Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Sky Syndrome wrote:Wreck-It Ralph makes me think of a anthropomorphic steam shovel. XD
Sounds like he could be Mater's buddy then! ;)
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Hmmm... this has me less intrigued for this movie. Not the title change (although I'm not fond of it either), but the cast. And the director. I mean, the director of the Simpsons using John C Reily and Sarah Silverman in a Disney movie? Not to pull a Duster, but this just doesn't feel like a Disney movie at all at this point. I guess I'll wait to see more before I really pass judgement. I suppose it's a good thing that they're doing something REALLY different.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Yeah, this new titled doesn't have the same ring as the previous title.

Everything else sounds awesome. Let's hope they can keep this idea fresh until its premiere date.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I admit that I preferred Reboot Ralph as the title but I don't hate the new one, it makes sense considering the hero of the game is called Fix-It Felix. One thing I've really wanted to see in new Disney projects is originality. That's not to say that I'm against the tried-and-tested fairytales that have been so successful for them but I'm excited at the prospect of a film that sounds like it will be unlike any other that Disney has made before. Add to that the cast which so far sounds good, I'm definitely looking forward to Wreck-It Ralph.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Just when you thought that the title can't get any worse, Disney surprises us again! :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

SWillie wrote:I suppose it's a good thing that they're doing something REALLY different.
DisneyAnimation88 wrote: ... but I'm excited at the prospect of a film that sounds like it will be unlike any other that Disney has made before.
I love what you guys said. This is exactly what WDAS needs, something vastly different. I hope they don't waste the opportunity to produce bland visuals. This video-game world has the potential to create a CG film as visually striking as Tangled (though in different domains).

enigma, I don't like the title either. However, whereas with Tangled I was very annoyed with the title change, in this case I don't care. I'm not going to waste the energy fuming over a title the second time round.

The only misgiving I have with the current title concerns its appeal. Will people really show up to a movie called Wreck-It Ralph? :? [/quote]

EDIT: I'm also excited by the director. I'm not familiar with Moore, but having The Simpsons and Futurama heritage sounds very promising to me. Maybe he can inject a new brand of humour to the WDAS film (similarly to what Mark Dindal did 11 years ago with The Emperor's New Groove).

EDIT 2: I also feel refreshed at the lack of big-name voice actors.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Julian Carter wrote:EDIT 2: I also feel refreshed at the lack of big-name voice actors.
John C. Reily and Sarah Silverman are big-name voice actors. :?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

SWillie! wrote:
Julian Carter wrote:EDIT 2: I also feel refreshed at the lack of big-name voice actors.
John C. Reily and Sarah Silverman are big-name voice actors. :?
and Jane Lynch is in everything now. :lol:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Although it wasn't officially announced, we knew who was going to direct this film a year ago. Does anyone else get a bit of MegaMind vibe from the synopsis? I have high hopes for this film; I hope it can be for video games what Toy Story was for toys.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

About time we had the plot! Sounds like a cute movie, but it sounds TOO MUCH like Megamind! Love that Jane Lynch is going to be in it.

And Wreck-It Ralph? It's isn't that bad. It's better than Tangled.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I honestly think that it should have just been called "Reboot." I just think the name Ralph is so off putting in a film title. (No offense to any Ralphs haha)
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Rich More also co-directed WALL-E, I think.

Anyway...

Positive
-Jane Lynch, and as the film's potential villain.
-Has the potential to have very striking visuals.

Negative
-The overal concept sounds a bit confusing on paper, though it probably will work better on screen.
-"Reboot" is catchier than "Wreck-it", though ultimately there have been far more alarming title changes.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've liked all the titles they've come up with so "Wreck-It" doesn't bother me, and the story sounds good, too. The only thing that's irking me is Sarah Silverman. I'm just thinking about her voice, and how grating that's going to be.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

SWillie! wrote:I honestly think that it should have just been called "Reboot."
The problem is that it's the title of a cult animated series from the '90s, which I believe revolves around the world inside of a computer.

I like the title Reboot Ralph, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. I imagine that, like Tangled, I will eventually get used to it. Rich Moore is an interesting choice for director. Who would have thought somebody who worked on Drawn Together would go on to direct a Disney animated feature?

Oh and for those worried about a Simpsons alumni directing an animated feature for Disney, remember that Brad Bird and David Silverman (co-director of Monsters, Inc.) also directed episodes of The Simpsons way back when.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote:Does anyone else get a bit of MegaMind vibe from the synopsis?
Yes. Well, actually Despicable Me, which of course if similar to Mega Mind. I guess the good guy/bad guy twist is in vogue now...
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Wreck-It Ralph....

.... What? Why change part of the title when it was fine the way it was? :?

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. :roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The name change was probably made in order to avoid audience confusion with the upcoming ReBoot feature film based on the CG animated TV series of the same name. Although the film had been delayed for quite some time (it was initially announced in 2008), it seems that now it's back on track:
In a quarterly press release on March 11, 2011 Rainmaker CEO Warren Franklin announced "Our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series ReBoot"
Last edited by Sotiris on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:Although the film had been delayed for quite some time (it was initially announced in 2008), it seems that now is back on track:
In a quarterly press release on March 11, 2011 Rainmaker CEO Warren Franklin announced "Our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series ReBoot"
Oh, good--I thought it had been cancelled. :D

That was one of the main reasons I wasn't crazy about the change to "Reboot Ralph" (see older posts), so I'm kind of glad for "Wreck-It" myself.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

The new title sounds too much like wrecked-up which is what you say when you can't say what you want to say...

O well, I like all the cast except Silverman, but I do think she's funny and she'll probably play the sweet children friendly role like she does in The Simpsons.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Wait, who does she voice on the Simpsons?