DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:00 am 
Special Edition

No problem on posting! And thanks for fixing it up for me :) Looks nice.

One note on it that may help... It's a very painterly poster. And when I say that, I mean that there isn't as much detail as you think. It's quite blended and smooth. Especially her hair. Now, it may have just been the lighting, BUT it looked almost like it did in the photo minus some lighting changes. If it doesn't leak today, I'll skew the lighting to show you how it really looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 am 
Gold Collection

SWillie! wrote:
Oh. My. God.

I'm seriously calling it right now that this will be my favorite Pixar film to date. For sure. Gorgeous poster, thanks for posting!

Same here! I haven't been this excited for a Disney/Pixar movie since Tangled!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 am 
Platinum Edition

German Title Logo

Apparently, it's going to be named there as "Merida: Legend of the Highlands". I like the name; it's epic-sounding. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 pm 
Collector's Edition

Now that's a really good title!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 pm 
Platinum Edition

The title being in the hills is probably my least favorite part. I'd like it better if it was her against the sky, personally. But I've liked everything that's been released so far (info., Merida, etc.), so I'm glad the film's moving along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Here's an official release of the poster - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/22/b ... irst-look/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:39 pm 
Special Edition

wow.... i think this movie will be a big surprise, the poster looks amazing, looks like pixar is aiming for the thing Disney has lost in the past couple of years..epicness an magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 pm 
Platinum Edition

SWillie! wrote:
Here's an official release of the poster

Thanks!! :)

Quote:
It’s Pixar Animation Studio’s first fairy tale fantasy, and it marks yet another change of pace for the venerable dream factory. “What we want to get across [with the teaser] is that this story has some darker elements,” director Mark Andrews tells EW. “Not to frighten off our Pixar fans — we’ll still have all the comedy and the great characters. But we get a little bit more intense here.”

That feeling is also apparent in the film’s first poster, which you can see in the official first look below. You may notice some mysterious stones in the background of the poster, and that’s on purpose. “Those stones are actually a pretty important set in the film,” says producer Katherine Sarafian. “We can’t say what happens there, but they were inspired by an actual location in Scotland that we visited multiple times during our research. It was a very powerful setting for the kind of things we want to have happen in the story.”

Source: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/22/b ... irst-look/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm 
Special Edition

Quote:
It’s Pixar Animation Studio’s first fairy tale fantasy, and it marks yet another change of pace for the venerable dream factory. “What we want to get across [with the teaser] is that this story has some darker elements,” director Mark Andrews tells EW. “Not to frighten off our Pixar fans — we’ll still have all the comedy and the great characters. But we get a little bit more intense here.”

That feeling is also apparent in the film’s first poster, which you can see in the official first look below. You may notice some mysterious stones in the background of the poster, and that’s on purpose. “Those stones are actually a pretty important set in the film,” says producer Katherine Sarafian. “We can’t say what happens there, but they were inspired by an actual location in Scotland that we visited multiple times during our research. It was a very powerful setting for the kind of things we want to have happen in the story.”

Those stones are the Stone circle/ scotland stones, a mysterious land setting. If u google them, then u'll find some pics...
blue lights...mysterious stones...pixar going darker.... I like it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 pm 
Limited Edition

That poster is amazing - breathtaking, even! I want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:14 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I am seriously impressed with this poster. If the look and feel of this film matches this poster, I know this will quickly become one of my favorite Pixar films yet. I've been feeling lately that although Pixar always creates a touching film in some way, that they had become almost predictable. This is a very welcome change of pace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 pm 
Platinum Edition

Toky wrote:
Those stones are the Stone circle/ scotland stones, a mysterious land setting. If u google them, then u'll find some pics...
blue lights...mysterious stones...pixar going darker.... I like it :)
I had guessed that, too, from the Scottish setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

I can't decide which title I like better. Either, "Merida: Legend of the Highlands," or, "Brave." However, the name, "Brave," reminds me of a Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One," or maybe, "The Brave Little Toaster."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:20 pm 
Gold Collection

This poster is impressive.

I'm eager to see how a fairy tale gets the Pixar treatment, and how similar/different it is from a Disney Animation film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 pm 
Collector's Edition

This totally doesn't seem like a Pixar movie and that's a good thing. I mean it has a very mysterious foreboding quality to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Polizzi wrote:
I can't decide which title I like better. Either, "Merida: Legend of the Highlands," or, "Brave." However, the name, "Brave," reminds me of a Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One," or maybe, "The Brave Little Toaster."

Wasn't this insirped by The Brave Little Toaster? I read something like that...

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 am 
Gold Collection

The poster looks amazing!
Thanks for posting :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 am 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Wasn't this insirped by The Brave Little Toaster? I read something like that...
...really? :lol: I don't know if that's true or not, but talk about off-the-wall.

About the titles, I like them both okay. Still, Bear and the Bow was my favorite, though they might've got rid of any bears, so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 am 
Gold Collection

How soon do you think we will get the teaser? Tomorrow is the premiere of Cars 2, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:44 am 
Collector's Edition

I'm planning on seeing the advanced midnight screening of Disney and Pixar's, "Cars 2," before the actual date, and hope that there will be a trailer of Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," even though it is an advanced screening. By the way, if you folks went to see an advanced screening of Disney and Pixar's, "Toy Story 3," before the actual release, did the trailers show Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)?" Just curious.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 75  Next