Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

No problem on posting! And thanks for fixing it up for me :) Looks nice.

One note on it that may help... It's a very painterly poster. And when I say that, I mean that there isn't as much detail as you think. It's quite blended and smooth. Especially her hair. Now, it may have just been the lighting, BUT it looked almost like it did in the photo minus some lighting changes. If it doesn't leak today, I'll skew the lighting to show you how it really looks.
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

SWillie! wrote:Oh. My. God.

I'm seriously calling it right now that this will be my favorite Pixar film to date. For sure. Gorgeous poster, thanks for posting!
Same here! I haven't been this excited for a Disney/Pixar movie since Tangled!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

German Title Logo

Apparently, it's going to be named there as "Merida: Legend of the Highlands". I like the name; it's epic-sounding. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Now that's a really good title!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The title being in the hills is probably my least favorite part. I'd like it better if it was her against the sky, personally. But I've liked everything that's been released so far (info., Merida, etc.), so I'm glad the film's moving along.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Here's an official release of the poster - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/22/b ... irst-look/

Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

wow.... i think this movie will be a big surprise, the poster looks amazing, looks like pixar is aiming for the thing Disney has lost in the past couple of years..epicness an magic
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:Here's an official release of the poster
Thanks!! :)

It’s Pixar Animation Studio’s first fairy tale fantasy, and it marks yet another change of pace for the venerable dream factory. “What we want to get across [with the teaser] is that this story has some darker elements,” director Mark Andrews tells EW. “Not to frighten off our Pixar fans — we’ll still have all the comedy and the great characters. But we get a little bit more intense here.”

That feeling is also apparent in the film’s first poster, which you can see in the official first look below. You may notice some mysterious stones in the background of the poster, and that’s on purpose. “Those stones are actually a pretty important set in the film,” says producer Katherine Sarafian. “We can’t say what happens there, but they were inspired by an actual location in Scotland that we visited multiple times during our research. It was a very powerful setting for the kind of things we want to have happen in the story.”
Source: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/22/b ... irst-look/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

It’s Pixar Animation Studio’s first fairy tale fantasy, and it marks yet another change of pace for the venerable dream factory. “What we want to get across [with the teaser] is that this story has some darker elements,” director Mark Andrews tells EW. “Not to frighten off our Pixar fans — we’ll still have all the comedy and the great characters. But we get a little bit more intense here.”

That feeling is also apparent in the film’s first poster, which you can see in the official first look below. You may notice some mysterious stones in the background of the poster, and that’s on purpose. “Those stones are actually a pretty important set in the film,” says producer Katherine Sarafian. “We can’t say what happens there, but they were inspired by an actual location in Scotland that we visited multiple times during our research. It was a very powerful setting for the kind of things we want to have happen in the story.”
Those stones are the Stone circle/ scotland stones, a mysterious land setting. If u google them, then u'll find some pics...
blue lights...mysterious stones...pixar going darker.... I like it :)
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

That poster is amazing - breathtaking, even! I want it.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I am seriously impressed with this poster. If the look and feel of this film matches this poster, I know this will quickly become one of my favorite Pixar films yet. I've been feeling lately that although Pixar always creates a touching film in some way, that they had become almost predictable. This is a very welcome change of pace!
Disney's Divinity

Toky wrote: Those stones are the Stone circle/ scotland stones, a mysterious land setting. If u google them, then u'll find some pics...
blue lights...mysterious stones...pixar going darker.... I like it :)
I had guessed that, too, from the Scottish setting.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

I can't decide which title I like better. Either, "Merida: Legend of the Highlands," or, "Brave." However, the name, "Brave," reminds me of a Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One," or maybe, "The Brave Little Toaster."
RIPJoeRanft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RIPJoeRanft »

This poster is impressive.

I'm eager to see how a fairy tale gets the Pixar treatment, and how similar/different it is from a Disney Animation film.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

This totally doesn't seem like a Pixar movie and that's a good thing. I mean it has a very mysterious foreboding quality to it.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Polizzi wrote:I can't decide which title I like better. Either, "Merida: Legend of the Highlands," or, "Brave." However, the name, "Brave," reminds me of a Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One," or maybe, "The Brave Little Toaster."
Wasn't this insirped by The Brave Little Toaster? I read something like that...
pettla77
Limited Issue

Post by pettla77 »

The poster looks amazing!
Thanks for posting :)
Disney's Divinity

disneyprincess11 wrote:Wasn't this insirped by The Brave Little Toaster? I read something like that...
...really? :lol: I don't know if that's true or not, but talk about off-the-wall.

About the titles, I like them both okay. Still, Bear and the Bow was my favorite, though they might've got rid of any bears, so...
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

How soon do you think we will get the teaser? Tomorrow is the premiere of Cars 2, isn't it?
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

I'm planning on seeing the advanced midnight screening of Disney and Pixar's, "Cars 2," before the actual date, and hope that there will be a trailer of Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," even though it is an advanced screening. By the way, if you folks went to see an advanced screening of Disney and Pixar's, "Toy Story 3," before the actual release, did the trailers show Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)?" Just curious.