naveen and Flynn start off in their films thinking one way to behave is correct (the offish, selfish way that many Dreamwork characters behave), but then learn during their adventures what is really important and become the kind of men you would want to be associated with. Keep em in the parks Disney! In the words of one Simpson's mother: Please think of the children! :P

As for that book: I WANT IT! Why was it canned?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Live On wrote: As for that book: I WANT IT! Why was it canned?
Disney's mysterious marketing that even Scooby Doo and Mystery inc teaming up with Underdog and Inspector Gadget and Nigel Powers joined forces wouldn't be able to find that out. :P

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

This is a joke, but online petitions don't work. I'd head up an online campaign, but I'm kind of all ready busy doing that for something else Disney related. But I support any efforts to keep the princes in the park. What a joke. I agree, it goes against the reason they changed the titled to "Tangled" in the first place!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Gee Wiz, what a ridiculous idea. Sure, I could imagine that someday these two princesses would be seen without their men, but why so soon? Both of these films are pretty fresh and the Princess Franchise hasn't even gotten the chance to dilute the actual stories/films about these girls to make them believable characters without Flynn and Naveen. :roll:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

This thread belongs in the 'Disney Theme Parks' section.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Coming from a former little girl who used to have an inexplicable fear of strange men and who was always sort of nervous about meeting face characters anyway, I can sort of see some of the reasons why they are getting rid of both characters for the meet and greet. I know there are some boys out there who would like to meet them, but the girls who want to meet the princesses but don't care so much about the princes greatly outnumber those boys. And we all know Disney is more about appealing to the masses than individuals, and they also get to pay a few less people for the day. Win for Disney, lose for Naveen and Flynn fans.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

screw that my ass will wait in line with the 4 year old girls to take pics lol
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

@pinkrenata: Could you please move this thread to the appropriate section since you're a mod?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Sotiris wrote:@pinkrenata: Could you please move this thread to the appropriate section since you're a mod?
Sorry -- I have trouble noticing details until I've had my second cup of coffee. Move request noted and done! :tink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:This thread belongs in the 'Disney Theme Parks' section.
Why did you do that. It was put here specifically because no one goes in the Disney Theme Parks section.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Pinkrenata, you have the completely wrong idea as to why they are getting rid of the characters.

As a Cast Member, I know for certain that Flynn and Naveen are leaving because of budget reasons. They have decided to start doing "back to backs" for Tiana and Rapunzel, which means that there will be more opportunities to meet the princesses. But, in doing so, they've decided that they can't pay FOUR people each day... they're only willing to pay two. When in reality, Walt Disney World makes a face character's daily wages in less than a minute, every day.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

That's SO lame! They got rid of Naveen a long time ago at Disneyland. Flynn's not even always there at Disneyland anyway. Ugh ugh ugh ugh....
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Tristy wrote:So, let me see if get this straight. Disney changed the title Rapunzel to Tangled in the hopes of appealing to boys while advertising Flynn Rider as the lead (when he really wasn't.) and now both he and Naveen are getting kicked out of the Parks?

Agreed! It's so unfair to boys! Flynn was one of the main characters in Tangled and he was popular with boys. So, then suddenely they remove him?!?! How sexist! So much for seeing Flynn on my next trip! :cry:

As for Naveen, that's stupid too! Really glad I saw him last year! (I have such cute photos of us, I may post them!) He's in PATF aka The Frog Prince, and guess who's the Frog Prince? HIM! The fairytale is about him, but they are still removing him?!?! It's like removing Aladdin from the Disney parks!

But, if it's for budget cuts, why can't they remove the least pouplar ones like Brer Fox, Brer Bear etc.? (No offense to their fans).
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

disneyprincess11 wrote:But, if it's for budget cuts, why can't they remove the least pouplar ones like Brer Fox, Brer Bear etc.? (No offense to their fans).
Brer Bear and Brer Fox don't make appearances in Disney World. I don't know about Disneyland, but definitely not here. They're only in parades (and rarely at that.)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SWillie! wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:But, if it's for budget cuts, why can't they remove the least pouplar ones like Brer Fox, Brer Bear etc.? (No offense to their fans).
Brer Bear and Brer Fox don't make appearances in Disney World. I don't know about Disneyland, but definitely not here. They're only in parades (and rarely at that.)
Yeah because then people would ask Brer Fox and Brer Bear what movie are you from and we all know Disney's appreciation or rather lack thereof Song of the South.... :roll:

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

SWillie! wrote:
Oh I thought I see them sometimes when I'm at Disney World. :? :? :?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I said it before and I'll say it again. Disney are really big ass hypocrites
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif